prefolds.

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2007, 03:15 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I'm selling off my BG's to make room for more prefolds. I realized I love prefolds the most. So I've been looking around for CP and they are hard to find now! What sites do you use for these? I've found 2 but I'm comparing prices right now. Also I use the Bummis whisper wraps right now, but I need to buy some more. I love these but I wouldn't mind trying another type of cover. What do you like the best?
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 26th, 2007, 04:44 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I have bought all mine from Green Mountain Diapers http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/diapers.htm I have been happy with every transaction I have had with them. I did buy PFs from Momma Commune Boutique once, I wanted to try Thirsties, but I never received them, nor a refund. Avoid that place! The owner has changed the name to Simplify with Style, don't be fooled!
I like the shape of them Green Mountain Diapers Clotheez CPFs. Their premiums are shorter than regular premium CPFs, but wider, so they fit perfectly in a BSWW or ABC wrap without folding down, and fit around better. They hold the most of any diaper we have had yet! http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/prefolds.htm

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

October 27th, 2007, 07:13 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I dont know about the prefolds, I have a bunch that I bought from Susan, and actually I dont even know what kind they are but I love them!! As far as covers go, I really like my Wonder Wraps, I have 2 of them. They are a OS and they work great getting them over prefolds. I have a couple of fleece pull on wraps that I like too, but they are sort of bulky. I have a Luxe pull on wool cover that I really like too. Other than those, I have 1 fleece wrap and 1 wool wrap that I made as well.
October 27th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love prefolds!! I do have a few pockets, but I find myself reaching for the prefolds more. I got mine from little lions(great prices). I have a few bummis and a few prowraps, and one thirstie. My fave by far is the thirstie. Im actually thinking of selling the bummis to get more thirsties I also have a few wool soakers for Genevieve and LOVE those. Im going to be getting some fleece pants soon, as well. You can use the fleece pants from old navy and they are super cheap.

October 27th, 2007, 08:56 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
Pinstripes and Polkadots has been my favorite so far.

I have only Mother East Covers and BSWW's. I gave my Fluff Buddy an Swaddlebee ABC wrap I think it was called, and I really liked it and am thinking about getting myself some.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

October 27th, 2007, 09:10 AM
sprouthead's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sprouthead Send a message via MSN to sprouthead
Quote:
You can use the fleece pants from old navy and they are super cheap.[/b]
what do you mean? how do you use them?
October 27th, 2007, 10:28 AM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I love PFs! I didn't think I would when I started. I do like my Swaddlebees ABC wrap. My Fluffbuddy got it for me. The only reason I don't use it more is because she was afraid Tanith would grow out of it too fast so it's a little big. My skinny babe! I love my Thirsties, and they come in a lot of cute colors. And I have heard good things about the fleece covers from TKCuddlers, so I am looking to get some of those.

Sprouthead, it's like wool longies. You put on the dipe and put on the pants. Tada! You may have to change the pants more often than wool because it may hold smell a little.

October 27th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Quote:
what do you mean? how do you use them?
[/b]

Quote:
Sprouthead, it's like wool longies. You put on the dipe and put on the pants. Tada! You may have to change the pants more often than wool because it may hold smell a little.[/b]
^^Yeah, that! Just like the wool pants. And they are much cheaper(and machine washable), so washing them more isnt a big deal.

October 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
sprouthead's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sprouthead Send a message via MSN to sprouthead
Really? Do you have to change the pants during the day or can you use them for a long time in between washes?

I love those fleece old navy pants!
October 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
ooo yes i love love love prefolds! cheap, easy to clean and really easy to use compared to what you would expect.

i got mine from cottonbabies.com
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.p...;products_id=89

and then i got the NB ones from greenmountiandiaper.com because they were the only ones with NB ones. they had super fast shipping!

i was 100% pleased with BOTH places and order from cottonababies a lot more now because of how pleased i was with them.

ps. it never comes out cheaper to buy them FSOT if you were looking there.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
October 28th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
No, I figured it wouldn't be cheaper to buy them used. They are pretty cheap as it is. I'm just selling my BG's to fund buying new prefolds. I ended up buying some Indian Prefolds (I've never tried them before) because it was about half the price then the CP's. I hope I like them as much as I like my CP.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

October 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i find that the indians don't hold as much. but that mya just be my children. good luck!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
October 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
*groan* don't tell me that! Ugh... well I got a dozen, and I plan to buy a dozen more so I guess I'll get CP's next.

October 28th, 2007, 08:41 PM
HnKsMama's Avatar Veteran
I prefer Indians over the CPFs, IMO they hold alot more than CPFs do and are much softer. I have gotten mine from diaperswappers in trades and sales, but I just bought brand new unbleached ones from www.keenbambino.com and love them.
I actually sold off all of my pockets except for the Swaddlebees. Now I have 32 PFs, 8 prefitteds (fitted out of a prfold) and 4 fitteds, 1 SB pocket and 2 SB AIOs.

I usually use the PFs with a snappi under a thirsties cover or under fleece pants or soakers.

</div>
October 29th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Tofu Bacon
I've tried 2 kinds of prefolds. My first were Thirsties Chinese prefolds. They were nice and absorbant, but took forever to soften up (a good 6 months). After that I tried Little-Lions Indian prefolds and will never ever buy another brand of prefolds again! Little-Lions are sooooo soft, even before you finish prepping them. And they are dirt cheap!
October 29th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Thats where I got mine, little-lions. I'm glad you like them... Hopefully I will too1

October 31st, 2007, 08:09 AM
Tofu Bacon
Quote:
Which kind: the ordinary fleece or the micro performance fleece?
October 31st, 2007, 08:44 AM
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
Which kind: the ordinary fleece or the micro performance fleece?
[/b][/quote]

The perfomance fleece.

October 31st, 2007, 01:20 PM
Tofu Bacon
awesome, thanks!
October 31st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got my pfs at Cotton Babies too. I mostly have Indian, and found those to be soft and getting softer each washing, and I just got my Chinese so I don't know yet. I am becoming a pf addict! We just do bikini twist with a snappi and fleece pants these days, and it works, is super easy to wash, and the poop stays in the diaper, and it's dirt cheap - diaper, snappi, and pants (which are clothes too!) cost me under $10. If I could start over with cding, I would just get pfs and a few fitteds for Daddy and Grandma.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search