No idea...

Forum: Due Date Club of July 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of July 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2014, 07:45 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
On what kind of wipes to get! Any suggestions on how to buy or what disposable wipes to get?

June 4th, 2014, 08:14 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
I was thinking the Pampers brand wipes for sensitive skin. I plan to buy everything for sensitive skin. LOL Pampers, wipes, lotion, etc.
ZeeWP likes this.

My baby boy!

June 4th, 2014, 08:20 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started with Pampers Sensitive BUT!!!! I found that I much prefer Huggies wipes, they are a lot thicker and kind of quilted, I swear by them. They have a natural type also.
June 4th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I registered for a smorgsaboard of wipes and diapers not knowing what will work best for baby. Friends swear by both target brand (up & up) and babies r us brand diapers. I think I have huggies, pampers, up & up, and one other kind of wipes from my shower. I did stick to non-scented, sensitive skin, wipes for all brands though.
ZeeWP likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 4th, 2014, 08:29 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have always used the huggies brand because they are super thick. Personally I prefer the cucumber and green tea scent
ZeeWP likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Veteran
I like the Huggies naturals....nice and thick and very gentle! When we are at home, we use cloth wipes from Grovia with just a little water.....they work about 10,000 times better than disposables!
ZeeWP likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We use huggies or parents choice.
ZeeWP likes this.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

June 4th, 2014, 09:20 AM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
I am telling people that if they buy wipes to go for the ones for sensitive skin.
Spottts and ZeeWP like this.

June 4th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the Huggins brand but I haven't gotten any yet.
Spottts and ZeeWP like this.

June 4th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My favorite is Honest Co. wipes. But, they are pricey and I think you can only get them online, though I did see that Target is starting to carry some of their products. If not, we use up and up or pampers.
ZeeWP likes this.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
June 4th, 2014, 10:09 AM
chihuahuaesque's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom bought us a couple of packages of Huggies for sensitive skin. I plan on using those.

I also bought some cloth wipes since I'll be cloth diapering, but I'm not sure if I'll use them exclusively.
ZeeWP likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Huggies naturals or parents choice
Spottts, ZeeWP and casslou1 like this.

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

June 4th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Tunics I had originally registered for pampers, but a lot people tell me "pqmpers diapers, huggies wipes" LOL Hence, the post.

I also will be getting clean and fresh or sensitive of whatever brand of wipes. I think I may go huggies.

Diapers I do plan to buy a few different kinds for size 1 and see which ones I like. Huggies, pampers, luvs, seventh generation.... I think I may open then all and do some kind of randomization to experiment which ones we like. yes.... I am a nerd. I can just picture DH's face when I tell him.

Nb size I will probably just stick with pampers swaddlers since hospital uses that and it simplifies those early weeks.
Spottts likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always used Pampers. When I started with diapers (14 years ago....oh my gosh!!!) the Huggies were a bit dry. I'm sure they have changed since then but I've always stayed with Pampers because they worked well for us.
ZeeWP likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 01:04 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
count me in as pampers diapers and huggies wipes. I found the pampers wipes to be too thin and slippery to tell you the truth. Not at all what you want when trying to quickly remove a poopsplosion. Huggies wipes are much thicker and sturdier and so you use less IMO...
Small packs are super cheap so definitely try a few out to see what works for you :-)
Spottts, ZeeWP and casslou1 like this.
June 4th, 2014, 01:33 PM
CanadianMom2B's Avatar Super Mommy
I definitely heard huggies are thicker. I haven't bought any yet and told people who ask for the shower I need them and preferably sensitive skin. This way if they all get different types of wipes I can try out all different ones and see what works for us. I have been told though to ask for boogiewipes which are saline wipes for baby's face because they work like magic on boogies and dirty faces much better than diaper wipes
ZeeWP likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Brandi0099's Avatar Veteran
I use Pampers sensitive wipes until the baby is about 2-3 months old then I switch to Huggies green tea and cucumber scent wipes. Both are great wipes so I would recommend either one. As for diapers I always use Pampers swaddlers
ZeeWP likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 02:55 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
Boogie wipes are DA BOMB!! wipes are way too harsh for baby faces (wish I would have known that sooner haah) but it's not like your baby will implode if you need to use a wipe on his/her face.

I do a lot of my shopping on amazon.com and they have a decent subscribe and save program for dipes/wipes (even boogie wipes) I found couldnt be beat at costco or even walmart.
ZeeWP likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzledobe View Post
Boogie wipes are DA BOMB!! wipes are way too harsh for baby faces (wish I would have known that sooner haah) but it's not like your baby will implode if you need to use a wipe on his/her face.

I do a lot of my shopping on amazon.com and they have a decent subscribe and save program for dipes/wipes (even boogie wipes) I found couldnt be beat at costco or even walmart.
I can't find any coupon/store deal that beats Amazon's subscribe and save program, especially since you can quit at anytime you want. The only thing is... does it give enough diapers, wipes, etc.? I hope so!

June 4th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I buy a couple different brands at first. My girls are sensitive and not sure how this one will be.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search