OMG the stuff!

Forum: Due Date Club of July 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By laleighpop
  • 1 Post By VallyD
  • 1 Post By Erin.Berg

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of July 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2014, 05:53 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK so I thought my friend had some clothes for me.... WHOA NELLY!!!
We should have driven my husbands truck to Houston because we could barely fit just the maternity clothes in my car and still leave room for the dog.
I got a box, plastic bin, and trash bag of maternity clothes. A HUGE huggies box of infant clothes, a smaller huggies box packed with towels, and receiving blankets. A tummy time mat, breast feeding cover, changing pad on the go thing that folds up for the diaper bag in case they don't have a changing station wherever you are, changing station liners. I ran out of room before I could pack the bath tub, baby trend car seat (same one we registered for) with 2 bases, probably what will be several boxes of toys for the 1st year, the swing, bouncer and a closet stacked to the ceiling with boxes FULL of clothes for the 1st 18months.
I was like HOLY SCHNIKES!!! There is nothing left for my registry but breast pump supplies, feeding chair, furniture and a stroller!!!
We are trying to plan another trip for me either to go there or her to come here and bring the rest of it. There will be NO room left in the TV room, which is rapidly turning into the nursery storage area.
I will have to sort through everything later this week and take pics but I really don't know what the point is until I have a dresser to put it in and move that 60" TV into the guest room. The TV is so big we took the doors off the closet and backed it in... most of it still sticks out but thankfully the darn thing has wheels to roll it into the guest room lol.
Another bit of progress on the baby shower topic is my cousins have already worked it out with my aunt to host the shower at her house, especially since they have such a huge kitchen with dual ovens to do any cooking and just put in this giant patio area with plenty of outdoor seating. So I am not having to worry about that so much now, which is a relief! But OMG... the baby things have definitely taken over!!!

Last edited by laleighpop; February 24th, 2014 at 05:56 AM.
February 24th, 2014, 06:59 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You hit the jackpot ma'am! That is awesome!
laleighpop likes this.

February 24th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Super jackpot!! That is so awesome of her to let her things go like that.

I'm waiting for my SIL to start forking stuff over. She's done having babies but she had 4 in the span of 4 years and I know she has a TON of stuff she is dying to get rid of. We're not the same size maternity for maternity clothes, she's quite a bit shorter than me, but I have a feeling I won't need to do much shopping for baby clothes
laleighpop likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 24th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Veteran
Wow, that is incredible! I had 2 trash bags from friends (one maternity, one newborn) and the maternity was on load. It has been crazy to have to buy all my maternity clothes now. Luckily I shop sales, because otherwise this would get expensive. So awesome you struck gold!
February 24th, 2014, 09:10 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Man that sounds awesome!

February 24th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome!!! It's great to be handed down things!

Glad the baby shower plans are going well, too.
February 24th, 2014, 05:57 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome !!

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

February 25th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is pretty epic. Congrats on your haul.

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search