Facebook

Forum: Due Date Club of July 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of July 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2014, 05:09 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
For those who don't think JM is as mobile, do you have forum runner? It's an app that makes it so much easier to access the forums on your phone. Only thing I miss is seeing everyone's siggies.

January 21st, 2014, 05:21 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
i prefer the forum at least until the babies are born... i think we'd feel like we knew one another better and felt more comfortable with divulging more personal info that is avail on FB etc..,.
January 21st, 2014, 05:34 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Another plus to waiting:

I seriously am just now getting everyone's usernames/names straight. I don't want to figure out who you are again on FB so soon LMAO!!!!!
ZeeWP likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 21st, 2014, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy.Mama View Post
Another plus to waiting:

I seriously am just now getting everyone's usernames/names straight. I don't want to figure out who you are again on FB so soon LMAO!!!!!
Yeeeeeeah there's that

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 22nd, 2014, 07:38 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
lol I just wanted everyone's input, I def see that it may be a better idea to wait til babies are born but glad to know everyone is cool with also joining a fb group at some point
ZeeWP likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 07:59 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
I agree with after babies

January 22nd, 2014, 09:01 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am happy here.
January 22nd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I like siggies.

You know... just in case no one has noticed me changing mine like 5x already since being in this DDC
ZeeWP likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2014, 10:44 AM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
I guess i'm in my own boat with this but I think facebook is WAY better than this forum personally.

Me and my other DDC never really got to know each other very well until we joined facebook. We made a facebook group pretty early in the pregnancy and we are VERY close. It didn't kill the board. Many of us continued to post on the boards as well, although I'd say right around when the babies were 9 months old the board slowed down and now no one posts on there. But we kept it up for a while.

I amy be on my own with my opinion but I guess its because I am in this group for support/advice/help/friendship and I think that is way easier to receive in a facebook group. It is so hard to get to know people through here. A conversation may take 3 days on here, but on facebook it would take 3 minutes.

I personally don't like sharing photos or personal information on here because its a public forum. EVERYONE and ANYONE can view what we are posting. I share what I feel comfortable with the entire internet knowing. Personal things I won't feel comfortable talking about until we make a private facebook group.

I will still stay here regardless and I"d love to join a facebook group whenever you guys create it...but if it were up to me it would have already been created, lol.

Another random thought, my friend used to be in a DDC on pregnancy weekly 10 years old. They stayed on that board forEVER, and then finally made a facebook group when the kids were like 6. My friend said she never really felt close with them until they made the facebook group.

It's private and the ONLY people who will see ours posts is us. So I don't really see the negatives in making one. I think it makes perfect sense.

Okay, that is all I definitely support whatever you guys choose and understand that I'm the only one that wants to make one now, but I will stay here and join one after the babies are born as well. Just thought I'd share my opinion
razorbackmom likes this.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 22nd, 2014, 11:33 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with after babies, moving to fb.

Once we got a hide away in my last DDC, some of us did offer up our FB info for friend requests if we so desired.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 05:20 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
I'm good with either. I think I'd end up checking both either way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search