Hello. :) Hope you don't mind if I stop by to ask a question

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lav

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2014, 05:53 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there. My name is Cecilia and I am not a member of your DDC although I have been an active member of JM in the past. I am due July 20 although I believe that my baby will come around early July. Just so busy this time around that I never found the chance to officially join this DDC.

I had a question and wanted to see if anyone could relate. I am around 33.5 weeks with baby number three and I swear that baby dropped as of yesterday. I feel kicking much lower, head constantly hitting cervix and causing sharp pains, relief from indigestion, and several BH contractions throughout the day yesterday and this morning. Wondering if any of you have noticed lightening yet? Is it anything to be concerned about at this stage. I honestly can't remember when babies dropped in my other two pregnancies. My two other children showed up at 38 weeks, 2 days and 37 weeks 5 days. I am wondering if this one may be trying to debut a little earlier.

Anyways, thanks for reading and look forward to any comments from any of you ladies.
June 6th, 2014, 06:19 AM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
Im a FTM so my knowledge is based on what I learned in class not experience,

That said, I was told with your first lightening can occur anywhere from 2-4 weeks prior to birth. With subsequent pregnancies lightening would occur a few days before...

Keep in mind that this is just book info and that every woman is different and so is every pregnancy

June 6th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Yeah I guess that is what concerned me hearing that baby doesn't usually drop until right before delivery with subsequent pregnancies. I wish I could remember when that happened for me with baby number 2. Thank you.
June 6th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Just got off the phone with my doctors office and they didn't seem too concerned about it. They asked if I was leaking fluid or had any vaginal bleeding which I don't and so they just said to keep them posted on whether anything worsens or what not. So, I guess it's just a wait and see game. I am curious to know how many of you have also experienced this thus far since we are all at about the same point.
June 6th, 2014, 09:37 AM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
This is baby #3 for me and I never really noticed my first dropping, my second dropped about 2 weeks before he was born and this little lady has dropped as of last week. I'm on bedrest so I'm hoping that helps her stay in at least 2 more weeks

June 6th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The only way I was able to tell my first had dropped was seeing the difference on my weekly belly pics. It was, as far as I remember, no more than a week before she came though.
Both my first baby and this one have been/are very low. Both like staying head down and really dancing around on my cervix--this one, I swear, likes to hit my butt hole too!
hoping and waiting likes this.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
June 6th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Same here with the butt! Feels so weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casslou1 View Post
This is baby #3 for me and I never really noticed my first dropping, my second dropped about 2 weeks before he was born and this little lady has dropped as of last week. I'm on bedrest so I'm hoping that helps her stay in at least 2 more weeks

Oh only two weeks before! Oh goodness! Really hope our little ones stay put longer than that. Hang in there with the bedrest. Sure it's not easy with two other kiddos at home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search