You gotta be FREAKING kidding me!

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 1 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 1 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 2 Post By mstee511
  • 2 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 2 Post By laleighpop

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2014, 10:26 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*lets out long string of curse words*

My family is at it AGAIN. My late Father's side, from Christmas, remember? My aunt just put a message on my husband's Facebook (I have her blocked) as a reply to a random status about Game of Thrones this " We really do love ya'll and want you to come see us and get your presents from this side of the family, if you don't then I will just get them and come leave them on your doorstep".

OH MY GOD!!!! Shut up! Just shut up! How dare you! She tells me not to come over there and all this horrible stuff, then turns around and says come over here j/k we love you if you don't I'm coming over there!?!

NO!!!

This makes me furious! If my grandparents wanted to see us they could come over, not come leave presents on the porch out of some guilty obligation to tradition! Oh I am seething pissed!
January 7th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If they bring them over I would take them right back and dump them on her porch. I imagine that she has no had time to sit and realize the repercussions of her actions and is probably feeling a little guilty about it but instead of apologizing is being very backhanded about it. Yeah, that would definitely not go over well with me.
VallyD, ZeeWP and casslou1 like this.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 7th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Rach you hit the nail on the head with that one, that's EXACTLY what is going on! At first I thought, the nerve of that woman, then I thought wait... she might just be that ignorant!
January 7th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate it when people try to get around not apologizing when they are in the wrong. If it's something small I can forget it and move on but something huge like that deserves a heart felt apology. That's why we don't have anything to do with FIL and it's been over 2 years since we've seen him. His apology went like this, "if I have done anything to offend you..." Ummm yeah obviously you did so don't say IF. Sometimes family really sucks.
VallyD likes this.

January 7th, 2014, 10:46 PM
That sounds like every half arsed sorry attempt at an apology I have ever gotten from these people. "Well I'm sorry YOU TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY" is another favorite of theirs! Incredible, I'm sorry you have to deal with a similar type of people.
January 7th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VallyD View Post
That sounds like every half arsed sorry attempt at an apology I have ever gotten from these people. "Well I'm sorry YOU TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY" is another favorite of theirs! Incredible, I'm sorry you have to deal with a similar type of people.
Oh we don't anymore. Fortunately most of my family is pretty kick @ $ $ to make up for the suckage on his side. lol
VallyD likes this.

January 8th, 2014, 05:11 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
I guess I am a bit more forgiving. While I wouldn't go over there, I'd tell hubby to tell her she can bring the gifts to the house and ring the doorbell like a regular human being. She doesn't work for FedEx, UPS or the US Postal Service. Then when she does come, I'd invite her in and tell her exactly how I feel. I wouldn't hold back either.

Sometimes folks don't think before they act and can be remorseful after they've had time to reflect. Also, sometimes folks really don't know they've hurt you or they don't understand how they hurt you.
razzledobe and MrsPalumbo like this.

My baby boy!

January 8th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
These people are special.
VallyD and MrsPalumbo like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 8th, 2014, 07:39 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an aunt that is... shall we say volatile??
I actually lived with them for a while as a kid when I was taken from my mom, and since she and my uncle never had kids, I have always considered her another mom. Except, she is CRAY-CRAY; hence, my saying of not having enough 'pieces' of parents to make a whole one. I have gradually stopped reaching out to her because it hurts my feelings everytime [ends up with her saying something about wanting to slit my moms throat (her last remaining sister)]. I no longer get mad about it, but our relationship has distanced because I have to protect myself. It sucks that I can't really stay in touch with my uncle now, and I plan on naming our son after him.

I would accept the gifts and continue to do the RIGHT thing but set boundaries that protect you and your family from her outrageous insults. Like - Thank you for the gifts, please understand I love you but I draw the line at _____. These are the terms of a relationship with us, take it or leave it.

Family is such a stressful thing! That's why I can't wait to have my very own family lol
Earthy.Mama and VallyD like this.

January 8th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am speechless.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 8th, 2014, 09:51 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I swear, the more I hear about them, the more your family reminds me of my in laws... Dont understand social protocol, oblivious to how they come off, and if someone is offended by them they act like they have no idea why.

Honestly, I would bring the presents back and put them on her porch if she brought them over... attach a little note that says something snarky... but Im a brat like that.

January 8th, 2014, 10:23 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Ugh whatever. I hate stressful families. They act like the word family and and blood ties give them carte blanche to act however they want. Stupid. Hugs!

January 8th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Ugh whatever are my sentiments exactly. I don't know what's happened with the convo since husband has been at work today, I should find out later, I don't know what I will do.

The really messed up part is she gets drunk and does this ****, I'm starting to think she has a problem.

Thanks ladies for letting me vent about it, it was just like, SERIOUSLY? Ehhh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search