Thankful Thursday

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree34Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin.Berg
  • 7 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 4 Post By laleighpop
  • 4 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 3 Post By ZeeWP
  • 5 Post By mstee511
  • 4 Post By AlanaIris
  • 3 Post By RhiettaP
  • 2 Post By casslou1
  • 1 Post By Spottts

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay so it's not quite Thursday but it seemed like a good title.

My husband installed cable at one of his old buddy's apt today and when he came home he told me how much we have to be thankful for. His friend was jobless and a bit lonely. It kind of bummed DH out. I might whine alot but I really do have it good. A loving (and handsome) husband, a house and a baby on the way. We have our health, decent jobs and supportive families. It almost seems too good to be true.

What are you thankful for?
ZeeWP likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 8th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today I am super thankful for the kindness of an internet stranger. I haven't bought anything for baby yet and saw that this lady had posted a large lot of a particular WAHM brand of diapers that I like. I saw them over a week ago and thought, hmm that's a good price but I don't have the money to buy just yet. Well today she bumped her post and asked for final offers before she took them to Goodwill. She had 11 diapers and was asking $100ppd OBO for the lot (these diapers retail at over $20 new so it was a steal even at that). So I decided to offer her $45 for 5 of them. She accepted my offer and then said if I really liked them that I could just have the rest since she was not trying to make money off of them and was trying to get her drawers emptied. So I scored 11 beautiful newborn cloth diapers for only $45ppd. I know exactly what I will do with them when we are done with them. They will be paid forward to lots of cute little baby booties. I feel blessed!

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 9th, 2014, 07:10 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I am thankful for the Rx my doc gave me for headaches because this sucker has been keeping me awake since 4am. I have drank water and no luck so I am finally going to give in a take one - the fluorescent lights in my office were killing me, so now I'm sitting in the dark lol.
To dive in a little deeper, I would guess I am most thankful for my husband today. He is truly a good man (and good looking!) and I am blessed to know that he will be the father of my children. We have worked very hard to get back to a good place in our marriage, and today I can say I am even thankful for the HORRID times we have endured because it has brought us closer than ever before and completely recommitted to our marriage. More specifically, I am thankful that we reached that milestone BEFORE getting pregnant because the added pressure could have been detrimental to our progress.
I love love
Spottts, Erin.Berg, ZeeWP and 1 others like this.

January 9th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I've been thankful for many small things since a lot of bad things have happened recently.

I'm thankful for snuggles from my kids. Everything is fixed when they just "mommy mommy mommy" and curl up in my arms

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 9th, 2014, 11:19 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
today I am thankful for water. I'm super duper thirsty today!
Erin.Berg, laleighpop and casslou1 like this.

January 9th, 2014, 12:08 PM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
Today I am thankful that I finally got rid of that bad tooth. LOL It was stubborn and he showed it to me after he pulled it and that thing was HUGE!

I am also thankful that my mom has seen the light and stopped with her meanness. I think it mainly because she is dealing with my stepfather who was just diagnosed with cancer. Life is short and some things are just not worth the fuss.

My baby boy!

January 9th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Today I am thankful that all of my kiddos are healthy! It seemed like we were battling sickness forever! And I felt the baby move this morning (first time I've felt definite movement this pregnancy), so thankful for that as well!

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
January 9th, 2014, 02:01 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thankful that I'm healthy, I have healthy kids, a roof over my head, my DH has a stable income and that we have great health insurance. God is good!
Erin.Berg, ZeeWP and casslou1 like this.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 9th, 2014, 02:24 PM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
I am thankful for my loving hubby and kids. I'm not sure what I ever did to deserve them
Erin.Berg and ZeeWP like this.

January 9th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so thankful for my husband. He is my partner, my equal, a fantastic father, and the one who calms me when I get stressed. After my first marriage, I didn't think it was possible that there was someone as wonderful as what I found.
RhiettaP likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search