GTKY: Hobby Lobby

Forum: **NEW** July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 11:57 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was without internet and tv over night, (and our 3g out here blows)

So I had to occupy myself elsewhere, as apparently I am way more reliant on tv/internet than I thought I was.

So, this brought a GTNY question in mind..... What are your hobbies? I think we've touched on it before, but it's always fun to see what other ladies do for fun.

I am a crafty crafter, I will try anything once. I knit, crochet, and find random things on pinterest I think I can accomplish. I love creating new things!

I love to coupon (that counts as a hobby right?) if we leave a store without saving at least 50%, I feel like I failed.

I also love to read, when I ever have 5 minutes to myself!
razzledobe and Spottts like this.

Last edited by colette20; January 22nd, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
January 22nd, 2014, 12:23 PM
Super Mommy
I love to walk, read ( not gonna lie, I love a good romance novel!) Bake, and right now, I am researching things to sew for baby ( bibs, wipes, car seat covers etc...)
razzledobe and Spottts like this.

3/28/13- 6 weeks
January 22nd, 2014, 12:31 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Going to pick up knitting soon, tried crochet and couldn't get past the simple steps and youtube vids weren't helping. Hopefully knitting goes better.

I like to read, I love Nora Roberts...

Bonfires, being outside, camping but that's not an every day thing. My new one this year will be major gardening for us to live off it until next season, so I'll be learning canning etc...
Spottts likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2014, 12:37 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like to read sci-fi and fantasy novels. I'm a huge nerd, I like comic books, card games like Magic: The Gathering, I used to play Dungeons and Dragons tabletop RPG a lot but since we moved out in the middle of nowhere we have no one to play with lol.

I was a dancer for most of my life in competitions, all styles of dance. I like to draw, I have a TON of tattoos I have my whole side tattoed from my shoulder blade down to my knee. I draw tattoo flash sometimes and my half sleeve is my original artwork to the last line.
January 22nd, 2014, 12:39 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VallyD View Post
I like to read sci-fi and fantasy novels. I'm a huge nerd, I like comic books, card games like Magic: The Gathering, I used to play Dungeons and Dragons tabletop RPG a lot but since we moved out in the middle of nowhere we have no one to play with lol.

I was a dancer for most of my life in competitions, all styles of dance. I like to draw, I have a TON of tattoos I have my whole side tattoed from my shoulder blade down to my knee. I draw tattoo flash sometimes and my half sleeve is my original artwork to the last line.
Pics or I don't believe you.

Ok, I do believe you, but I would really like to see your tats, I think they're cool!
RhiettaP and VallyD like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2014, 12:53 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Big reader here!! I read alot!! I like to write also, wish I could make that into a career rather than a hobby!

January 22nd, 2014, 01:34 PM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
I love to read

January 22nd, 2014, 01:38 PM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
I will read all day long. I love reading. I love singing and listening to music.

I used to write years ago, I haven't had any motivation to do so in forever though.

If the weather is nice and there's nothing to do in the house, I will go out to a mall or something and window shop/try on clothes.

My baby boy!

January 22nd, 2014, 01:43 PM
CanadianMom2B's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a super crafty crafter too, I like to sew, did roman blinds in the kitchen this year. I'm pretty handy, last year I built a fence in the back yard. Plan now is I want to sew the babies bedding and curtains. I'm debating whether its too ambitious to try to install a chair rail and shadow box trim in the nursery while I'm still just contending with a tiny bump. Oh I'm also a reader, nothing substantial really usually just fluff
January 22nd, 2014, 01:52 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Quote:
I read a lot fantasy. Urban fantasy mainly. Things like dresden files lol
VallyD likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaOf2andBean
I like to be creative. I crochet, draw, paint, etc. I've even done some tattooing (though it's been a while). When I have some time to, I enjoy reading a good book.

January 22nd, 2014, 02:28 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Photography.....love photography.....been doing it for almost 12 years now...I like to read too..but trashy romance novels...lol...nothing of substance!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14

Last edited by RhiettaP; January 23rd, 2014 at 02:07 PM.
January 22nd, 2014, 02:32 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Running, photography and reading.

January 22nd, 2014, 02:49 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeenakwon View Post
I read a lot fantasy. Urban fantasy mainly. Things like dresden files lol
My husband absolutely ADORES The Dresden Files. He keeps begging me to read them swearing up and down I will love them. I might have to now lol.

I love Ender's Game, the Dragonlance series, Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, George R. R. Martin of course... husband reads a lot more than me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy.Mama View Post
Pics or I don't believe you.

Ok, I do believe you, but I would really like to see your tats, I think they're cool!

It's hard to show my side one on a public message board without showing too much lol, it's -quite- large lol
ZeeWP likes this.
January 22nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love reading. DH got me Takedown Twenty for Christmas (by Janet Evanovich) and I've read most of those in the series. The early ones are hard to find. I read the Sookie Stackhouse books except the last ones. Books in a series are my favorites. I like to "know" the characters but enjoy the single Nora Roberts, also.

I cross stitch and scrapbook, too. Scrapbooking can take up so much room! I started a cross stitch piece for baby but have been online too much, to do much of it!
January 22nd, 2014, 03:30 PM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
I love Ender's Game, the Dragonlance series, Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, George R. R. Martin of course... husband reads a lot more than me! It's hard to show my side one on a public message board without showing too much lol, it's -quite- large lol
I love Sword of Truth series, I have read the whole series multiple times
VallyD likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 04:00 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
im stoked we have so many avid readers!!! i adore reading and track my books and everything! i read over 127 books last year :-)

im jealous of you crafty pants!! i am not crafty but wish i was... sigh...

as most of u already know my big hobby is riding my beautiful dressage horse.
VallyD and ZeeWP like this.
January 22nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love to read true crime. I know I'm one of kind but it intrigues me. I also love pictures but I'm not huge into that. Other than that I'm not very crafty at all.

January 22nd, 2014, 08:51 PM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
I love to read but haven't really had the time. Lately I've been repainting my house, crocheting baby blankets (I know 3 others having babies beside me) and planning upcoming dog shows.
razzledobe likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 09:18 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
Let's see. Reading (working on the Divergent series right now), watching tv (is it strange I count that as a hobby?), cross-stitch, and I really, really really want to learn how to sew. I've got the machine and everything...just need to learn.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search