TMI Warning! Question for BTDT moms...

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By razorbackmom
  • 1 Post By razzledobe
  • 1 Post By Spottts

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2014, 10:47 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok mommas, although this is not my first child I have no idea what it is like to go into labor naturally. I was induced with my first and never felt a contraction one because I was really really sick so the pain from liver failure outweighed the contraction pain and then boom I had an epidural and never felt a twinge after that.

Not sure what that has to do with this post but that just goes to show my lack of labor experience lol. I seen my doctor on Thursday and everything was fine, he didn't do a cervical check but checked the protein in my urine and my iron. Everything looked great and baby is head down. Since then I have had diarrhea every day and my hands are swelling like they have never done before. I woke up yesterday morning and couldn't even close my hands from the pain and swelling. I just have a general feeling of being unwell and that is super unusual for me.

I have read that these can both be a sign of coming labor, any other mommas experience anything similar with previous pregnancies? How long after these symptoms arose did you go into labor?
ZeeWP likes this.

June 16th, 2014, 11:06 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would think if it were a sign, then you could be having baby this week but the swelling is a bit alarming. I would be concerned about it and maybe call the doc to do some follow up just in case you have since started showing signs of preeclampsia.
But, you just might be headed in to have that baby sooner than you think! I hope everything is OK!

June 16th, 2014, 11:20 AM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
It could also be a sign of preeclampsia. I have never experienced swelling before labor but would call your doctor either way.

June 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would call the doc. They might want to see you to rule out preeclampsia just to be safe

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 16th, 2014, 11:38 AM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
i've had the same symptoms and swelling this late in the game in the hands and feet can be normally but of course always give a call to your doctor to rule out anything potentially dangerous. It certainly cannot hurt.
Earthy.Mama likes this.
June 16th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Veteran
I would also check with the doc. Swelling can be normal, but it can also be a sign of pre-eclampsia which is really dangerous. Best to rule it out.
June 16th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having loose BM happened with my 2nd pregnancy between contractions. The contractions were 3-4 minutes apart. I was totally afraid I was going to give birth on the toilet! I called the hospital right after that.

With the swelling and general unwell feeling I'd call the doctor or at least go to a place and get your blood pressure taken. If it's high definitely call the doctor.

I went to the OB this morning and was reminded that pre-e can come on fast. Women sometimes complain they were just feeling not well the week before the preeclampsia is found. I was feeling nauseated and dizzy (but no vision) but felt better after I rested at the office. My bp was borderline and no protein in urine. If I start vomiting I should either go back to their office or another place to see if my bp has gone too high. As I was leaving my fav doc told me he's on call tonight and to call if I don't feel well.
razorbackmom likes this.
June 16th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Any chance your dehydrated from the diarrhea?
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

June 16th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I'm having the same symptoms (for a week now). Only slight swelling. It can be normal, but of course, just to rule out pre-e call the doc. It's most likely nothing though.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

June 16th, 2014, 05:08 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Ditto everyone else - gotta rule out preeclampsia.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
June 16th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
So my cat jumped up on my legs and when she moved there was a VERY noticeable paw print. I guess I'm swelling more than I thought, yikes! Will have to let the ladies know at my next appt.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

June 17th, 2014, 07:52 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
My swelling is so much better, still there but it is coming and going. I am definitely going to run all these symptoms by my OB on Thursday. I had a form of pre-e with DD called HELLP syndrome so my doc is really trying to keep a close eye on my symptoms.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search