One more check off the list!

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2014, 07:33 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just sent in the deposit to hold our spot in the Bradley Method class series... we finally found one that will be less than an hour away from our house - so stoked!
We still be starting Tuesday, March 18th which will put me at 24wks exactly.

Any other users of Bradley Method?

January 7th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Awesome! I loved the Bradley Method! We didn't take any classes with dd1, I bought the book and it just made me feel so empowered. Re-reading it now, it's a bit cheesy But it's still great, very informative no matter what type of birth you plan!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 7th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really want to take them but there is almost no way my husband could count on having the same set day off to go with me for 12 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestion for any other type of natural birthing type classes that aren't as long or involved?

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 7th, 2014, 07:54 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH wont read a book if I send it to him and I cannot imagine Bradley Method being successful without him studying it, too. The class conflicts with his Tu/Th Jiu Jitsu schedule but he said "Now that football is over, I can start going to Sunday classes and miss one during the week." (Oh! How thoughtful! lol)
I think it will really appeal to him because he has been concerned about nutrition and exercise, but not informed enough to come off as anything but a "You're going to get fat" Nazi. Our therapist really enjoyed taking an active role in the nutrition aspect by cooking breakfast for his wife every morning - although DH said he is interested in this approach, I have yet to see him get out of bed before I'm already gone let alone arrange to be home to cook dinner before 8pm at night. I can tell he wants to take some sort of active role but really doesn't feel informed or comfortable enough to figure out what that is. I am a crazy know-it-all research intensive type, so I am sure that plays a big part and makes him feel intimidated to even try.

I'm looking forward to doing this together!

January 7th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome! I love Bradley method. I didn't take a class, but read the book with my 4th and went on to have a wonderful natural birth at home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search