Team Green

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 2 Post By MissErica
  • 1 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 1 Post By MissErica
  • 1 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 1 Post By Valley83

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I've noticed a lot of team green ladies here

What caused you to make your decision to not find out?

My reason:
With #1 everything was new, so I wanted to find out.
With #2 I was having a first homebirth, so that was new for me so I found out.
With #3 I'm having another homebirth, so the only "new" thing I can do is NOT find out

Also, pushing is the hardest (mentally) stage for me, so if I don't find out that'll give me much more motivation to push baby out!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 13th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We found out with both our girls. Last time I didn't really want to but DH pushed and I gave in. I told him that the next time we are absolutely going to be team green and it was my time to choose!
I think ultimately the decision this time is because it's probably our last baby. Also I am going for my first unmedicated birth and I feel like having that extra awesome surprise at the end will help me push through it.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
November 13th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachoochoo2 View Post
We found out with both our girls. Last time I didn't really want to but DH pushed and I gave in. I told him that the next time we are absolutely going to be team green and it was my time to choose!
I think ultimately the decision this time is because it's probably our last baby. Also I am going for my first unmedicated birth and I feel like having that extra awesome surprise at the end will help me push through it.
Completely understand!! Sounds like we're kinda in the same boat

What kind of birthing process are you using? I'm re-reading my Bradley book, I love this book. It's great for all preggos whether planning hospital/home or med/nonmedicated... it's amazing and makes me feel SO empowered!!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 13th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're 99% sure we are team green. We found out with our son (he was born at 20 weeks, still) and I just want to try it the other way now. I was SO anxious to find out last time, I couldn't stand it. And now I don't care, I just want a healthy baby.. so I think it will be easier for us not to cave and find out. Plus, I just think a surprise in the end is the coolest thing ever.
Earthy.Mama and Runzbarrel like this.
November 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First baby so I don't really have a preference. I think I want to be surprised BUT let's get serious.. I'm dying of curiosity already! We'll see if I can make it through the whole pregnancy without finding out

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 13th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Veteran
With my DD I found out. With our DS we waited until the shower to find out. Only my BFF knew. Well I knew but that's because I'm really good at looking at US. I was high risk so I go an US every month. I was bound to see it lol With this one I'm not sure what we will do. DH will probably want it to be a surprise but I want to find out. If it's a girl I will be upset (sorry I know that's awful but I don't want another girl) and I would want time to make peace with that instead of finding out at the birth.
November 13th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We found out with all 3 of my boys. We're doing team green this time mostly because with our youngest we had an elective u/s at 18wks to find out gender and they told us he was a girl only for me to find out at my normal 20wk u/s that he was not. So, even if we did find out this time, if it is a girl, I'm not sure I'd ever believe it. And I just think that surprise at birth will be awesome! It took me a while to convince DH to not find out, but he's on board now. It will be difficult when that 20wk u/s rolls around, but I'm going to stick to it!

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
November 13th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful Serenity View Post
Completely understand!! Sounds like we're kinda in the same boat

What kind of birthing process are you using? I'm re-reading my Bradley book, I love this book. It's great for all preggos whether planning hospital/home or med/nonmedicated... it's amazing and makes me feel SO empowered!!
I ask planning on taking the Bradley classes.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

November 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanaIris View Post
We found out with all 3 of my boys. We're doing team green this time mostly because with our youngest we had an elective u/s at 18wks to find out gender and they told us he was a girl only for me to find out at my normal 20wk u/s that he was not. So, even if we did find out this time, if it is a girl, I'm not sure I'd ever believe it. And I just think that surprise at birth will be awesome! It took me a while to convince DH to not find out, but he's on board now. It will be difficult when that 20wk u/s rolls around, but I'm going to stick to it!
Biggest fear ever. That's one of the reasons we want to be green, too.
November 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We did an elective u/s at 16 weeks with my youngest and were told she was a boy only to find out she was a girl at 19 weeks. It didn't really upset me because we were happy either way but I probably wouldn't waste money on an elective again.

November 13th, 2013, 06:22 PM
My SIL was told at her normal scan that it was another boy and then had another u/s a week later and it was a girl!

I'd be devastated if I was told the wrong gender. I mean, it's definitely not the end of the world, but you really DO mentally prepare yourself when you think you're having a boy or a girl!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 13th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful Serenity View Post
My SIL was told at her normal scan that it was another boy and then had another u/s a week later and it was a girl!

I'd be devastated if I was told the wrong gender. I mean, it's definitely not the end of the world, but you really DO mentally prepare yourself when you think you're having a boy or a girl!
Yup, I would be upset. I don't care at all beforehand. But if I'm told a sex and expect that, I think I would be saddened to get the opposite. I'm sure it would be VERY brief sadness, but I know I'd feel it.
Earthy.Mama likes this.
November 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally unrelated but Erica I just saw a post by you on TB and recognized you from your signature.
MissErica likes this.

November 13th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachoochoo2 View Post
Totally unrelated but Erica I just saw a post by you on TB and recognized you from your signature.
haha I recognize you too!! Too funny. I've posted on both for years. Well not on the June board, but you get me
November 13th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissErica View Post
haha I recognize you too!! Too funny. I've posted on both for years. Well not on the June board, but you get me
I was on there with my last pregnancy and joined a FB spin off group and made really great friends there. Our group is still going strong!

November 13th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Super Mommy
We will be team green again this time. We like the surprise and are generally happy with either. For me it is the best surprise in the world so we will wait again.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
November 13th, 2013, 08:51 PM
I have never seen so many Team Green ladies in one DDC, awesome!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 13th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish i could be team green but i think I would be to anxious to know.

November 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
We talked about being Team Green before getting pregnant. I would really love to do it because I think it would be so exciting, but I am a planner at heart and I just can't ever be surprised about anything that I could be preparing for in advance.

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

November 14th, 2013, 10:53 AM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
I always thought I would be team green but I have serious control freak issues! I must plan plan plan! ;-) We'll find out again this time around as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search