Must have items?

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By VallyD
  • 2 Post By Alison79
  • 1 Post By lmunoz8517
  • 1 Post By arngwifey
  • 2 Post By arngwifey
  • 1 Post By Lindsay In MD

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Six in the City
What is everyone looking forward to buying the most? Any items you just NEED to have for baby?

What about those second time (or 5th time) moms? Is there anything you are itching to have this time around that you didn't last time?

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
December 5th, 2013, 07:40 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a second time mom and I gave everything away so I'm kinda in the same boat as the first time moms.

I'm excited to shop for clothes but it's probably one of the last things I need.
arngwifey likes this.
December 5th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I suspect we will buy very little this time around. We have a swing, I have two baby carriers that I love. I did give away all my newborn cloth diapers so I am looking forward to buying itty bitty prefolds and covers. We aren't finding out the sex so I will get a few gender neutral things and then go shopping once baby arrives. Thankfully summer in Texas means baby will wear just a onesie for quite a while. Oh, and we will need another car seat!
arngwifey and laleighpop like this.

December 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have my wrap, still use it on my one year old from time to time. That is the number one must have for me lol!

A good breast pump is also critical for me, I had cheap ones with the first two and breast feeding failed. I have to work during the school year so a good pump that is quick to empty me out is a must have.

Oh and something I didnt have with the first 3 but got with the 4th, the rock and play napper. I loved that thing more than bouncy seats, swings ect. Not a must have like the wrap and the pump but still high up there.
arngwifey likes this.
December 5th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Six in the City
I got rid of a lot of stuff after my 4th thinking we were done done done. So we are having to buy a few things but we have some things still.

We need a carseat and I always splurge on that. I really like the chicco infant seats and I have the Nextfit already that baby can use once I am tired of hauling the infant seat around.

I want to get a standard Tula baby carrier to have for baby, I have toddler ones for my 2 year old that I use almost every day so it's a must have!

Then some tiny cloth diapers- I gave away a ton to my cousin and need to restock so tiny prefolds and size 1 applecheeks.

I am hoping to go team green so I have plenty of neutral clothes to last us in the first few weeks until we go shopping and get the baby clothes that are gender specific.

I also want the rock and play. I had one for my daycare kiddos when I did daycare but never for my own so I look forward to buying that. We did keep the swing and that was always a must have!

I think that's about all on our must-haves/wants.
AlanaIris likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 5th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Since this is my 4th and I still have everything from my boys, I don't really need much. We are team green, so I really won't be buying much at all, unless it's a girl and that'll happen after baby's born anyway, lol. Although I have started a girly diaper collection. I figure I can always sell my NIP goodmamas without too much of a hassle. Or trade. =) I do need to buy some nb diapers since I sold the majority of ours.
My must have is something to babywear. I have a new ring sling, an ergo and a woven wrap, so I think I'm set there. I guess the only thing we'll really really need is a dresser for our LO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arngwifey View Post
Then some tiny cloth diapers- I gave away a ton to my cousin and need to restock so tiny prefolds and size 1 applecheeks.
Applecheeks! That's what we use for daytime. =) Love them!

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
December 5th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Six in the City
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanaIris View Post
Since this is my 4th and I still have everything from my boys, I don't really need much. We are team green, so I really won't be buying much at all, unless it's a girl and that'll happen after baby's born anyway, lol. Although I have started a girly diaper collection. I figure I can always sell my NIP goodmamas without too much of a hassle. Or trade. =) I do need to buy some nb diapers since I sold the majority of ours.
My must have is something to babywear. I have a new ring sling, an ergo and a woven wrap, so I think I'm set there. I guess the only thing we'll really really need is a dresser for our LO.

Applecheeks! That's what we use for daytime. =) Love them!
We just started using applecheeks within the last 6 months for my 2 year old and I love them! I wish we had started sooner. They are the only ones that don't hurt her legs with the elastic. I have a small stash growing- I have the new steel me, emerald city and joy in size 1 for baby! And a small rainbow mustache fitted diaper since this is our rainbow baby.
AlanaIris and Dishersgirl like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 5th, 2013, 08:45 AM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
I gave away SO much thinking we were one and done. I need to get a big boy bed for my little man so the little one can go into the crib/toddler bed combo. I just bought the Britax BAgile stroller that came with the infant car seat so that is done. I must must have a sling wrap, pump, and the rock and play napper I got rid of. I still have my pack n play and high chair and cloth dipes. Im not going to bother with bottles or anything until I see what the baby likes. Learned my lesson!
December 5th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Onesies
diapers/wipes
moby wrap (I have always wanted one)
Car seat/bouncer a friend is giving me....

That's all I can think of right now. We don't use a lot.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

December 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my first... so as far as must haves it would be a little of everything... but I guess I must have a carseat, diapers and some clothes to start
December 5th, 2013, 10:26 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since DS is only ten month old, we have almost everything we need, we are getting another crib from my sister. I do want a rock and play, I've seen my friends with NB use them and they seem very useful!

We plan on upgrading our baby monitors to ones with a screen, so we can see DS at night, once he's moved to his own room (crib is currently in our bedroom and will be until he's over a year)

Of course if LO is a girl, we'll need to buy girl clothes.

December 5th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Lindsay In MD's Avatar Veteran
I'm with Lea. Not only is this our first, but none of our cousins or anyone in our close family has kids at all. I think I'm most excited to buy anything that's tiny. Tiny clothes, tiny socks, tiny blanket. But I know we will probably get all the clothes she needs at a baby shower, right? Doesn't everyone buy newborn stuff?
arngwifey likes this.
December 5th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seeing as everything I have is gender neutral from my previous 2 the only thing I can see me needing as a must have for baby is probably onsies my girls ruined most of theirs and if it's a boy...a blanket to call their own and I really want a tummy mat.

Amazon.com: Bestever Baby Mat, Lamb: Baby

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

December 5th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I have pretty much everything from my last two so I think we are good to go here.

December 6th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Six in the City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay In MD View Post
I'm with Lea. Not only is this our first, but none of our cousins or anyone in our close family has kids at all. I think I'm most excited to buy anything that's tiny. Tiny clothes, tiny socks, tiny blanket. But I know we will probably get all the clothes she needs at a baby shower, right? Doesn't everyone buy newborn stuff?
I have found that everyone buys the newborn clothes. But I still always buy clothes too so I can have exactly what I want.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 6th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I won't need much. Clothes if it's a girl. And a double stroller, lol.

December 6th, 2013, 11:53 AM
things i couldn't live without as a mom (thankfully i have everything still): bouncy chair thing that vibrates, ergo carrier. i have a boppy but this time i want to buy a brest friend because i didn't like how the boppy slipped all over when i nursed. i barely used the pack and play other than for her to nap in the first couple of months (in the baby bed attachment thing), never got a swing. her walker was CRUCIAL when she insisted on walking and not learning how to crawl but wasn't able to quite do it yet (and my back was breaking hunched over letting her hold my hands). we were given so many bibs that i thought was absurd until she started teething and was a drool monster.

December 6th, 2013, 02:50 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Diapers, bassinet, car seat, stroller..... I think that's it for must haves... But really, as a ftm, I want it all!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search