Blah...baby is a boy

Forum: Due Date Club of July 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree38Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of July 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2014, 08:43 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by colette20 View Post
I want a boy!! Team blues vibes demanded over here.... lol.

I think most women want daughters the way men want sons... we're usually more diplomatic about it outwardly ("I dont care as long as it's healthy....") but we all are totally leaning one way or another... lol
Hahahaha me and DH are the exact opposite. I want a boy this time to even things out, though I'm happy either way honestly. I'll be thrilled with either. But every single time he's wanted a girl. He's hell bent on this one being another girl. I'm not sure honestly. I usually have a feeling either way but this time I just can't figure it out lol.

January 17th, 2014, 03:36 AM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
OP, I hope you are able to get away from your gender disappointment.

Personally, I do not care either way. This is my first and since I was trying for a while I'm just happy to be pregnant.
MamaT3blessings and ZeeWP like this.

January 17th, 2014, 06:04 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaT3blessings View Post
Why does no one want boys?? lol. They're awesome!!! Silly, dirty, loud little bundles of fun!! They are cheaper too It's funny that for the most part, gender disappointment is always with boys!
I do eventually. I just want my first to be a girl. I'm all for all the ribbons and bows and dresses and HAIR...definitely the hair. LOL Plus, I look forward to recitals and cheerleading and sleepovers, etc. All the stuff I never got to do as a little girl. I guess me wanting a girl so bad is so I can "correct" (so to speak) the childhood I never got because my mom was mean and surly and didn't want me to begin with simply because of who my father was.

I would rather have the boy 2nd. I don't look forward to cold football games and muddy floors/shoes and clothes, fights, ripped up clothes, pet worms, etc. Plus I see boys as a bit hardheaded. I have a younger brother, 10 years younger than me. He was a handful growing up. Not ready to go thru that all over again. LOL

After my 2nd baby, I will not be having anymore children.

My baby boy!

January 17th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaT3blessings View Post
Why does no one want boys?? lol. They're awesome!!! Silly, dirty, loud little bundles of fun!! They are cheaper too It's funny that for the most part, gender disappointment is always with boys!
I want a boy! The reason I wanted a girl for my first baby so bad was that I felt I could relate to her better, since I'm a girl myself, and know how to play with her better than I'd know with a boy. It would just be an easier start to Mommyhood. (plus all the cute girly-clothes of course )
mstee511 likes this.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
January 17th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I so, so desperately want this baby to be a girl. Ugh. I feel like it's probably a boy. I will be ok with it, because I wanted Lincoln to be a girl too and seriously he is the sweetest, most loving, funniest little person I have ever met in my life. I adore him SO MUCH. So, I know I would be ok with another boy, but having a girl is such a sweet and precious thing to me and I just really want one more girl. I want my daughter to have a sister too. Part of me is dreading finding out because I feel like it's going to be a boy.

January 17th, 2014, 06:30 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL I find this all so funny how varied we are on our opinions on this.
I don't want ANY girls, yeah they are fun as babies but they become teenagers, and I'll opt out of having a girl going through puberty in my house if possible! Life is also so much more difficult as a woman, personally and professionally, things are changing but there is still so much gender bias against women, I just don't wish that on my child. On the other side of it, there are so few good male role models these days, and I like thinking I have the opportunity to raise a GOOD man that will make a positive difference.
VallyD likes this.

January 17th, 2014, 07:10 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea23 View Post
Personally, I do not care either way. This is my first and since I was trying for a while I'm just happy to be pregnant.
Same here. We were trying for so long, I'm just glad it's a baby. And I want one or the other for differing reasons. Our family is full of girls, so a boy would be a nice new thing. But at the same time, I know girls and I am comfortable with girls. Boys... will take some getting used to. So either way, I'm happy.

I'm sure if this was child number 4 and I had all girls or all boys, I would be disappointed if it wasn't something different.

January 17th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
MIL keeps referring to this baby as "your son" so if it's not a boy at least I get the satisfaction of her being wrong. She does stuff like that and drives me insane.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 17th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Timica - you would have hated me as a girl then! I was a cheerleader (that cheered at the cold football games) and did bows and ribbons but I also had pet snakes, I was dirty ALL. THE. TIME. I grew up on the farm so I didn't track mud in the house I tracked pig manure through the house. I was the biggest tomboy ever. Lol everybody is different. Boy or girl.

I'm just happy to be pregnant. I couldn't care less what my beautiful baby is gender wise as long as I raise them to be a good and decent human being.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 17th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just gonna say this, This is our last baby, but if this is another girl Hubby is NOT getting snipped. and that's just the truth
Its ok to mourn the loss of what will not be. But there is always support love and a reason to do it all over again!
AlanaIris, VallyD and Missymoos like this.

