So Upset!

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This last weekend, my husband and I bought a new dryer, because our old one was taking too long to dry things (2+ hours for clothes and 1-1.5 hours for diapers). The new one was going to be delivered today, which worked out perfect, as I did diaper laundry yesterday and I'll do it again tomorrow.

The delivery guy came and installed the dryer and tested it and it didn't work! He assures me that he'll call the service people, and that they'd come out today or tomorrow at the latest. And then he takes away my working dryer for recycling.

4pm rolls around, and I haven't gotten a call from the service center to schedule a time to fix the dryer. So my husband calls up and they say that they have no record of the delivery guy calling and that we should call the national number. I call the national number and they can't come until NEXT TUESDAY to fix the dryer.

I have pail full of dirty diapers I need to wash tomorrow. Service won't come out until Tuesday, and who's to say that they'll even be able to fix it? The delivery guy said that they may replace the dryer instead of fixing it. How much longer will I have to wait if they decide to replace it?

It takes forever to line dry stuff inside our house (more than a day), it's too cold to line dry outside (and the weather is supposed to be crappy the rest of the week). I don't have enough diapers that fit my guy to last him until the dirty ones can be washed and dried on the drying rack inside (I can go 2.5 days if I stretch it out, but not 3-4 days). I could trifold his infant prefolds, but then he'd get poop on all his covers (almost every diaper is a poopy diaper it seems).

Maybe I'll just sit him naked in the bathtub until Tuesday.

October 31st, 2007, 03:45 PM
SassyGirl25's Avatar Mommy to 5
that sucks. I would call the delivery place and file a complaint about the guy. He made promises and this should be taken care of. They gave you a broken dryer... I would raise hell. Good Luck to you

October 31st, 2007, 11:22 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Aw, I'm sorry Maybe if you complain the company will reimburse you for laundromat...

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

November 1st, 2007, 05:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Aw, I'm sorry Maybe if you complain the company will reimburse you for laundromat...[/b]
That's what I'm planning on doing. My husband bought some disposables last night. But my baby spits up a lot, and we don't have enough baby sleepers to go a week without doing laundry, so we'll have to go to a laundromat tonight or tomorrow. Not looking forward to doing that with a baby that needs to nap very suddenly (he'll be fine and then suddenly will hit the breaking point and go crazy until he's put in his crib).
November 1st, 2007, 05:46 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
Myself I would have refused the delivery.

Keep receipts of what you spend at the laundromat and insist you get reimbursed.

I think that's just awful.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

November 1st, 2007, 12:03 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Myself I would have refused the delivery.

Keep receipts of what you spend at the laundromat and insist you get reimbursed.

I think that's just awful.[/b]
Ditto to this... I would have refused delivery and called the place you bought it from to send you another one. I used to hate going to the laundromat too. *HUGS* I hope this gets resolved fast.

November 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is rather odd. If it's broken, most places just have you refuse delivery because it's broken and they bring you a new one. That's what happened with my new dining room table. One side was all bashed and the delivery guy saw it after he got it out of the box before bringing it inside and had me just sign that I refused due to that.

picture does not represent current ages

November 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a call this morning before the store opened saying that the service man might be able to come today, and that he'd call before coming. So I decided to put off calling to complain. 4pm rolls around and I hadn't gotten a call yet from the service guy. But then of course he shows up while I'm breastfeeding.

So he's looking at it right now. He thinks it may be the motor, but he's got one in his truck, so hopefully it'll get fixed!

I have no idea why it didn't occur to me to refuse delivery. Maybe because the delivery guy said it could get fixed quickly. My old dryer worked, it just took forever, so I was anxious for a new one!

Edited to add:
So the service guy says that's it's probably the timer. Which is the one part he doesn't have. And of course it takes a week to get the part in.
So I called up the store and talked to one of the salesmen. He says that we can probably exchange it for a better model (they don't have any more of our model in stock) at no extra cost for the machine. But he was unable to say if I'd be charged delivery on that or when they'd be able to get it to me. I have to call back tomorrow morning when the head sales manager is working to find that out.

You can bet that when it comes time for a new washing machine, we won't be going back to this place.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search