How do you feel about this pregnancy?

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By VallyD
  • 2 Post By razorbackmom
  • 1 Post By RhiettaP
  • 2 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 1 Post By gypsystar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I have always loved everything about pregnancy and birth, so each one I've felt awesome, but there is just something during this pregnancy that's different.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm a bit older now, or... what, I have no idea, but I just feel different this pregnancy, like it's completely different and all new again, if that makes sense?

My last two labors I acted essentially the same, very quiet and collected, I just zoned out and it was easy. I've had a very different visual of how this labor is going to go...vastly different, but still awesome, than the others.

Anyone else? How are you feeling about this pregnancy?

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 27th, 2014, 03:37 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's way different, for sure.

It has been calmer (since after the initial shock wore off).

What has been absolutely life changing about this pregnancy is that I had to quit anxiety medications I've been on for years. In the beginning this was so horrible and tougher than I let on to anyone, but I did it and white knuckled through it. After that was over I have felt this kind of peace I have not had in years UN MEDICATED and I have not had a panic attack or anxiety that would make me usually take medication in so long I forgot the last time. It's really been eye opening to my Dr, and if all goes well after delivery I wont be going back on any medication for it <3

I am feeling good this time around and I am not terrified like I was almost six years ago when I was pregnant with my son. I also have the support of my husband, when I was pregnant before things were very unsure and rocky with my child's father. If my weight stays in line, this pregnancy will be pretty much perfect.
January 27th, 2014, 03:56 PM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel almost the same as I did with my first pregnancy but a lot calmer this time around. I don't worry near as much and I am feeling the baby move so much right now that it keeps me smiling. I had a very easy pregnancy (physically) with DD up until I developed HELLP at 37 weeks, delivery was easy but stressful at some points.

Emotionally I can say this pregnancy is better so far. I am far less stressed as DH and I get along great most days and he is in Daddy mode already this time around. I also lost my dad at 7 months pregnant with Ry and the day of my baby shower in my last month I lost my grandfather so of course that took a huge toll on my mental well being. I was left to plan my father's funeral on behalf of myself and my 6 year old sister alone since he was divorced. We also had to go to court against his ex-wife the day of his visitation and she didn't allow the little sister to come to the funeral with me. I have never been so stressed in my life and to top it off I was big pregnant in July.

I foresee this pregnancy being so much calmer and happier, especially since I now have DD to experience life with.
Earthy.Mama and VallyD like this.

January 27th, 2014, 04:00 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always loved being pregnant....even in the beginning when I was so tired and puking 24/7....I love being pregnant. I don't enjoy the worry that comes along with it (I worry about my uterus...not so much the baby).....this is potentially my last (supposed to be...haven't had the conversation with my husband yet....lol...)...I'm enjoying it!
VallyD likes this.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 27th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling terrified but most of my fears come from having three children 4 and under and the idea that we are going to be outnumbered. I guess I didn't give it a ton of thought before getting pregnant. I go back and forth between being really happy over being pregnant and another baby to feeling nervous and maybe even a little regretful. I HATE that I feel that way and I know I will be nothing but happy with this little addition but honestly I am kind of scared sh!tles a lot.
Earthy.Mama and VallyD like this.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
January 27th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Brandi0099's Avatar Veteran
Im feeling really nervous this time around. I feel like me an DF jumped into having another baby way to soon. DD is only 2, will be 3 when the baby gets here and I feel extremely guilty for having another baby so soon and not letting DD get enough time of being "the baby" if that makes any sense. I want more time to love and spoil her and in a few months she is going to get put on back burner because the baby will be getting a lot of attention. Im so scared she will resent the baby because of this. Argh.. Im not sure how to feel about it. Now that the baby is moving around and kicking a lot I'm getting a little more excited but I'm really not looking forward to having another baby around the house yet.. I feel like Im still taking care of my baby with DD. something has to be wrong with me. LOL
January 27th, 2014, 06:07 PM
CanadianMom2B's Avatar Super Mommy
This is our first and i feel over the moon with joy. We tried for 2 years so this has been like a miracle baby. Hormonally its been great i'm just so filled with joy that im constantly laughing

January 27th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like it's a miracle Now that I am past the first trimester nausea I'm feeling pretty good and so excited to meet this baby! In my prior pregnancies I loved being pregnant so much and wanted it to last longer than 9 months (I know, I'm weird), but this time I'm not trying to rush it by, but I do feel more excited to meet this baby than our others. Maybe because this is a vasectomy reversal baby and it wasn't an easy road to get pregnant. Not sure the reason, but just super excited!

January 27th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Super Mommy
I am thrilled to finally be pregnant! I will admit though that I do get times that I am very nervous about raising a child of my own instead of foster children. I also worry about the turbulance this pregnancy is putting on my relationship with DH. I know everything will work out just fine but I still worry. So far the pregnancy has been really easy and I am hoping it stays that way!

3/28/13- 6 weeks
January 27th, 2014, 06:42 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
I was overjoyed when I found out I was pregnant. But so far I find the whole process (up to this point) a bit boring. I don't feel pregnant, nor do I find any attatchment to the baby. I feel bad too, like what kind of mom feels that way?

January 27th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm thrilled to be pregnant. Like Alison this baby is a vasectomy reversal baby and is really longed for. I'm so thankful that not only did God change my husbands heart so he'd have the surgery but it worked on the very first cycle.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

January 27th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Super Mommy
I am very happy but it has been surreal. I have way more stress with this pregnancy than with my last because of our move from family and having to take my very crazy toddler to every single appointment with me. There is also another circumstance where my husband will be gone for the first 8-10 months of this baby's life, so that part is hard for both of us and makes it harder for him to be happy about it I think since he will be missing so much
January 28th, 2014, 07:28 AM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had a lot of emotions about this baby. It was definitely unplanned and a big surprise. I feel guilty for ousting Lucius out his "youngest" spot so soon. I'm a bit disappointed to having a 5th boy - I know I'll love him to bits - I already feel much more bonded with him after picking a name but I was feeling fairly sure this was a girl.

Physically this pregnancy has been much more similar to my first 3 pregnancies - I barely feel pregnant most of the time. With my last 2 I had a lot of discomfort.

I'm sad because this is definitely my last - I'll either be getting a tubal or dh a vasectomy - still haven't settled. I'm also excited for this to be my last and to stop expanding our family and just raising it and enjoying all the parts of life that happen as you exit the "baby phase". I had little itty bitties for so long I'm not sure what to expect but I'm ready! I've never really felt ready for that before so its' new to me. I've always thought - maybe one day - just one more -- but no definitely not this time. Final score 5 boys - 1 girl and one tired mama!
ZeeWP likes this.

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search