It was only a matter of time.....

Forum: **NEW** July 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By lea23
  • 2 Post By butterflydamsel
  • 3 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** July 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Veteran
"Are you sure you aren't having twins"?

Yup, positive. I'm pretty sure if ultrasounds are accurate enough to see my son's penis, then they would catch if there was another critter in there. Two months and two days to go. This is what a 3rd trimester belly looks like.

grrrrrr.

anyone else getting these comments? I made some joke about how my babies must cook fast (DS was 2 wks early and 8.5 lbs), but I couldn't help feeling a little offended.
May 6th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Yea I had a lady tell me I must be due any day now. Thanks.

One one hand, people are rude jerks.

On the other hand, I think a lot of society thinks that pregnant women like for them to make comments about how we're beautifully growing these babies and that a large belly = mama is doing a good job. Make sense? I try to only get 1/2 offended. lol

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 6th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I've gotten the twins comments. They started when I was 26 weeks along. I tried not to take it as an insult. No way was a second baby missed. But...

When I hit 29 weeks I pointed out that last time (when I did have twins) I was already on bed rest and had been admitted to the hospital 2x for overnights by 29 weeks. I also looked way larger. (Was at a different school then) That's what it took for those comments to stop. That week I had THREE different people, at different times, tell me not to go into labor on the field trip.

I'll have to post a pic at some time. I'm not that big! At least my partner teacher doesn't think I look large. Her baby turned a year old last month.
May 7th, 2014, 06:10 AM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
Not me. I'm getting the "You don't look almost 8 months pregnant!" I posted a pic on Facebook a few days back and someone told me to stand up straight and stop leaning...I really wanted to reach thru the screen.

My baby boy!

May 7th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Erin.Berg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since I started showing. My bump grew outward pretty fast and I was measuring pretty big early on. So much so that the midwives actually brought in a handheld u/s just to double check at my 16 week appointment.

I don't get the twins thing as often anymore because now people just assume I'm "ready to pop" at any second. I get several comments a week from family and strangers alike. I'm much nicer to the strangers because I know they mean well. Family should know better...

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 7th, 2014, 07:26 AM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
I have not gotten the twins comment, but from some people I am told that I am huge, and others I am told that I do not look almost 8 months pregnant. So, I guess it just depends on who is looking at me.

For the most part I am all belly so I think that has something to do with it
Spottts likes this.

May 7th, 2014, 07:28 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I had the twins comments a lot really early on because I started showing really fast but not so much now. My mom tells me 100 times everytime she sees me "OMG you are SOOOOO big!" Thank you, I am aware.

May 7th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Super Mommy
HA! I am having twins and I get the comment that "it doesn't look like you are having twins". Really what does it suppose to look like? Of course that was 4 weeks ago. The only ppl i see now are at the doctors office or friends at home but sadly i'm laying down so i don't look that big until I stand up.
I was so ready for comments and had some good comebacks but since I don't get out in public I can't use them. I'm getting /my comments ready for when my twins are hear.

i would say it made me feel better that I saw a friend at the doctors office that is 3 days ahead of me with a singleton and she was tiny. So I was like yes It does look like I'm having twins!!
May 7th, 2014, 11:52 AM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
I havent gotten the twins comment but I have gotten the 'you must be due any day now' comment. Sigh. I almost feel like i have to apologize to THEM for still having 2.5 months to go. Grrrr
May 7th, 2014, 12:12 PM
CanadianMom2B's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol because I work with men all the time they know better than to say anything about a woman's appearance. At 28 weeks I'm still letting some of my clients know I'll be off for the next year starting in about 10 weeks. You can see the dumbfoundedness all over their faces and then they clue in. I'm pretty easy going so I only half wonder if they thought I was just getting really fat

May 7th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Veteran
Ha I know people don't mean to be rude, but it makes me so sad that they think I could go into labor any day now, and actually I have to waddle around for 2 more months! Better conversation starters are out there, I am sure.
Earthy.Mama and Spottts like this.
May 7th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
We all some sexy heifers, it's alright.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 7th, 2014, 06:58 PM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Someone remarked on my last picture on fb "the bump is coming out". I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't who it was... but knowing who it was I totally know she meant it some snide fat remark of sorts lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search