This or That Thursday

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ZeeWP
  • 1 Post By CanadianMom2B
  • 2 Post By colette20
  • 1 Post By colette20

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2014, 04:11 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
I forgot I volunteered for this. So are you for trendy/purse looking diaper bags, or traditional pink/blue "looks like a diaper bag" diaper bag?
VallyD likes this.

March 13th, 2014, 04:33 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I let Dad pick out the bag, like a "Man Bag" or a "Dad Bag". Dads get to pick out very few things and when I am out with Dad and baby I tend to make Dad hold the bag anyway while I look for stuff or just to get it out of my way. I did this with my first son's father and now with my husband. I was shocked at how excited both of them got about picking out their bag, it doesn't bother me not to have a prissy girly bag I appreciate function over looks on this one. Here are the two I have had.

First one isn't as good as the second one, this first one is Dad Gear.

The second one is nice because it has a list on the top flap of everything that needs to go into a diaper bag for the day so Dad doesn't have to ask and wont forget anything!

It's by Diaper Dude.

March 13th, 2014, 04:41 PM
CanadianMom2B's Avatar Super Mommy
Funny enough I've been looking at the daddy diaper bags to, because they seem more functional and I know DH won't give me any flack about carrying it around. I think I should let DF pick out his own.
VallyD likes this.

March 13th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The bag we're using is a sport utility? by Thirtyone that is black. It's a regular bag, not an actual diaper bag. It doesn't snap or zip closed.
March 13th, 2014, 09:24 PM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottts View Post
The bag we're using is a sport utility? by Thirtyone that is black. It's a regular bag, not an actual diaper bag. It doesn't snap or zip closed.

We use ThirtyOne bags for our diaper bags as well. The print we picked out for baby girl is more like a traditional diaper bag. But, we have them personalized with baby's name, so DF has no issues carrying around a diaper bag looking bag.

This is the bag we're getting this time, in citrus Medallion, island damask, or plum blossom - Not totally sure yet.
http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/catalo.../22/swid/917a/
VallyD and Spottts like this.

Last edited by colette20; March 13th, 2014 at 09:34 PM.
March 14th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
We used a brown/pink girlie one with both girls, not sure what we're doing this time.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

March 14th, 2014, 08:06 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
I'm asking for 2 kinds as gifts at the baby shower. I saw a backpack style bag that I think would be good for BF. Then the regular one with all the colors and such for me.

My baby boy!

March 14th, 2014, 09:44 AM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
For myself something trendy. For my DH probably something more daddy like

March 14th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Veteran
Ha. DH volunteered to get me a diaper bag with the first, so I showed him some cute looking diaper bags that I thought were cute. Come Christmas, he went out with his dad to get a bag and came back with this:http://www.toysrus.com/buy/totes/edd...49-11838319ugh. He was so proud of how many pockets it has. Sooooo not my style. But the pockets were practical. Hoping that mayyyybe I will find a good deal on something cuter. My dream bag is way out of my price range:designer diaper bags - nylon stripe stevie baby bag
March 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colette20 View Post
We use ThirtyOne bags for our diaper bags as well. The print we picked out for baby girl is more like a traditional diaper bag. But, we have them personalized with baby's name, so DF has no issues carrying around a diaper bag looking bag.
This is the one we got. DH will have the baby during the day so I wanted something he wouldn't mind using. I got an "S" on it for our last name to make the bag a little less plain.

Organizing Utility Tote | Thirty-One Gifts
March 14th, 2014, 07:28 PM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't decided for sure, but I very much want a coach diaper bag. I need something that SO will carry too so I may not spend the $$ on it

March 14th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I prefer a backpack utility style or a utility messenger bag.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

March 15th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Quote:
This is the one we got. DH will have the baby during the day so I wanted something he wouldn't mind using. I got an "S" on it for our last name to make the bag a little less plain.

Organizing Utility Tote | Thirty-One Gifts
We have that one for Zane, it has his name on it, so we're getting a new one this time. I like that the new catalog has the zipper top option.

When we go on day long outtings or to Grandma's, we use a bigger 31 bag to haul more.
Large Utility Tote in Bold Bloom | Thirty-One Gifts

March 15th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colette20 View Post
We have that one for Zane, it has his name on it, so we're getting a new one this time. I like that the new catalog has the zipper top option.

When we go on day long outtings or to Grandma's, we use a bigger 31 bag to haul more.
Large Utility Tote in Bold Bloom | Thirty-One Gifts
Oooooo, a zipper top! I want that! I ordered this one back in Oct or Nov.

I got the medium utility in the black and white circles. It's still in the plastic wrap waiting for us to take a trip.
March 15th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Oooooo, a zipper top! I want that! I ordered this one back in Oct or Nov.

I got the medium utility in the black and white circles. It's still in the plastic wrap waiting for us to take a trip.

Zane's bag is the dots as well. I am still undecided about little girls pattern. We'll order once she's born so we can get her name on it, but I LOVE that it has a zipper top now.
Spottts likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search