Road trip-ot

Forum: Due Date Club of July 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluesstarz2
  • 1 Post By chihuahuaesque

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of July 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So before this baby arives, I wanna take a road trip. I love driving and I loved it when I was little. And I wanna make it special for my daughter, something for her before her whole life changes. So I want some help. I'm looking at probably April, so ill be pretty pregnant. I'm thinking North Carolina, there is the great wolf lodge which is an indoor water park and about 9 hrs drive. Anyone else have other ideas? Something aimed toward a 6 year old?
razzledobe likes this.

January 19th, 2014, 11:38 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like an awesome trip for a six year old. I love North Carolina, I would recommend Asheville because I love it there but I have not taken my son there yet so I don't know what they have for that age range.

January 19th, 2014, 01:07 PM
chihuahuaesque's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesstarz2 View Post
So before this baby arives, I wanna take a road trip. I love driving and I loved it when I was little. And I wanna make it special for my daughter, something for her before her whole life changes. So I want some help. I'm looking at probably April, so ill be pretty pregnant. I'm thinking North Carolina, there is the great wolf lodge which is an indoor water park and about 9 hrs drive. Anyone else have other ideas? Something aimed toward a 6 year old?
Hubby was on a business trip in NC a few weeks ago and was staying a few miles from the Great Wolf Lodge. He drove down there to check it out and said it was amazing. I want to go there once our child is old enough to enjoy it (but who am I kidding- I'm totally going to be going down those slides as well!).

I love road trips as well, and NC in April will be really nice!

I like Gatlinburg as well- we've spent a few Christmases up there in cabins and had a good time. April would be good for hiking and there are some awesome places your daughter would enjoy- Cade's Cove in the morning is pretty much guaranteed deer viewing, there are easy waterfall hikes, horseback riding, etc.

Where do you live? What is your limit of driving time? I've been on road trips up and down the east coast and there are so many good options!
Bluesstarz2 likes this.

Mom to Nora, due July 5th!

January 19th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Were in central florida, i just don't want to be in the car for over a day. So anything in that range would be ok. And I'll have to look up Cade's Cove, sounds pretty.

January 19th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesstarz2 View Post
Were in central florida, i just don't want to be in the car for over a day. So anything in that range would be ok. And I'll have to look up Cade's Cove, sounds pretty.
That's so funny- we're in Central Florida as well! Where abouts?

January 19th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey cool, Floridians. We're down a little south of you guys, down between Sarasota and Ft. Myers.

I love road trips too. We're planning a trip to SC sometime this spring to stay with hubby's aunt at her vacation house. Then we'll make the trek up to KY when this baby is about 3 months old (my family lives there).

January 19th, 2014, 05:15 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
How about some of the water parks in Orlando? Is that too close to Lakeland?

Another sweet little boy
January 19th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuaesque View Post
That's so funny- we're in Central Florida as well! Where abouts?
Outside the Tampa area and you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzledobe View Post
How about some of the water parks in Orlando? Is that too close to Lakeland?
Thats only about an hour drive for us, so pretty close. Its an idea though.

January 21st, 2014, 04:07 PM
Aww, I was hoping you were closer! I'm just west of Orlando, and a little over an hour from Tampa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search