What is your bedtime routine?

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By mstee511
  • 1 Post By laleighpop
  • 2 Post By Erin.Berg
  • 3 Post By KDeats
  • 1 Post By Bluesstarz2
  • 1 Post By *~Amber~*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Curious how y'all put yourself to some zzzzzzzzzzzz's at night.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 6th, 2014, 08:37 PM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sleep what is THAT? lol. I have been so deprived lately! I usually am last to bed, so I very quietly sneak into the room, try to wrangle my cumbersome preggy pillow into place, and try to figure out which side is less painful. I miss sleep!

May 6th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy related insomnia stress bodily pains that i wish were for other short term related issues and kids who refuse to get up at decent times causes my sleep to be short lived and craptastic.

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

May 7th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to read until I was tired but that stopped working. Not getting tired.

I've started taking Tylenol PM some nights. It's on the list of approved meds to use for insomnia. It helps me fall asleep but the sleep doesn't last. E woke me up because her stomach hurt. Then I had to use the bathroom myself and was hungry so I couldn't fall back asleep. I got up to eat. Now it's 4 o"clock in the morning and I get up for work in 2 hours. I'm stretched out, hoping it will help me feel tired so I can sleep.

I want sleep!
May 7th, 2014, 06:08 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
I just shower, get in bed and shut my eyes..LOL That usually does the trick. Sometimes I'm too tired to shower so I just strip and get in bed. Usually I'm out in about 10 mins time.

Doesn't take much for me to get to sleep these days.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

My baby boy!

May 7th, 2014, 07:02 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottts View Post
I used to read until I was tired but that stopped working. Not getting tired.

I've started taking Tylenol PM some nights. It's on the list of approved meds to use for insomnia. It helps me fall asleep but the sleep doesn't last. E woke me up because her stomach hurt. Then I had to use the bathroom myself and was hungry so I couldn't fall back asleep. I got up to eat. Now it's 4 o"clock in the morning and I get up for work in 2 hours. I'm stretched out, hoping it will help me feel tired so I can sleep.

I want sleep!

Please take Benadryl if you do not have a need for the Tylenol... we had a friend of the family use Tylenol PM for years as a sleep aid and died on the table during his colonoscopy/endoscopy because of liver failure due to overuse of Tylenol. Tylenol PM active ingredients are Tylenol + Benadryl. You can skip the acetaminophen and use just Benadryl (diphenhydramine HCl) for the sleep aid. You will find the same active ingredient in the same 25-50mg doses in generic "Allergy Medications" and generic "Sleep Aids". Even the "new" heavily marketed sleep aid from Nyquil - Zzzquil is just plain Benadryl.

-----------

I don't have a routine as our schedule has been so random the last few weeks. DH usually stays up later than me and depending on if "baby" wants to cuddle him or not, I will either fall asleep on the couch or just go to bed and watch my own TV shows.

I wake up at night, but I have always done that. Its not because I need to pee or anything but I usually decide to get a drink, go to the bathroom, adjust the A/C and check the locks as DH often forgets to lock the doors before passing out. The awesome part about being pregnant is being able to go back to sleep afterwards
VallyD likes this.

May 7th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH insists on watching the 10 o'clock news every night even though he falls asleep by 10:07 on the couch . So I let the dog out, wake DH up to go upstairs, bring the dog in, double check the locks, hit the lights, brush my teeth and lay there for like 30 minutes while the dog and DH alternate snoring patterns. A girl's dream really...
mstee511 and laleighpop like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 7th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Super Mommy
I Pee and pee and pee again. Then progesterone insert fall asleep in 30 min, wake up in 2-3 hrs pee, go back to sleep wake up in 2-3 hrs eat a snack try to go back to sleep stare for a while for about an hour, wake up again in an hour. Sleep is a missed love. First thing I'm going to do when I have the babies is sleep on my back!!!
Spottts, mstee511 and laleighpop like this.
May 7th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually take a bath, watch some tv and lay down. Our house has to be like an ice box and my box fan has to be on for noise.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

May 7th, 2014, 11:29 AM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My house has to be freezing cold as well. I usually take my laptop to bed, which you aren't supposed to do but I have insomnia so bad and laying there wide awake drives me absolutely BONKERS. Sometimes I fall asleep quickly and sometimes I am up all night. I have always had issues with sleeping at the "right" times, however, so it's nothing new. It is much more frustrating pregnant though.
May 7th, 2014, 11:46 AM
missm0011's Avatar Super Mommy
Between staying up way too late to get stuff done and getting up way too early to keep it all from being undone, all I really need to do is lay down and close my eyes. If it's quiet for more than 2 minutes, I'm out, no matter where I am lol. But that's the tricky part, because it's never quiet!

May 7th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If DH is home, we put the kids to bed at 8 and if I'm especially tired I go into the bedroom and get ready for bed (change my clothes , wash my face, brush teeth etc.....) I will watch a 1/2-1hr of tv then I shut it all off and roll over and hope I fall asleep before DH starts snoring.
KDeats likes this.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

May 7th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I watch a tv show with my girls to bed if they're still awake (we like Lost or Man Vs Wild), if they're asleep I'll watch something else until I drift off to sleep. I go to bed from anywhere between 9pm and 1am.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 7th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laleighpop View Post
Please take Benadryl if you do not have a need for the Tylenol... we had a friend of the family use Tylenol PM for years as a sleep aid and died on the table during his colonoscopy/endoscopy because of liver failure due to overuse of Tylenol. Tylenol PM active ingredients are Tylenol + Benadryl. You can skip the acetaminophen and use just Benadryl (diphenhydramine HCl) for the sleep aid. You will find the same active ingredient in the same 25-50mg doses in generic "Allergy Medications" and generic "Sleep Aids". Even the "new" heavily marketed sleep aid from Nyquil - Zzzquil is just plain Benadryl.
Thanks for the warning. I've only taken it a handful of times so far. I have an OB appointment tomorrow so I'll ask what to take instead now. I already take Zyrtec daily, an antihistamine, which is what Benadryl is so I doubt I should be taking that much. Only 1 pill of the Benadryl doesn't make me sleepy, either.

With the twins, I ended up taking Ambien while I was an inpatient for preterm labor. My sleep was so bad the nurses talked to the OB about me needing the meds. It only worked for a few days. I hope I don't need something like that this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search