nursery ideas!

Forum: August 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Jennb28
  • 2 Post By topato
  • 1 Post By CTK3989

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2014, 03:22 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
man, this board's been dead the last few days!

anyway, i've JUST started painting in darwin's room, so i'm wondering--- anyone else start their nurseries? or do you have a plan yet? what colors are you going to do? do you have a theme?
April 1st, 2014, 04:19 PM
Jennb28's Avatar Veteran
I know it's been slow!!

We are going with girly puppies...

We're a very dog friendly family and we would love for bean to grow up loving them too .

So it'll be pinks, browns... Purples and other colors.

I haven't done anything with the room.. It's actually still a spare bedroom.
KH79 and Gcarr38 like this.
April 1st, 2014, 04:39 PM
Forget Me Not's Avatar Four Boys and a girl!
i know right? I keep popping in but nothing. Im not doing a nursery. Im really bummed out. I havent been able to before and wont for my last baby. Sad face. We downsized into a small cabin and my room is also the living room. So she will be in a bassinet in the living room with me till we get an addition built. The things you do to have your own house right.

At home working mama to four little boys. Expecting our first little MISS in Late July to Early August.

April 1st, 2014, 05:11 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so, i'll explain mine:

my older son's room is lego batman themed. i did a mural for him of the gotham city skyline, complete with bat signal, in the style of van gogh. i'm really careful with my decorating-- i didn't want to lock him into a childish theme for years and years, because i have no intention to redo the room when he turns four or five. so, if he decides to get rid of all the batman stuff when he gets older, he can, and i can really easily change that bat signal into the moon. and then he has an otherwise nondescript room that has a cool painting of a generic city at night.

so, we're doing something similar for darwin-- we're going to do an aquaman theme with decor, but really, the bones of the room will be badass ocean creatures. so, the mural i started today is a HUGE orange octopus. it's brightly colored, and not babyish, at all, so i doubt he'll want to ditch it when he grows up. aquaman, maybe, but not the octopus. i mean, i have friends *my age* that totally dig octopus art.

lol, his room is a spare bedroom right now, too... and it will stay that way for a while. we live a good 4.5 hours from *all* of our relatives, so we get overnight guests all the time, and we can't really afford to lose that guest space yet. so, there's going to be a giant octopus behind a pretty normal looking queen bed and night stand for a few months! haha
Lindsey608 and KH79 like this.
April 1st, 2014, 05:14 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing monkeys. Anything green with monkeys.
KH79 likes this.

April 1st, 2014, 05:21 PM
Veteran
I don't have a bedroom for the baby in this house. We are moving in a little over a year, and then I'll start planning out a room for her. For now she just has a crib next to our bed. My fiancé chose the bedding.
April 1st, 2014, 05:49 PM
Forget Me Not's Avatar Four Boys and a girl!
Wow that sounds great!

At home working mama to four little boys. Expecting our first little MISS in Late July to Early August.

April 2nd, 2014, 08:21 AM
Veteran
We painted the nursery a bluish-green color and I bought the bedding set (jungle themed with all of the animals playing different sports), but nothing is put up yet! DH is supposed to put together the crib and all the new furniture this weekend, so once he does I'll set everything up and take a picture.
April 3rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
No nursery here either, just a pack n play next to our bed!

April 3rd, 2014, 05:31 PM
NinjaMomma's Avatar Veteran
He won't have a room to himself, but he'll have a corner of my daughters room and it will be cute monsters....https://www.etsy.com/listing/1839188...iendly-monster
April 4th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
I think we're doing a mild robot theme. Nothing too over the top, just a few robot pictures framed and some robot toys on the shelves. The room is painted a light yellow, and the curtains will be purple. (Because I already have the light-blocking curtains, and I'm not repainting that room, haha.) We're going to get a daybed with a pop-up trundle underneath for guests, we have no guest room so that will have to suffice. And someday the daybed can be her big girl bed, and the trundle good for sleepovers. I haven't started decorating at all, but I did start selling off the furniture that's in there on Craigslist- the room is a guest room right now, and it's where we stashed all the other furniture we didn't have a place for. I've made $150 so far! :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search