"Normal" weight gain??

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin.Berg
  • 2 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By laleighpop
  • 1 Post By Erin.Berg
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 4 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By kjaco2
  • 1 Post By mstee511
  • 2 Post By colette20
  • 2 Post By KDeats
  • 1 Post By VallyD
  • 3 Post By lea23
  • 1 Post By KarenMichaels123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So as you can see in my belly pictures in the bump thread my belly is growing. It's actually a lot bigger than I expected it to be because this is my first baby and I have pretty strong stomach muscles. I am excited to have a bump but I have yet to gain any weight. In fact, I lost weight between my 9 week and 13 week appointment. Doc wasn't too happy because I don't have any reason to have lost weight. I haven't had any issues with appetite, nausea, or vomiting (so sorry for the ladies that have been dealing with this!!) and I did some pretty shameful eating over the holidays.

Is anyone else who didn't have nausea problems having a hard time putting on weight but is also showing? It doesn't seem natural to have grown this much and lost a few pounds. I'm not sure if it's early enough to be concerned but just for fun here are some pictures for comparison. My pic at 9 weeks and my most recent at 13w4days (please excuse the outfit it was after a '20s party lol).

VallyD likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 7th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Weight is different for everyone. There is no set amt ppl should be gaining and I don't agree with generalized guidelines about weight and pregnancy. I also don't agree with any doctor who freaks out (not saying yours did, just to clarify) about losing weight or gaining X amt of lbs in pregnancy.

Just don't eat all crazy like, eat healthy food, drink lots of water and your body will do what it needs to do, whether that's lose, gain, or maintain.

ETA: I'm obviously showing and I've lost 9lbs.
razzledobe and Erin.Berg like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 7th, 2014, 08:58 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Opposite here... showing a little but I gained 5lbs since my last appointment.
I am suffering pretty severe 'irregularity' which I am sure can account for a pound or two but I really need to reel in the craving induced eating.
I am impressed with your bump progress!! I'm not showing nearly that much!
Erin.Berg likes this.

January 7th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Laura I myself have been quite "irregular" as well. The yogurt is not doing its job!
laleighpop likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 7th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Yea the pipes just aren't working down there right now
Erin.Berg likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 7th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Ok just took this and added to bumps thread.

13 weeks and 9lbs lost

VallyD, Spottts, Erin.Berg and 1 others like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 7th, 2014, 10:01 AM
You look great! It's so hard to understand what is "normal" anymore. I appreciate the input. With this being my first I am a little paranoid about EVERYTHING.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 7th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks, and totally understandable as your first!

Now excuse me while I go find something to stuff my face. AGAIN.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 7th, 2014, 10:16 AM

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 7th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Veteran
Maybe you are just carrying more in the front? I don't know where everything is going for me, maybe my uterus is more towards the back? So weird...
Erin.Berg likes this.

January 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
For me...I'm not sure. Some days I show and others I don't. I think it may be the clothes I wear. The pic I posted last week, I had on a pair of low rise slacks that fit everywhere else, but I couldn't button them. All my other slacks cover my belly and are a size bigger and are just about falling off of me. Since I have been pregnant, I've lost about 20lbs.

I'm not really concerned with gaining it back either. Although I have started eating a bit more, I have yet to gain anything. I honestly don't care if I stay this "thin", I just don't want to be a big double-wide skyscraper by the time I get to 8 months. LOL

By the way...I did have quite a bit of terrible pregnancy sickness for like 3.5 weeks after week 8. Even though I'm eating more now, I'm still not able to eat MUCH at one sitting. I'm sure the major reduction in calories is a factor in my weight loss as well. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting 1200 calories a day.
Erin.Berg likes this.

My baby boy!

Last edited by mstee511; January 7th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.
January 7th, 2014, 12:26 PM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive lost weight too, and have had very minimal sickness (big change for me since I had hyper emesis last time!)

Your metabolism changes a lot when you're pregnant, so it could be that you haven't adjusted to that change yet, an have lost a few pounds due to that.

I agree uterus position could be a factor too.

I feel huge already and Ive only gained two pounds since I last weighed myself pre pregnancy.... We'll all probably make it up on the back end, and be complaining in 5 months when we feel like we've gained too much, lol.
VallyD and Erin.Berg like this.

January 7th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Super Mommy
It really depends on where you are carrying. My uterus is slightly tilted away towards the back. Even though I'm suppose to show earlier I'm not really because of this. As for weight gain I use my home scale as my go to in the AM. I lost weight in the beginning even though I wasn't throwing any meals up. I've gained about 3 lbs since week 6. I have to gain *gulp* like 50 lbs for the twins. This is ideal for them. I hope for me it's all tummy and not face or butt. I've got a Half Ironman and an ultra run on the books for the end of next year beginning of 2015. I'll be SO ready to get back to a new routine for training.

OH and both of you all look adorable. So no worries!!
Earthy.Mama and Erin.Berg like this.
January 7th, 2014, 03:37 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
I don't think I can help you. I'm overweight and don't show at all yet. I have lost 2 lbs, but wasn't sick, and doctor think's it's no big deal. He said I shouldn't gain more than 10-15 lbs, and if I don't gain any at all it won't be a problem.

January 7th, 2014, 03:46 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate to say anything and "jinx myself" (Which I know pregnant women should gain weight, just hear me out) but I am experiencing this exact thing. With my son I had already gained 10lbs at this point ( I pulled out my old weight chart to double check even). It's so bizarre because my thighs are rubbing together and noticeably larger, I'm putting weight on in my hips, my stomach is huge... but I have yet to gain weight!

Part of this leads me to suspect this is a girl, but I don't have a girl bump like yours to speak of. I don't know whats up with this, I have been no stranger to food and suffered very little morning sickness, with my son I was sick as a DOG and still put on so much weight by now. Strange!
Erin.Berg likes this.
January 7th, 2014, 04:09 PM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
I jut wanted to say your 20s outfit was awesome
colette20, Erin.Berg and KDeats like this.

January 8th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Well, I just went wow when I saw your 13 weeks pic-with my first son I didn't have obvious bump, and I don't have strong stomach muscles
Well, from my perspective I would say that it is not problematic if you don't gain weight at this early stage of pregnancy...baby is just developing genetically and there is no real need to be putting weight on..we are just "tolerated" for putting weight in first two trimesters, as far as I am concerned
My guess is that you will start gaining in next week or two-and maybe more then you would guess, just to compensate for this lack
Anyways, as long as your little one is developing as it should, I don't think that your weight gain/or loss is any issue at all. Good luck!
Erin.Berg likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search