My sleepless morning.

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluesstarz2
  • 2 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By WannaBeMommaMe
  • 1 Post By WannaBeMommaMe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
4:30... wake up to pee, it's cold so I check on stove. All the wood DH put in there didn't light, so I spent 30min fixing that.

5:00.... Just get under covers and lay down, Nola then pukes all over the bed. Fix/clean all that mess up.

5:30... JUST start dozing off when she throws up again (in a puke bucket this time thank god).

5:55... after cleaning ^ mess I put more wood in stove and lay down and at 6am the upstairs alarm goes off to wake me up to put wood in the stove

FINALLY fall asleep after that.

7:15, wake up to my DOG walking on the bed, waking me up (big dog too). The only reason he'd come up those "death stairs" as he seems to think they are... is b/c he has to pee. So I have to push/carry him down the stairs and outside, and he then proceeds to pee on the van

F-it. I'm awake. Drinking coffee...

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 5th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Veteran
Sorry you had a crazy morning hopefully you can fit a nap in today
January 5th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like a nap in your future....
chihuahuaesque likes this.

January 5th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Super Mommy
Dang girl. I can't believe you live somewhere to put wood on the stove. That's some seriousness. It's going to get much colder than it normally does here in AL. But no snow:-(. I remember using a puke bucket. It was really a metal trash an but it worked. That's the one thing I'm scared off. I have THE WORST sympathy vomit reflex:-/. How do you do it?
January 5th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDeats View Post
Dang girl. I can't believe you live somewhere to put wood on the stove. That's some seriousness. It's going to get much colder than it normally does here in AL. But no snow:-(. I remember using a puke bucket. It was really a metal trash an but it worked. That's the one thing I'm scared off. I have THE WORST sympathy vomit reflex:-/. How do you do it?
It is our choice to live this way. We're in southern MO on 15 acres and have been working on living more sustainably / homesteading. It's our first winter of using a wood burning stove and so far we're really enjoying it. We just moved into our 2-story 500sq ft cabin that DH built a few weeks ago

As for the puking, I don't know how I do it (I RARELY puke). I can't stand hearing ppl throw up, especially DH, but it's like that mom instinct just takes over when it's your kid.

The first time Kailey threw up she was 1.5 years old and it terrified her, I literally just held her in my arms as she threw up ALL OVER ME multiple times that night and it didn't bother me one bit, I just kept changing my clothes (seriously had to do laundry the next day haha).
WannaBeMommaMe and VallyD like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 5th, 2014, 08:06 AM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry..... I have 4 mastiffs and as soon as one hears me getting up in the middle of the night, they all think they need to go out and then coming back in within 15 minutes. It's too cold for them if they have to stay out too long (rolls eyes)

Once I feel the cold, I'm awake for hours

January 5th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy.Mama View Post
It is our choice to live this way. We're in southern MO on 15 acres and have been working on living more sustainably / homesteading. It's our first winter of using a wood burning stove and so far we're really enjoying it. We just moved into our 2-story 500sq ft cabin that DH built a few weeks ago

As for the puking, I don't know how I do it (I RARELY puke). I can't stand hearing ppl throw up, especially DH, but it's like that mom instinct just takes over when it's your kid.

The first time Kailey threw up she was 1.5 years old and it terrified her, I literally just held her in my arms as she threw up ALL OVER ME multiple times that night and it didn't bother me one bit, I just kept changing my clothes (seriously had to do laundry the next day haha).
That is very impressive being more self sustaining. Do you heave a garden and whatnot? I'd love a garden for tomatoes and cabbage and Brussel sprouts, and peppers.

I think being covered in vomit may be one of my nightmares...shivers
January 5th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDeats View Post
That is very impressive being more self sustaining. Do you heave a garden and whatnot? I'd love a garden for tomatoes and cabbage and Brussel sprouts, and peppers.

I think being covered in vomit may be one of my nightmares...shivers
We were still in the process of clearing the land from trash (previous owners just had trash EVERYWHERE), trees, rocks etc... last summer so we couldn't do a garden, but this year we are growing a veggie garden FINALLY! We used to have one where we used to live, it was so nice having our own produce!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 5th, 2014, 08:53 AM
chihuahuaesque's Avatar Super Mommy
I definitely agree that a nap is in your future!

January 5th, 2014, 09:11 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Tough morning! At least it's over

January 5th, 2014, 10:07 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry little girl is sick I've let my son get sick on me before too, it IS different when it's your baby!
January 5th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love those mornings >,>

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

January 5th, 2014, 10:33 AM
WannaBeMommaMe's Avatar Veteran
Jackie, I love that you guys built your cabin! My husband and I just bought 40 acres near our current home in southern Illinois. We plan to build a straw bale home after we sell our current house. Many people that we know have gotten rid of their conventional furnace and opted for wood heat.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 5th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeMommaMe View Post
Jackie, I love that you guys built your cabin! My husband and I just bought 40 acres near our current home in southern Illinois. We plan to build a straw bale home after we sell our current house. Many people that we know have gotten rid of their conventional furnace and opted for wood heat.
Love straw bale homes!!

The cabin is temp, we're going to be building an earthbag/cob home next, can't wait!!

I just love the entire "getting back to the old days" way of living, love love love it! Definitely a lot more work though

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 5th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Yes it is! We had a 40x50' organic garden last summer and it **** near killed me! The weeding was the worst! We got a small mantis tiller toward the end of the season, which really helped. The food was so amazingly, powerfully delicious!
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 5th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeMommaMe View Post
Yes it is! We had a 40x50' organic garden last summer and it **** near killed me! The weeding was the worst! We got a small mantis tiller toward the end of the season, which really helped. The food was so amazingly, powerfully delicious!
Not looking forward to clearing out the area we want the garden. Our land is covered in rocks (we're in the Ozark area). Rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks! Ugh lol

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 5th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Do you have enough compost to do raised beds? May be easier.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 5th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a rough start! Hopefully, you got in a nap. The wood burning stove is so interesting!
January 6th, 2014, 05:07 AM
No compost pile, we tried that but the chickens kept eating it and we keep moving around on the land as we clear more and more land so keeping it in 1 spot is impossible LOL!!

The WBS is really cool, it's made out of a 55 gallon barrel drum and works awesome.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search