Ultrasound

Forum: **NEW** August 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jillybean83
  • 1 Post By Dixie
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By topato
  • 1 Post By momology

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** August 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Regular
Ok, this sounds silly, I know.. but I have to ask.
I know you don't typically find out until week 18-20 what you're having but,
my OB ordered an ultrasound downtown for me with all the really good equipment , etc.
I'll be almost 12 weeks, do you think I would sound silly asking the tech if she could guess what I was having? or still no possibility and I should just keep my mouth shut. this is my 3rd ultrasound this pregnancy and the first that my hubs will get to come to.. and I was just hoping to have a little guess.
I wont start shopping yet... just wondering if it something you ladies would do.. or if I should just enjoy seeing the bean and let it be til the anatomy scan at 18 weeks.
January 8th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Photog mommy
When I had my sequential scan last pregnancy at 12 weeks, my husband asked her bc I was too chicken. She said well yes I maybe able to. She looked and she said, don't go buying blue just yet as it is still early but it looks like a boy...sure enough at the 20 week scan, it was confirmed So the possibility is definitely there
Sarah1994 likes this.

Mommy to two (soon-to-be three) beautiful children
January 8th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Veteran
It's possible to have a guess but still some margin of error so like the pp, don't go buying pink or blue based on that. But hey it can't hurt to ask!
Sarah1994 likes this.
January 8th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaOf2andBean
I think it's unlikely to get an accurate determination that early. 12 weeks would probably be your NT scan. The tech may not be willing to check because if they are wrong (which at that point, it probably would be a guess and not accurate), they wouldn't want to be responsible. I think 15-16 weeks is the earliest you can really get an accurate answer.

January 8th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Well, you have a 50/50 chance of the tech getting it right. At 12 weeks, the girls look so much like boys since they can be pretty swollen down there, it's really hard to differentiate. But it's fun to guess. I had the lady guess at my 13 week ultrasound last time around and she was pretty positive it was a girl. We confirmed it 3 weeks later. I wouldn't hesitate to ask them to make a guess.
Sarah1994 likes this.

January 8th, 2014, 08:34 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
if they're going to make a guess at twelve weeks, it should be based on the... ehrm... angle of the dangle. lol

there's a theory that the angle your baby's genitals are at in relation to the body are an early indicator of gender. if they're perpendicular, boy, if they're parallel, girl. it's called nub theory. google it! it can be pretty accurate at twelve weeks.

that said? with my son last year, i asked for an educated guess at his gender at my nt scan at 12 weeks. i don't think she used nub theory, because she guessed i was team pink, and said she was 80% sure.

i had doubts, because i had my nt scan print out pictures, and he looked more like a boy to me. so we decided to fork out the money for an elective scan at 16 weeks to confirm that my baby was a girl.... and yeahhhh my baby had a penis!

so, you can ask, but take it with a grain of salt.

...and then upload your ultrasound pictures to jm and we can make educated guesses for you! lol
Sarah1994 likes this.
January 8th, 2014, 08:41 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree it cant hurt to ask but I also wouldn't buy anything. They really could just be taking a 50/50 shot But it is still fun!
Sarah1994 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

Tags
gender guess , ultrasound

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search