Maternity clothes?

Forum: Due Date Club of August 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of August 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
Is everybody in maternity clothes by now or are some still making do with your regular wardrobe?

I moved into maternity pants around 11-12 weeks because my jeans were just too uncomfortable while sitting down. Now I'm kind of annoyed because my regular tops aren't long enough to cover the panel though they are still plenty roomy.
TheHarrisBunch likes this.

February 18th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Photog mommy
I'm still in regular clothes. Don't think I will purchase maternity clothes at all since by the time I need them, it will be spring/summer. I will be living in maxi skirts and dresses.
TheHarrisBunch likes this.

Mommy to two (soon-to-be three) beautiful children
February 18th, 2014, 09:08 AM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
I'm definitely in them lol have been for a while. But being meatier than many mammas on here, the maternity is much more comfy. I'm small everywhere but my boobs and belly so regular clothes are always a pain. I can fit in smaller clothes in everything but the waist area and the chest area so I always have to buy bigger. I've been a fan of the below the tummy (non panel) maternity jeans since before I even got pregnant. They were so much more comfortable than regular jeans.
A.Sue8 and TheHarrisBunch like this.

February 18th, 2014, 09:16 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my bump keeps disappearing, so i'm in maternity one day, and in normal skinny jeans the next. ...so strange.

February 18th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maternity pants with regular tops here.
February 18th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Forget Me Not's Avatar Four Boys and a girl!
i dont need them at all yet. My waist is wider, but my pants are really stretchy apperetly. I lost 20 lbs before i got pregnant and still wear the same jeans lol. So they work just fine, and i like long shirts so they cover my bloat.

At home working mama to four little boys. Expecting our first little MISS in Late July to Early August.

February 18th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Veteran
I've been in maternity pants and shirts for a while now I had gotten so small after DD that I was down to a size 0, so my regular pants were just too uncomfortable starting around 13 weeks. The good part is that my boobs are getting big again too! Yay Haha.

February 19th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought maternity cute maternity t-shirts, but have yet to buy bottoms...I'm waiting for the capri style pants to get in to stores because I do not want to wear jeans in the summer, we are supposed to have a very hot Sahara wind summer in Europe and with no air conditioning I want to be a minimalist when it comes to clothing.

February 19th, 2014, 06:35 AM
I'm wearing a bunch of borrowed maternity clothes. Same w/ me- wearing mostly pants but all my normal shirts are too short (Doesnt help that my boobs are huge!). Don't have much of a bump but normal pants are quite uncomfortable- especially by the end of the day. Has anyone checked out Old Navy Maternity? They have some cute summery stuff
February 19th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Maternity shirts are still way too big on me. Anyone have suggestions where to look for some longer shirts or t-shirts? I'm pretty casual so nothing fancy, I just want to cover up these ugly panels! I might have to layer tanks under everything for awhile otherwise.

February 19th, 2014, 08:10 AM
lms22's Avatar Veteran
In December I couldn't button my pants anymore so I started buying maternity shirts to cover up the fact that my pants weren't buttoned. Eventually I got sick of trying to come up with various ways to hold my pants up, so I switched to maternity pants too. That required buying more maternity shirts to cover up the panel. I can't wear any of my normal clothes anymore. I'm so tall that everything becomes too short on me really quickly.

I've been buying all my shirts from Motherhood. I go straight for the clearance rack and grab everything that is marked at $9.99. They don't seem very long to me, but again, I'm really tall. Almost all the shirts in my belly pictures thread came off the motherhood clearance rack.
February 19th, 2014, 08:35 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still in regular clothes. The waist of my jeans are too tight, but maternity clothes are still too big. I'm in scrubs 5 out of 7 days, so I will put up with too tight jeans for a few more weeks.

February 19th, 2014, 09:02 AM
NinjaMomma's Avatar Veteran
I live in PJ pants and yoga pants right now. I have one pair of full panel maternity jeans...i LOVED them, but now I hate them! I don't like the elastic around my belly. That elastic added with the pressure on my abdomen from my under wire bra makes it difficult for me to breathe comfortably. :/

Like PrincessMom, I carry my weight in my boobs and stomach. Pants fit me in the hips/thigh but ar too small in the waist...pants fit me in the waist but my butt/thighs are swimming in them. My boobs are so big that I just can't go without a bra, but they are so uncomfortable for me right now. :/
February 19th, 2014, 11:52 AM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
I am still wearing my regular clothes- but differently than I did pre-pregnancy. For instance what I would have worn as a dress is now paired with a pair of leggings and cardigan, etc. I'm just finding different ways to wear what I already have. I still have a few pairs of jeans that I can wear - but only because they were way too big before I got pregnant. lol I did buy a few maternity dresses- but I am going to try to keep my purchase of maternity to a minumum because by the time I'm that big it will be spring/summer and I have a lot of skirts/dresses that will work just fine. (I hope) The only thing I may splurge on is a pair of maternity jeans.

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

February 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also in maternity clothes now. They are just so much more comfortable and my jeans were really starting to make my stomach hurt. I still mix in some of my old long shirts but for the most part I am keeping in the maternity clothes.

I found some long shirts at Old navy that are not huge in the maternity section. They seem like they will let me grow a bit too so I am pretty pleased with them for now.
Lindsey608 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 19th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I need to get to Old Navy! The one by me doesn't carry maternity so I need to go to the one across town sometime.

February 19th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am still in regular clothes. Although I am wearing a belly band to cover the gap where my shirts are getting shorter.
February 19th, 2014, 05:42 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingoffplace View Post
I am still wearing my regular clothes- but differently than I did pre-pregnancy. For instance what I would have worn as a dress is now paired with a pair of leggings and cardigan, etc. I'm just finding different ways to wear what I already have. I still have a few pairs of jeans that I can wear - but only because they were way too big before I got pregnant. lol I did buy a few maternity dresses- but I am going to try to keep my purchase of maternity to a minumum because by the time I'm that big it will be spring/summer and I have a lot of skirts/dresses that will work just fine. (I hope) The only thing I may splurge on is a pair of maternity jeans.
I've been wearing my shorter dresses as shirts also with stretch pants, leggings, or even sometimes jeans. I've actually shopped for them at the thrift store lately. Since I'm well endowed in the chest area, many maternity shirts are too short on me and you can see the panel or I have to wear my band and it looks pretty obvious lol

February 19th, 2014, 05:56 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingoffplace View Post
I've been wearing my shorter dresses as shirts also with stretch pants, leggings, or even sometimes jeans. I've actually shopped for them at the thrift store lately. Since I'm well endowed in the chest area, many maternity shirts are too short on me and you can see the panel or I have to wear my band and it looks pretty obvious lol

February 19th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I have been having a hard time finding stores around me that carry maternity clothes. Right now everything is so uncomfortable, even my yoga pants are getting a little tight in the tummy area. I love dresses, so I'm hoping to live in those once the weather warms up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search