4 week until my first ultrasound!

Forum: **NEW** August 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaOf2andBean
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By PrincessMom08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** August 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2013, 04:07 AM
Regular
Ugh, I called the doctor yesterday as I was instructed to do. (I miscarried in October) and fell pregnant two weeks later. I had my hcg levels checked at 3 and 4 weeks. I'm 5 weeks 4 days today. The doctor wanted to see me in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks to detect a heart beat , etc etc. Anyway!!!!! when I called to schedule my first prenatal appointment, I was forced to schedule it for Dec 30! I am going mad. I will be 9 weeks, 3 days! That is so long.

Any who ... things seem to be on track this time. My boobs are ... weird, just weird. I'm nauseous but only in the morning right now, and really tired throughout the day. I'm going to enjoy every aspect, good or bad of this pregnancy.

Btw, what is progesterone? and why is everyone taking it ? I didn't use it for my first pregnancy, and was not recommended this time but it seems so common.

<3
December 3rd, 2013, 04:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaOf2andBean
Progesterone isn't common, it's usually for people with fertility problems, not everyone takes it.
Sarah1994 likes this.

December 3rd, 2013, 05:37 AM
Regular
oh good! thanks so much! I keep seeing it, so I was thinking it's something I should be taking! thanks for clarifying!
December 3rd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm only on progesterone since I've had 4 early losses that they haven't been able to explain. So they just put me on it as a precaution. I'm in the same boat with you on appointments. I was scheduled for next week at 8 weeks along but something came up at work and they can't reschedule me until the 26th! I'll be 10 1/2 weeks by then. So not happy about this.
Sarah1994 likes this.

December 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
Sarah that sucks. I too have had a previous miscarriage so when I tested + and had two rounds of blood work she too wanted to see me at 6 weeks so I called and said the doctor told me she wanted to see me at 6 weeks. That's odd that your office didn't give you a 6 week. It certainly seems more common place to have a 7-9 week appt if you've never had a loss so not sure if they were confused. My OB's office there are like 10 doctors so the staff half the time I have to tell them what's up. I wouldn't stress but you may be able to call and talk to the doctor's nurse and ask them they know more than the front desk for sure. Just to ease your mind.
December 3rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
I'm on progesterone but because I went through fertility treatment (Clomid) to take it, and the doctor I used makes it a requirement to take, so I take two supposorities a day.

My first ultrasound is on Dec 27th - still feels so far away, but time will go by quickly!
December 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
It's hard to really "feel" pregnant when you haven't seen or heard the baby. The moment you hear the heartbeat and see that little bean on the ultrasound is when it all will hit you! Actually I never really could wrap my head around the idea that I would be having a baby until I was holding him!

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
December 3rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
Regular
Yes, this is my third pregnancy. I have a two and a half year old, and wasn't seen until 8 weeks. Then with my second I miscarried at 6 weeks and still didn't have an appointment until 8 weeks. Now this. I talked to the nurse herself. She is a little ditsy but I love my doctor.
I made paper chain links with my son today, one that counts the days til santa comes, and the other until we see bean on the screen
trying to be patient. I am nervous. Hard not to be. And IM STILL PEEING ON STICKS!

I love all of you, you are really keeping me sane at this time

STICKY BABY DUST TO ALL
December 4th, 2013, 02:51 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
I don't go in til January 6th so don't feel bad. I'll be like 10 weeks
Sarah1994 likes this.

December 4th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Regular
Oh you poor thing

Tags
anxious , prenatal appointment , progesterone , symptoms

Topic Tools Search this Topic