Baby Showers!!

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 03:49 PM
Brandi0099's Avatar Veteran
Its probably a bit too early to be planning this, but is anyone else planning their baby shower? Are you going to have one. Most of my family believes its traditional to only have one baby shower for the first born and with DD I had to throw hers myself, but it was great. I enjoyed planning my own baby shower and coming up with the fun games. This time around I am thinking I will have a Diaper Shower, since Ill be planning it by myself again. Is anyone else throwing their own baby shower?
January 22nd, 2014, 04:08 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am going to end up throwing my own. My moms best friend threw the one for my son and it was AWESOME but I doubt she will be doing it again.
January 22nd, 2014, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaOf2andBean
I don't think I could bring myself to throw one for myself and since this is my third, I don't think anyone else will either. So, I'm buying my own stuff, haha.

January 22nd, 2014, 04:28 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I'll kinda be doing my own online baby shower. A lot of my family is deceased, including parents and we don't live anywhere near family or friends so a physical shower would be a hassle. I'm sure my sister would still try to throw one, but I just don't see the point because it'll be an inconvenience for everyone to get there and I don't use a lot of items ppl typically buy for showers and I would hate to see their $ be wasted

I'll post something on FB and let ppl know what we want IF they want to contribute something, be it a baby wrap, diapers or some dinero towards our homebirth fund.... w/e they want if they're adamant about doing something.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2014, 06:41 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
I have zero plans for a shower but have had 4 co-workers declare they're throwing one as well as some of my girlfriends outside of work. I absolutely cringe at shower games and my awesome friends that threw one for my with #1 were amazing and kept it just how I liked it. Co-ed (sooo many of my good friends are guys) and awesome food and no games hee hee...

IF anyone ends up going through with it I'm really hoping there will be no games. I seriously have weird phobia issues with baby shower games. It would take hours on a therapists couch to untangle. for real. now i'm freaking myself out lol.
VallyD likes this.
January 22nd, 2014, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No plans for a shower here unless someone surprises me but I know my mom and sisters won't and I only have one friend who might and I really doubt it. I don't really need a ton so I'm ok with it.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 22nd, 2014, 06:47 PM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No plans for a shower but everyone keeps telling me that they will come if i have one.

January 22nd, 2014, 08:37 PM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my 3rdand even though its been 7 years since my last baby I would feel strange throwing a baby shower. I'm just going to buy everything myself and for the people who have asked if I want anything, I've set up a baby registry on amazon.

January 23rd, 2014, 05:23 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
This is my first but i doubt I will have much of one. Maybe just a luncheon type deal with my sister and aunt.

January 23rd, 2014, 05:27 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aka Anxiety

My BFF said she is throwing it, I am letting her (I did her last one). If my family complains about driving 45min-1hr to her house, then oh well. She said one of my HS friends has been messaging her about it already, and those girls all live out in the sticks near her so that's nice. It will def be coed, which I prefer. I'd rather a BBQ party, that involves the option of gifts than an actual baby shower. As far as games go, beer pong, flip cup, frisbeer.... those I would be more comfortable with. Shoot we play flip cup in the family at holidays with the kids... they just get to choose their nonalcoholic drink (the competitive ones learn early that water goes down easier than anything carbonated when you're chugging lol).
Earthy.Mama, VallyD and Spottts like this.

January 23rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My two bffs are doing one for me. I don't really need one since this is #4 and I have everything I could possibly need, but it's always just fun to get together with special friends and celebrate a new life. I'm doing one for another friend who is also on #4 in a few weeks. Seems to be the norm around here.

January 23rd, 2014, 06:49 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
We are having a "sprinkle" instead of a shower, just family and very close friends. I feel like we had such a huge huge turnout from the community with DD in 2011 it feels a bit selfish or forced to have another one.

January 23rd, 2014, 07:50 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Our family always does/did co-ed showers. We treated them more like family reunions and I LOVED that! I'll miss not having one this time..../sigh

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 23rd, 2014, 09:57 AM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
My best friends are throwing one for me. They threw my first one as well. I don't care if I am on baby #7, I'm having a baby shower regardless! lol. Now, I wouldn't ask for gifts or anything but I still think each pregnancy and baby should be celebrated. Since we're having twins, we definitely need things (Especially if they're girls) They are doing a Dr. Seuss Thing 1 Thing 2 theme.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 23rd, 2014, 10:04 AM
Brandi0099's Avatar Veteran
I love the idea of a co-ed. I think this time around I will do that. The last two were females only and DF didnt get to go to either. I think it would be nice to have at least one where he can go. I dont really need many baby items either, thats why I decided a diaper shower would be best ( since I use disposable diapies) I think to get people to come and bring diapers I will do a raffale and for every 10 or 20 diapers people bring they will get a ticket and I will only have one big prize like a $100 visa gift card. idk.. Still a lot of decisions to make. Party planning will be the end of me by the end of this year. Im gonig to have the shower sometime in May, I have DD bday in april, the twins in June and DF/baby in July. Im going to lose my mind
January 23rd, 2014, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom said she'd throw me one because I got rid of all my baby stuff, but I am thinking of doing a sprinkle/baby show off party.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

January 23rd, 2014, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casslou1 View Post
This is my 3rdand even though its been 7 years since my last baby I would feel strange throwing a baby shower. I'm just going to buy everything myself and for the people who have asked if I want anything, I've set up a baby registry on amazon.
Exactly the same for me, this is my 3rd BOY and everyone keeps asking if I'm having a shower, I have to admit, I don't have that much stuff because after my 7 year old son was born I got rid of most of the stuff so now I'm down to zero, but I'll just end up buying my own stuff and if anyone wants to give me anything they are welcome to.
January 23rd, 2014, 07:08 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will have a "Welcome Baby" party once the baby is born. We are moving 2 months before he's due, so I won't have any friends near by anyway. After he's born, my family will come out to see me and the baby. My family always comes baring gifts, but it's usually clothes and keepsakes sort of stuff.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 24th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
I will be having one. I will need it. I almost had a come apart knowing I'll need 4 car seats at some point (2 for each car) holy moly. But I've been to showers and sprinkles galore over the years so I for sure will be having one.
Earthy.Mama likes this.
January 24th, 2014, 10:23 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
I will be having one. My bestie, the event planner, will be doing all the work. LOL

I don't think I will have one for the second one, simply because I think its in poor taste to have one if you already have kids...unless they are over 5 years old.

I mostly just expect folks to shower us with clothes and diapers and wipes and bottles. All the big ticket items will probably come from the grandparents or we'll buy them ourselves.

I do know this one will be for the men and women.

My baby boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search