Blah...baby is a boy

Forum: Due Date Club of July 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree38Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of July 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2014, 10:09 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so disappointed. This is my last baby and I really wanted a girl. I just have to remember that God's plan is not the same as my plan.

I don't even have any boys names that I like.....like seriously NONE. If I knew that this baby was going to be a boy, I never would have gotten pregnant again - I know that is ugly to say...but right now...it's how I feel.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 16th, 2014, 10:21 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're disappointed...

It's perfectly ok to feel how you feel right now. Someday you will have a hard time imagining life without him, an this is just how the emotionally journey starts sometimes...

I won't lie... if this LO is a girl, I will probably feel pretty crappy about it too for a while. Doesn't mean I'll love her any less in the long run... but its ok to not feel over the moon elated all the time as a mom, and we shouldn't have to feel guilty about that.

January 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If this one turns out to be a boy, I will be posting probably the exact same thing. My entire family/friends are also calling it "her" and husband keeps referring to it with our girl name and its going to be really really ****** if they are all wrong. It's fine to feel this way, I felt like this with my first. In time you will grow into it but now you are allowed to be disappointed. *Hugs*
mstee511 likes this.
January 16th, 2014, 11:03 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
:::hugs::: You are allowed to be disappointed. I can understand that feeling. Anyone who says otherwise should get smacked. You can't control how you feel, just your actions.

January 16th, 2014, 11:08 AM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're disappointed. I hope that as your pregnancy progresses and you get to know you little boy more, that you will feel better. *hugs*
~Cassie~ Due with baby #3

January 16th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you aren't having a girl as you had hoped. It is hard to accept things we have no control over. I know you will come to love your little guy.
January 16th, 2014, 11:34 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know once he's here, I won't be able to imagine life with out him...I was just so set on a girl (like I had some sort of choice....).

Wonder what will my husband will say if I don't get my tubes tied
VallyD, Spottts, Missymoos and 3 others like this.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 16th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is our last baby probably and I know I am going to deal with some disappointment if we never get our boy.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 16th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Super Mommy
I am sorry that you are disappointed. When my cousin found out that she was having a boy she felt the same way that you feel right now, she also said that if she would've known then she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. She said it took a little for that feeling to go away, and once he was born she couldn't imagine her life without him.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
January 16th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for the disappointment. Makes sense that you aren't too happy since it is the last baby. *hugs*

January 16th, 2014, 12:45 PM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
I know I will be just as disappointed if I go tomorrow and find out I'm having a boy. Of course BF will be super stoked. But I will not be a happy camper.

There is a such thing as Gender Disappointment though, so don't worry, its ok. I'm sure in time it will pass.

My baby boy!

January 16th, 2014, 01:59 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
just lurking around but I wanted to comment on how you are feeling! First of all gender disappointment is a real thing and you shouldn't feel bad for the way you are feeling right now. I have a boy and a girl and I was going to wait until birth to find out the gender of our 3rd baby but I knew if I did that I would have gender disappointment if it was a boy because I really wanted another girl! So at 16 weeks I made an appointment to find out the gender and found out that I was having another boy! I must admit I was surprised because I thought I was having a girl based on my symptoms and heart rate. So when I saw boy parts I was kind of disappointed. I was with my older kids and when I got to the car I cried and I felt guilty for feeing the way I did. It took me a few days to really come to terms with having another boy and I started thinking of all the exciting things like keeping my sons clothing and toys and my boys being good buddies and sharing a room, because my daughter wanted her own princess room she was happy. I stopped looking at girly clothes and just accepted that fact that I would have another boy and that he was healthy and that was all that mattered. Fast forward to now he is 5 months old and I just love my little guy soo much and don't ever wish that he was a girl ok sorry that was a little long...
I hope with time you are able to accept that you will have another boy and that your daughter will be the princess!
Missymoos and Brandi0099 like this.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
January 16th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally know how you feel. With my youngest, we were told he was a girl at 18wks only to find out he was a boy 2.5wks later. We had a name and lots of girl clothes in that 2.5wks and I was so sad for a couple weeks afterwards. I cried and cried and even said I didn't want another boy. It's totally okay to feel like that. But once he was born, I couldn't imagine not having 3 boys. I'm sure you'll feel the same about your little guy.
I will be a little disappointed if this one ends up being a boy as well, because I won't ever get a girl then since this is our last baby. That is one of the reasons we are team green this time. I think it'd be a lot harder to be sad with a cute new baby in my arms. =)

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
January 16th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I had gender disappointment with my second so bad.. it actually lasted til after he was born. When I had my third I was a little sad but happy too cuz I knew he would be a sweet boy and he is the best baby ever and is the only one that looks just like me. At least u get to experience raising one girl I'm thinking this next one is a boy again but ah well. I just keep my throne lol

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 16th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's totally okay to feel the way you do. I have not had this disappointment yet, but I felt something similar: such a relief when I found out my first baby was going to be a girl---the girl I'd always wanted! Now we're hoping for a boy, but we feel that it's okay if it turns out to be another girl. We're staying team green though for as long as I can take the suspense.

Hugs to you. Don't feel guilty about how you feel. You'll love him so much, you'll see.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
January 16th, 2014, 06:50 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
Why does no one want boys?? lol. They're awesome!!! Silly, dirty, loud little bundles of fun!! They are cheaper too It's funny that for the most part, gender disappointment is always with boys!
MindyRambo and Sweet_Mama like this.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 16th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaT3blessings View Post
Why does no one want boys?? lol. They're awesome!!! Silly, dirty, loud little bundles of fun!! They are cheaper too It's funny that for the most part, gender disappointment is always with boys!
I want a boy!! Team blues vibes demanded over here.... lol.

I think most women want daughters the way men want sons... we're usually more diplomatic about it outwardly ("I dont care as long as it's healthy....") but we all are totally leaning one way or another... lol
VallyD likes this.

January 16th, 2014, 08:24 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by colette20 View Post
I want a boy!! Team blues vibes demanded over here.... lol.

I think most women want daughters the way men want sons... we're usually more diplomatic about it outwardly ("I dont care as long as it's healthy....") but we all are totally leaning one way or another... lol

I know! DH would be perfectly content if we had all boys, lol.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 16th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I want one!

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 16th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Quote:
I know! DH would be perfectly content if we had all boys, lol.
Im with him!! I would LOVE having all boys!!

We do seem to have a lot of team pink wishers though I've noticed.... So you all take my team pink vibes, I'll take all your blues!
laleighpop likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search