Speaking of breast feeding....

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By razzledobe
  • 1 Post By rachoochoo2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2014, 04:45 PM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
Has anyone noticed changes in their boobs yet?

Mine haven't grown any bigger than they already were and they don't hurt anymore either.

Are there signs that tell you that you're starting to produce milk?

I'm really hell bent on wanting to breast feed, but I'm so scared I'll be one of those moms that just doesn't have milk.

My baby boy!

January 9th, 2014, 05:03 PM
brookes630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine have grown at least one cup size and have been so sore!! At my first Dr appointment my Dr commented on how full I felt. Lol.

As far as breastfeeding, it can be stressful, but you just have to relax when the time comes. I don't remember my boobs hurting so much or getting bigger so early on. Maybe since its your first one your body is still working in it. I know after I delivered dd#2, my milk came in much faster than the first time.

January 9th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
You'll have milk. Breastfeeding issues generally come from a lack of knowledge and support and rarely is it b/c of actual medical issues, but it does happen.

My boobs got bigger with dd1 and around 36ish weeks I started leaking milk every now and then.

Nothing that I can remember from dd2.

No changes this time, just sore boobs still.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 9th, 2014, 05:18 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
no changes here either other than a little soreness. my boobs never went back down to their previous cup size after #1 so i'm grateful... dont worry about size correlating to supply that is a total misnomer ;-)
Earthy.Mama likes this.
January 9th, 2014, 05:50 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son I went from an A to a DD (then back down to a B) this time I just went up a cup size and they have stayed that size. They aren't sore anymore. With my son I got some leakage at about 25-30 weeks.
January 9th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Super Mommy
Mine have gone up at least a cup size. I don't remember them changing size with my last pregnancies but they were much bigger to begin with then. Plus they are really sore this time around too, I think from the growing.

As for not having enough milk, there is really nothing that you can do so worrying won't help. With my first daughter I had so much milk, I had so much extra that I always had 100 extra ounces in the freezer at all times, for the just in case. Then with my second daughter I struggled from the very beginning, I ended up seeing a lactation consultant every week, was on medication to try to increase my supply, ate oatmeal, pumped after every feeding, nothing helped. I ended up having to supplement her (she was falling off the growth charts) but with supplementation we still made it to a year breastfeeding.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
January 9th, 2014, 08:54 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
I think I went up at least half a size. Which, for a 38K, is a lot! LOL. My boobs are the worst when I take my bra off. Maybe an extender will help, but I think I just need to go up a size.

I have the same worries as you, Timica. I worry even with all the support I won't be doing it right.

January 9th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some women their boobs don't grow and colostrum won't show up till the end of the pregnancy. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you can bf do it if the baby wants to nurse do it. Don't worry about time or over feeding baby will let you know. Don't ever second guess yourself instincts are much stronger than you might give it credit for. Just like learning the different cries.

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

January 10th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I just stopped breastfeeding around christmas and i already have colostrum. My boobs sre so small tho its weird. They are basically back to normal and i thought they would get more milk but probably not til after the baby comes. Totally normal tho.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 10th, 2014, 05:05 AM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a small amount of colostrum now too. This is my 3rd baby and it seems to come sooner with each. With my daughter (1st) I didn't see it until I was around 30 weeks pregnant and my son maybe 20? The size of your breasts has nothing to do with the amount of milk you will produce. Maybe contact a lactation consultant in your area so that you have someone to go to if you are having problems? The nurses at the hospital are helpful but the lactation consultants are awesome

January 10th, 2014, 06:18 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nipples were sore the 1st couple weeks after BFP but stopped any haven't been since. So far no change in size, but I have breast implants (submuscular) so my natural breast tissue is quite minimal to begin with.

January 10th, 2014, 06:21 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
Thanks for the tips you guys...I just wondered. I always thought that if they begin to grow when pregnant that it meant you were producing.

Man...guess I have a long way to go when it comes to being a mom. LOL

My baby boy!

January 10th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine really haven't changed this time around. I do totally agree with Jackie that BF issues usually come from a lack of knowledge. I know mine with my first baby did. Research and read up as much as you can and make sure you have people who will support you in what you are doing. Those are the two things that made all the difference for me the second time around compared to my first.

Oh and I have never had milk or colostrum until baby arrived and still did just fine.
Brandi0099 likes this.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 10th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Super Mommy
I know my sister couldn't due to so much scar tissue from her breast reduction and just fibromatous breast tissue. I'm not sure my mom even tried because late 70's and early 80's I think breast feeding wasn't "in". I really hope to breast feed but not sure how that works with twins :-/. I have so much to learn. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
January 10th, 2014, 08:29 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have big, super saggy droopy boobs...it would take A LOT for me to notice any changes ha ha ha. They do still hurt though, but I think that I'm still nursing my youngest is what is contributing to that.....

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Brandi0099's Avatar Veteran
My boobs have not gotten much bigger but or lordy they hurt still like crazy and my nipples are super sore ( I wonder if this is normal.. lol )

I am not sure of signs that milk is coming in. I dont remember "leaking" anything until late in my last trimester. And don't panic about not having milk. There are so many things you can do. My cousin breastfeed her son when her supply was really low. She nearly drowned herself everyday with her water intake and she took supplements as well as some type of tea that helps you produce milk. As long as you get off to a good start you should be okay. Try to find a good lactation consultant before you have the baby and be prepared to these ladies being very much " all up in your business" lol. The ones I worked with just started off grabbing my nipples and shoving in my babies mouth and holding my boobs in weird positions, haha, it was awkward but well worth it. They taught me a lot.
And also something that no one ever told me about breastfeeding is how much it will hurt. I don't mean to scare you, but be prepared because a lot of moms get to the point where its not so easy and when things start going off tract they give up because they are scared and don't know how to handle it. So prepare yourself. Research all the ways to deal with cracked or bleeding nipples ( yes it can happen) and make sure you are familiar with how to latch the baby on correctly to start with, this will help avoid most of the bad parts of breastfeeding when you first start.
Good luck!
January 10th, 2014, 03:26 PM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boobs have definitely starting growing like weeds. I don't bother with a bra most days now....

I havent BF in 6 months... but Im producing milk again. Not colostrum, but milk.... Doc says it may stay until baby comes (Kinda hoping so... My milk came in early with DS and it was so helpful to get him into the groove of breast feeding) or it may stop later on.

I do notice, Im getting that twinge in the boo boos when DS cries.... Man I did not miss that. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search