Colette20/Nikki

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got a message that she is heading in to get monitored. She's having contractions with decels. Hopefully everything is ok and she will get to go home and make it to her section date on Tuesday. I'll let you all know if I hear anything else or I'm sure she will update as she is able.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
July 10th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Thank you for the update, I hope everything turns out perfectly!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

July 10th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Veteran
hope all is well and turns out ok
July 10th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping everything is okay! KUP!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 10th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Veteran
Hoping all is well!
July 10th, 2014, 05:18 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you hope all stays ok
July 10th, 2014, 05:19 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Thinking of you Nikki!

July 10th, 2014, 05:34 PM
brookes630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope everything is OK.

July 10th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well my Dr is intrigued by the regular contractions @ 3-4 minutes and they are apparently "decent" strength. So, we're trying see if there are cervical changes over the next four hours on my own. Then we'll talk options. So I'm here for a while at least! I can't even feel these contractions! She thinks I should be able to, so the ones I've felt before must be stronger than I think... So she's wanting to watch for patterns in this officially titled "dysfunctional labor"... So I'll let you know how it goes! Lol

^latest update c&p

July 10th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything goes okay!

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
July 10th, 2014, 07:52 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
"Dysfunctional labor", huh?
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 10th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Open, cervix, open!

July 10th, 2014, 09:56 PM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dysfunctional labor is the actual medical diagnosis... Basically contractions don't do what they're supposed to.... Like dilate my dang cervix. Still stuck at one. The docs are discussing possible game plans.... They really are pushing for trying a vbac. Would be nice... But I know it's not likely. So if we start screwing around, I'm "trapped", and would be commited to delivery - which would likely be surgery, knowing my history. I think I would rather go home and wait it out..... As much as I'm ready, I would rather be fully ready and come back Tuesday. Ugh. I'm so tired and in pain. I'll let you guys know what happens

July 10th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about your pain. And sorry about your silly contractions. I really hope baby comes soon, I think your body is done.

July 11th, 2014, 12:45 AM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Darn! I hope you are able to get some rest & relief! Hang in there girl!

July 11th, 2014, 01:54 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man. Hope you can rest up and then have this baby quickly here soon.
July 11th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I hope you can get some rest, Nikki!

July 11th, 2014, 10:13 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Rachel for being my go between!!

Another sleepless night here. I am home now, and exhausted. Thank goodness today is DF's last day at work before 5 weeks off.

I hate hospital docs. I was incredibly frustrated with that whole experience. The doctor in charge was surrounded by "residents". I am assuming it was their first week, because they were so nervous and you could literally see fear in their eyes. I normally have a no resident rule, but for the ultrasound and such, I was fine with it (secretly kinda glad, because they take soooo much time with the u/s and I just love seeing her and knowing she ok while physically seeing her.)

I did draw the line when the doctor in charge tried sending them in for checks and such. The Dr seemed annoyed, but the charge nurse agreed that with my several health issues, past complications, and being in a dysfunctional labor, dealing with one doctor (and the actual doctor) was the best thing for me.

I was in dyfunctional labor with Zane for 3-4 days before my water broke with him, and even then my labor did not change, so they typical "This is IT" signs, do not apply to me. The only reason I even went in with Zane was because I felt "off".

My regular OB knows I am freakishly in tune with my body and works with that, WITH me. Hospital docs have this "you don't know jack" attitude, and I hate it. I was spying over the hospital docs shoulder when she was reading the physicians note from my regular OB, it even states "Patient can read her body extremely well, and is very knowledgeable about changes within her body. Establish communication with patient and she will be able to tell you quite accurately what is going on."

The hospital doc was VERY pro vbac and kept pushing pitocin. I too would hope against hope (and knowing my body) for a vbac, but am realistic, and know my body does NOT react well when pushed. I was not willing to start the cycle of pitocin (which I had trouble tolerating last time) bcause I know that eventually THEY get impatient and want to break your water, then you're trapped. You are commited to some sort of delivery and emergency surgery is the worst case scenario for baby and myself medically. (all 3 high risk doctors have stated that several time through out this whole pregnancy)

I decided my body will progress on its own if its going to happen, and if not, I have everything set for the surgery tuesday with MY doctor, who I trust and who has been prepping for this with ALL the knowledge of my medical history in mind.

Trust me, I was tempted. Very tempted to try and labor with help, because I do feel soooo done, and a vbac would be a dream come true. Being stuck in this cycle of ineffective contractions is physcially and mentally exhausting. But, I also know that the decision wasn't right for me or baby, given my history.

So, I am hoping my body surprises me and starts things on its own. I am not holding out for that, and focusing on tuesday's surgery.

As far as baby goes, she does have random decels, but they are with very strong contractions, which is normal. I am paying close attention to kick counts and patterns. They didn't seem at all worried about her, her fluid level is great (but I do have a "bulge" of water on the cervix side of baby, so I am watching closely for rupture as well) and she was making all sorts of crazy movements during each u/s.

So here I am. Exhausted. Frustrated. But know I need to do what is best for her and myself.

This weekend needs to fly by.

Last edited by colette20; July 11th, 2014 at 10:19 AM.
July 11th, 2014, 11:59 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
It sounds like you made the best decision for yourself and baby.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 11th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a lot on your plate! I'm glad she is doing well and I hope these next couple of days fly for you. Not much longer! I would love to go into labor and have a baby Tuesday with you. It's my sisters birthday and DH is off that day. It would work well for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search