Moving while pregnant

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2014, 05:56 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let the stress begin!! We moved from CA to MS when baby #3 was 3 months old (3 day drive) and then from MS to LA when I was 13 wks pregnant with #4 (but it was just a 6 hour drive) - this time...we are moving from LA back to CA in April...I will be roughly 30 weeks when we move - and we will move ourselves (vs the gov moving us).

The stress of moving + finding an OB willing to take me which will take a good 4-5 weeks because the way the air force works is once we get to the new base and get checked in, I have to re-take a pregnancy test at the lab, and then wait for a referral and then once I get the referral...then I can make an appointment with the OB!! Not sure how it will work with my high risk OB and all that jazz.... + the issues of finding my oldest son a new therapist and psychiatrist...gives me anxiety already!!!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 8th, 2014, 06:32 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Oh wow... I hate moving anyways, and doing it while pregnant... ugh. We were going to move into a house, but now we may be moving to a different state later in the year so I'll be moving with a 3 month old instead

January 8th, 2014, 07:29 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
That is so tough!!!
January 9th, 2014, 07:36 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is insane!!!
We have 2 friends in the Air Force and right off the bat I told DH - don't get any ideas, I NEVER intend to have no say in where we live and I will not sacrifice my own career because of constantly having to move. I feel terrible for our friends wives because they have had to raise their kids without the support of their family and haven't even used their degrees because the most the can find around the constantly moving schedule is admin or day care jobs (what a waste of $30k for college!). I fully support the sacrifices made by those in service, but the complete surrender to where you live and when has always been the only reason why I knew it wasn't for me.
I can't imagine having to face such a large change so late in pregnancy, but I am hoping since you said BACK to CA that you have friends/family there?

January 9th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel you!! We moved when I was 36wks pg with our youngest. From SC to PA. And DH was getting out of the Navy at the same time, so insurance and finding a dr was a huge fiasco. It totally sucks and I'm sorry you have to do that while preggo!

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
January 9th, 2014, 02:38 PM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugg, I'm sorry, that sounds so stressful! I moved while 33 weeks pregnant with my son but it wasn't nearly as far or as stressful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search