This or That Thursday

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By CanadianMom2B
  • 1 Post By razorbackmom
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 2 Post By laleighpop
  • 1 Post By Spottts
  • 3 Post By missm0011
  • 1 Post By whisperwish

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2014, 09:19 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Buying baby products... Would you rather:

Buy stuff as they go on sale, slowly through the 9 months...

OR

Buy stuff all the way at the end using some big discount, like the registry discounts?

I thought I was going to buy things at the end in June... using the big registry discounts, but found some stuff that either a) is more on sale now than the registry discount would be or b) is going out of stock or something and I want to have it before they run out!

March 20th, 2014, 09:53 AM
CanadianMom2B's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm going with buy the little stuff as they go on sale so that I don't take the hit all at once and feel like I'm accomplishing something. AND a wait until the end and take the big registry discount on the big stuff at the end so it's not yet taking over me house.
ZeeWP likes this.

March 20th, 2014, 10:00 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I will buy a bunch of stuff next month after my yard sale and then again right before babe gets here. And probably again right after he is here lol
ZeeWP likes this.

March 20th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Gradually! I've been buying baby clothes each week on sale at the store or thrift stores and we bought our first package of diapers last night
ZeeWP likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

March 20th, 2014, 10:36 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far we have been waiting for #1 - to go through all the hand-me-downs from my friend that I am hoping to bring the rest of it all home this weekend and #2 the baby shower in May since DH's mom and gma are wanting to do something big for us, there wont be much left on the registry after this weekends haul so I am trying to leave things like bedding and crib for the registry.
Spottts and ZeeWP like this.

March 20th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first option fits best although most of the baby stuff will be used if I can find it that way, from family or from a store. If I find an awesome deal I may go ahead and buy it new though.

We're going to my brother's house tonight so I'll find out what baby stuff they have left and see if I can borrow it.
ZeeWP likes this.
March 20th, 2014, 11:36 AM
missm0011's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah, every time we go into it thinking we will buy as we go along, but it never fails, a month before the baby arrives it's like 'crap, where is this baby going to sleep???' I'd like to say it is a strategy, but mostly procrastination. Luckily we have most the essentials from the last baby and the more kids we have, the less I feel like we need. So less to buy at the end anyway.
Spottts, ZeeWP and KDeats like this.

March 20th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
We have been buying things gradually, we are set on clothes and cloth diapers now, we will wait to buy any of the other stuff until after our baby shower in may.
ZeeWP likes this.

3/28/13- 6 weeks
March 20th, 2014, 02:30 PM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
Ugh! I need to get on the ball with this. I STILL have bought absolutely nothing. I think its because of the fact that while the outfits are so super cute, I am intimidated by all the choices and sizes and just plain not knowing where to begin. Not to mention the fact that I didn't want to start buying stuff until we finally moved because I really don't have room for any extra stuff right now.

My baby boy!

March 20th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Super Mommy
Gradually. I have one more car seat (but waiting for baby shower) to. Uh and then getting the furniture ordered this weekend. But I'm sure there will be an oh shoot moment
March 20th, 2014, 04:00 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I've bought lots of stuff, as I see deals. I'm a big deal shopper
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
March 21st, 2014, 03:42 PM
chihuahuaesque's Avatar Super Mommy
I buy stuff as I go, as I find deals. I bought my cosleeper a couple of months ago because it was on a great sale. I have most of her clothing (thanks to my mom and finding stuff as I went shopping). I'm going to start looking more closely at the bigger items I need now, since it's actually getting close to her due date.

March 21st, 2014, 05:54 PM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
Seeing as how I have not bought much, I guess I will get things with registry discount.

Last edited by lea23; March 21st, 2014 at 06:21 PM.
March 22nd, 2014, 02:33 AM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm buying things slowly because to buy everything at once would be super expensive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search