So what's new?

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 08:38 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
What's going on in your life that's not pregnancy related? Anything interesting?

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2014, 08:59 AM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
hmmm well does going to the Philippines and India on Friday count as interesting? If so then yeah...
January 22nd, 2014, 09:03 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are still looking at houses to buy or places to rent. I guess that's exciting if you remove the stress from it lol
Earthy.Mama and razzledobe like this.
January 22nd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Traveling is a definite YES, and so is moving!! I love moving and packing and unpacking and making my new space all purdy lol
VallyD likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2014, 09:18 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still waiting to hear about our possible move to a diff rent house but DH got a little further with the job app, they want to schedule a phone interview for next week. So YAY for that!
And I just switched my work schedule to 7-4 and I am LOVING it. Took 20 min off my commute this morning, I got here an hour before everyone else and GOT STUFF DONE, and the best part is its GORGEOUS today so I will really enjoy walking the doggies this afternoon when I get home BEFORE dark

January 22nd, 2014, 09:20 AM
I walked outside the day before yesterday with just a sweater and FLIP FLOPS!!! It was gorgeous!
razzledobe, VallyD and Spottts like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Filed our taxes (even though they won't do anything with it until the end of the month) and thanks to our lovely return my van will be paid off next month and we will be living as close to debt free as we have been in a very long time. That makes me mucho happy.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 22nd, 2014, 10:12 AM
Brandi0099's Avatar Veteran
I am still busy planning my wedding. We finally settled on a date and Honeymoon location. We are thinking June 2015 and Honeymoon will be in Hawaii! We have also discussed doing a very very small back yard wedding and saving our wedding budget and going on a week honeymoon to Rome, but I cannot decide if I want to give my wedding party up, but Italy sounds so fun.. decisions, decisions. Im also having a hard time planning the food. LOL, We have discovered that a pregnant woman may not make the best decisions for a wedding dinner. So far I have loved the idea of a BBQ theme with grilled burgers, hot dogs and ribs. LMAO.. not typical food for a wedding but I would enjoy myself, hehe, and my other idea is a HUGE dessert buffet. Who doesnt like nothing but desserts for dinner hahaha.. and my cake idea is brilliant. A cheesecake cake! Im a genius! Maybe DF is right. I should wait until I am not pregnant to decide on the food!

January 22nd, 2014, 10:53 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was in a wedding over the weekend so that has consumed a lot of my time lately, also we are working on house plans and getting our budget ready to start and add-on! WAAAY excited about that!

wedding hair, love it!

January 22nd, 2014, 11:44 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DF started talking about ACTUALLY getting married last night.... which was weird, and unexpected.

It's weird, because I have the obligatory pinterest board of wedding stuff.... But I am in no hurry. He's talking like, maybe the end of this year... and Im like..... ummm no.

I am seriously ok not being married for a few more years.

What woman is the one not wanting to get married while the man is trying to plan it? lol.

I'm weird, I know.
VallyD and casslou1 like this.

January 22nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
I finally got some of my registration paperwork sorted out for school. I'm done with everything, it's just paperwork!! Grrrr... I just want my degree.

January 22nd, 2014, 01:11 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing terribly exciting here. DS3 has an appt in Cincinnati on Friday. It's about 2.5 hours north of us so it's always a bit of an ordeal to go up there but hopefully everything goes smoothly. Other than that just trying to stay warm here! It's pretty cold out, not as bad as the last 'polar vortex' or whatever they called it but definitely colder than normal. I'm scared for my electric bill to come LOL.

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

January 22nd, 2014, 04:01 PM
Brandi0099's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbackmom View Post
I was in a wedding over the weekend so that has consumed a lot of my time lately, also we are working on house plans and getting our budget ready to start and add-on! WAAAY excited about that!

wedding hair, love it!
You look so cute!!
razorbackmom likes this.
January 22nd, 2014, 04:14 PM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
You looked lovely for the wedding.

Nothing new with me.
razorbackmom likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 04:36 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
Other than that just trying to stay warm here! It's pretty cold out, not as bad as the last 'polar vortex' or whatever they called it but definitely colder than normal. I'm scared for my electric bill to come LOL.
This month has been colder than it's been in 5 years? A long time either way! When we got this much larger house (a rental) the owner warned us it wasn't cheap to cool or heat. We got our first bill and it was almost double our last bill at the small house. We've started wearing jackets in the house and letting the house be set a degree lower. We'll see what that does for the bill.

The girls are having their joint party this weekend. Other than that, it's crunch time for the dreaded state test at work. That's from now until end of April. One more 9 weeks to prepare.
January 22nd, 2014, 06:26 PM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
I am teaching 5 days a week now so I have tried cutting down my work schedule at the Veterinary Hospital to around 30 hours a week and I have ended up coming home before 7pm every night.I have been enjoying the extra free time.

I just got word today that I have to take a couple of college classes for the next 6 weeks so my free time is going to be cut short again very soon.

January 22nd, 2014, 06:38 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi0099 View Post
I am still busy planning my wedding. We finally settled on a date and Honeymoon location. We are thinking June 2015 and Honeymoon will be in Hawaii! We have also discussed doing a very very small back yard wedding and saving our wedding budget and going on a week honeymoon to Rome, but I cannot decide if I want to give my wedding party up, but Italy sounds so fun.. decisions, decisions. Im also having a hard time planning the food. LOL, We have discovered that a pregnant woman may not make the best decisions for a wedding dinner. So far I have loved the idea of a BBQ theme with grilled burgers, hot dogs and ribs. LMAO.. not typical food for a wedding but I would enjoy myself, hehe, and my other idea is a HUGE dessert buffet. Who doesnt like nothing but desserts for dinner hahaha.. and my cake idea is brilliant. A cheesecake cake! Im a genius! Maybe DF is right. I should wait until I am not pregnant to decide on the food!

ROME ROME ROME!!! DH and I had this big wedding planned out and last minute (had the dress and everything) decided to go for an awesome honeymoon instead and we to this day do NOT regret it one little bit. I was in Rome not that long ago and if you decide to go for it I can give you lots of tips... 3rd time there as I also went to school in Italy ages ago. Also, love the cheesecake cake!
Brandi0099 likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 06:45 AM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
Nothing much new here. Hubby gone till April and it always seems when he leaves s#*t hits the fan. Our heater watering trough for the horses froze in our last ice age a few weeks ago so I am now stuck hauling water ever morning and night into small troughs and chipping the ice out every morning. Ugh. Being the solo farm hand by myself is very much overrated all winter, thank goodness my girls are good at hanging quietly on their own sometimes in the tractor.
Well I guess my "what's new" turned into a "my rant" sorry about that

Oh I got a new pair of skates so I can try to skate with my oldest! That should be entertaining I haven't been on skates since I was 18!!
Earthy.Mama likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Oh man that's trough about the ice I bet your arms are going to be sculpted though!

See what I did there?

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 23rd, 2014, 09:00 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are just working on preparting for our move across country. Our move date got bumped up, so now I have essentially 6 weeks to pack the entire house up. I haven't started...was going to this weekend, but got asked to work...so packing will just have to wait again....going to start with the kids rooms and go down to clothes in a suitcase and a pallet on the floor...then shut down the bathrooms and go down to one...

It would be so much easier to do this like a week before we move so I can just pack EVERYTHING at once, but DH wants to do it little by little...total PITA!!

Other then that....nothing...

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search