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

January 17th, 2014, 07:49 AM
chihuahuaesque's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin.Berg View Post
Timica - you would have hated me as a girl then! I was a cheerleader (that cheered at the cold football games) and did bows and ribbons but I also had pet snakes, I was dirty ALL. THE. TIME. I grew up on the farm so I didn't track mud in the house I tracked pig manure through the house. I was the biggest tomboy ever. Lol everybody is different. Boy or girl.

I'm just happy to be pregnant. I couldn't care less what my beautiful baby is gender wise as long as I raise them to be a good and decent human being.
Same here! I've always loved dresses and bows, but I've also been a tomboy since I can remember! I used to love catching frogs, fishing, climbing trees, video games, and most of my friends have always been boys. I never liked dolls, and instead of an Easy Bake Oven I had a Creepy Crawler machine

Hubby and I wanted a boy, but we're happy to have a girl as well. Puberty and drama scare me, but I look back on my teenage years and it wasn't so bad. It really depends on the child rather than the gender.
Lav, VallyD and Erin.Berg like this.

January 17th, 2014, 08:04 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin.Berg View Post

Erin...I wouldn't have hated you. But you would have drove me NUTS!! LOL Living on a farm is a perfect excuse though to be a tomboy.

I mean I was a girly girl for the most part. I did climb trees and play with caterpillars (only because they were soft and furry and it was the only crawly thing I wasn't afraid of. LOL)
Erin.Berg likes this.

My baby boy!

January 17th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have any desires for either sex for my first two kids. But after two boys, I desperately wanted a girl. And after 3 boys, well, even more now! Lol.
I definitely have the same feelings, Holly. This is our last, but if this is boy #4...DH will most definitely not be getting snipped. Juuuuuust in case he changes his mind. Lol.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
January 17th, 2014, 09:48 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My last three babies were boys...I just wanted some pink and frilly.....hair bows and princess parties and sweet baby girl clothes and baby dolls. My daughter is 11 and she is growing out of the "little" girl stage - makes me sad. I love going to her dance recitals and watching her cheer!!

I asked my husband how he feels about lucky number 7 (this is our 5th, his 6th)....he didn't say no....didn't say yes....

Though....I'd absolutely lose my mind if it was a 5th boy.
laleighpop, ZeeWP and casslou1 like this.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 17th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Brandi0099's Avatar Veteran
Im sorry you didnt get your little girl. I know how you feel. I felt the same way about DD. I literally cried on the way down the elevator after I found out we were not having a boy. It took a few weeks for me to get over it, but after she was born she was perfect. I wouldn't change her for the world. so dont feel bad for feeling this way. Its normal :hugs:
January 17th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by colette20 View Post
I want a boy!! Team blues vibes demanded over here.... lol.

I think most women want daughters the way men want sons... we're usually more diplomatic about it outwardly ("I dont care as long as it's healthy....") but we all are totally leaning one way or another... lol
Totally true! We found out we're having a girl and I was disappointed for my DH's sake but was secretly quite happy...I really am just happy that everything looks healthy and on track with GingerBean, and I would have probably (?) been just as happy to have a boy - but yeah, totally tickled that I get my little girl

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
January 21st, 2014, 01:49 PM
I share my disappointment with you I just found out yesterday that I'm having my 3rd boy. We so wanted a girl, even my youngest son wanted a sister. Yesterday when I found out I was fine, but today I started to look online for baby boy crib bedding sets, and all the pinks started showing up and I just lost it, I had to cry. I found out the gender through the Panorama blood test, but on Saturday I have an ultrasound scheduled so deep inside I'm kind of hoping that the test results were wrong (highly unlikely).

I love my boys and I have wonderful boys, but really really wanted a girl to be our last baby.

Hugs to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhiettaP View Post
I'm so disappointed. This is my last baby and I really wanted a girl. I just have to remember that God's plan is not the same as my plan.

I don't even have any boys names that I like.....like seriously NONE. If I knew that this baby was going to be a boy, I never would have gotten pregnant again - I know that is ugly to say...but right now...it's how I feel.
I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday I found out I'm having my 3rd boy as well. When I received the news I was OK with it, but today I was looking online for boy stuff and all the pink started showing up and I just broke down. I love my 2 boys and they are wonderful but I really really wanted a girl now for my last baby.

Hugs!!!
January 21st, 2014, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
I want all boys!!! I have never wanted girls and honestly pray they all come out boys! I would be ok with a girl since we tried for a year and a half just to get pregnant and its not like we could change her gender lol but I would probably be a bit disappointed.

3/28/13- 6 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search