BumGenius question!

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2007, 04:32 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, everyone! I'm Kristin...I've been lurking here a bit, I'm sure I'll be joining you on a more regularly-posting business once our new little girl gets here and gets into her cloth.

I do have one question already, for you BumGenius users. My mom was nice enough to start our stash of one-size dipes. I just looked at the website again though, and noticed that ours *don't* have snaps like the other one-size dipes pictured. Ours have velcro only...but the cardboard labels that come around them (holding dipe and liner together) DO say that they're one size, intended for 8-35 pounds. So I'm a little confused...are they truly one size? How does the rise 'grow' with the baby? Any ideas?

Thanks!
November 18th, 2007, 05:21 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Quote:
Hi, everyone! I'm Kristin...I've been lurking here a bit, I'm sure I'll be joining you on a more regularly-posting business once our new little girl gets here and gets into her cloth.

I do have one question already, for you BumGenius users. My mom was nice enough to start our stash of one-size dipes. I just looked at the website again though, and noticed that ours *don't* have snaps like the other one-size dipes pictured. Ours have velcro only...but the cardboard labels that come around them (holding dipe and liner together) DO say that they're one size, intended for 8-35 pounds. So I'm a little confused...are they truly one size? How does the rise 'grow' with the baby? Any ideas?

Thanks! [/b]
The only thing I can think of is maybe it's already snapped on the smallest rise setting?

Like in this photo:

It makes it hard to see that there are snaps there at all. If that's not the case, then you definitely got defective diapers - all bumGenius! one size pocket diapers should have snaps for the rise.

Hope that helps! Oh, and welcome!!

November 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Okay, I feel like a complete idiot now!! I thought I had really looked them over good...undone the velcro and examined, etc. I had them in the washer, just going through a hot water cycle to start prepping them, so I went and got one out when I read your post. Examined it again...nope, no snaps. Oh, but wait...FINALLY "found" them hiding under the velcro. So okay, mine are right after all - three rows of snaps! Thank you sooooo much, I was starting to stress over having the wrong dipes.
November 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Quote:
Okay, I feel like a complete idiot now!! I thought I had really looked them over good...undone the velcro and examined, etc. I had them in the washer, just going through a hot water cycle to start prepping them, so I went and got one out when I read your post. Examined it again...nope, no snaps. Oh, but wait...FINALLY "found" them hiding under the velcro. So okay, mine are right after all - three rows of snaps! Thank you sooooo much, I was starting to stress over having the wrong dipes. [/b]
YAY!

I only was able to guess at this because I did the exact same thing myself!

November 18th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you planing on using the BG one size right from the start? How may did you get?

I oly ask because I was told they dont really fit the newborn size. I have 7 coming but wont use them until he is a bit bigger AND not pooping 5 times a day. Plus the mecoium stains and these diapers are too expensive to ruin so early! I want them to last.

I am plaing on doing prefold, fitteds and covers for the first 3 months or so. If you dont want to invest in prefolds and covers, although they are really cheap (get like 2 dozen newborn prefolds and 4 covers for about $60 and you are good to go) then maybe you might want to use sposies at least during the mecoium stage and until the BG fits nice and snug. You sure dot want runny poop ruining all yours/his clothes and sheets!

Of course, I dont know, I'm just offering the advice I've been give myself!

</div>
November 19th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Oh, definitely not using these from the *very* beginning! No meconium on my pretty new dipes! I have Pampers Swaddlers left over from when my first DD was a newborn that we'll use at first, and then some NB and size 1 sposies to start with, or to use when we're out of the house, etc. for the first little bit. Also have prefolds and covers to use while she's tiny, and a few other kinds of AIOs, until the BG's fit well.

I'm hoping they'll fit her pretty soon though, since they're supposed to start at 8 lbs, and I'm sure she'll be at least that big at birth. Rachael was 8 lbs, 5 ozs and I can't imagine Amelia will be much smaller!
November 19th, 2007, 07:51 AM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Okay, I feel like a complete idiot now!! I thought I had really looked them over good...undone the velcro and examined, etc. I had them in the washer, just going through a hot water cycle to start prepping them, so I went and got one out when I read your post. Examined it again...nope, no snaps. Oh, but wait...FINALLY "found" them hiding under the velcro. So okay, mine are right after all - three rows of snaps! Thank you sooooo much, I was starting to stress over having the wrong dipes. [/b]
I didn't see them the entire first week I was playing around with them (before Ian was born). So don't feel bad

Lisa... On the pooping 5 times/day thing. My DS is 9mo, and that's pretty routine here even still. If you're planning on breastfeeding, the poop is water soluable, so you don't have to worry about it getting on the dipes (after meconium that is), until you start solids. Once you're in solids, I highly recommend Imse Vimse rice paper liners

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search