How are the dads adjusting? Siblings?

Forum: July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Spottts
  • 3 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 2 Post By ZeeWP

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2014, 06:31 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are the dads adjusting to a new baby?

This is DH's first time dealing with a newborn. He'd changed a few wet diapers of his niece born 6 months ago but never a dirty diaper.

He is so cute about it! He'll jump in and change diapers, no need to ask him. He was amazed at how you have to get into folds and can push down harder than a feather weight. He uses twice as many wipes as I do. Lol.

DH is also already ready for another baby!

How are the siblings?

The girls were a little jealous the first week and a half but they've gotten used to sharing now I think. DH will take just them to do things while I stay at home with baby.

They really want to help but Penelope is still so little they don't get to do much. We have them write down feeding times times and get blankets some. All 3 know how to put the pacifier back in her mouth!
Earthy.Mama and ZeeWP like this.
July 22nd, 2014, 07:36 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Josh was absolutely stunned/proud that he has a boy, he cried and just held him after he was born until I asked for him lol, he even put on Lyren's first diaper. He holds Lyren if I need him too or if I'm busy and he starts fussing. DH just made a joke tonight (TO Lyren as he's holding him) about how he knows Lyren just wants mommy but mommy is busy and he's going to cry whether in the bouncer or daddy's arms so why doesn't he just want the bounce since it's squishier? LMAO!!

He has taken to a newborn son faster than he did to the girls, it's cute. I don't think he ever thought he'd have a son, he's so happy.

Kailey is great, she doesn't like Lyren crying, she stops what she's doing to help out and make him happy.

Nola is having a hard time, she is not adjusting well (and Kailey never adjusted to Nola very well either) and I'm trying to spend as much time with Nola as possible to help her through the transition ♥
Spottts, ZeeWP and CanadianMom2B like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

July 23rd, 2014, 09:18 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
From the moment Verity was born, my dh has been the perfect dad. He does everything except breastfeeding, lol. He talks to her, sleeps with her on his chest, changes her diaper, etc. Both Verity and I are extremely lucky.
Earthy.Mama and Spottts like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search