Deal hunting

Forum: **NEW** August 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Forget Me Not
  • 1 Post By topato

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** August 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
Forget Me Not's Avatar Four Boys and a girl!
Im cheap. I like to say im cheap. But the reality is im a mom of 4 boys who eat like horses and grow rapidly. Even though my bills are slim during the month, im really frugal. Most family say your not cheap your frugal. NO i say im cheap.
ANNNYWAY im constantly at the thrift stores. So yesterday while my mother in law was in a shop. I saw one i had heard about but not gone in. So i ran over there ( waddled my butt... ok fib again, i drove haha) and went in. I got a minky halo sleep sack with swaddle arms for 2 bucks and a 70 dollar pair of gap maternity pants that make my butt look AMAZING ( especially with my boots) for 7 bucks. WIN. She also had a basinet but had not priced it yet so i told her to call me. I would prefer a pack and play or cosleeper side, BUT depending on the price ill take that.
I love finding good deals. My BEST deal, a limited edition thomas the train lego duplo set with over 100 lego pieces, post me 10 bucks. Retails for over 500. Second best was this faded skirt i picked up and loved. Googled it, found out its 180 new and is faded to start. For 5. Oh and i got this AMAZING sweater set with puffy vest for my little guy for 6 once. It was 80 new. And had the tags on haha.
I love my local places. They are crazy cheap, all consign and i get awesome stuff.
Anyone else a deal hunter or consigner?
I wish we had antique shops in Alaska, i would be ALL OVER those!
Lindsey608 likes this.

At home working mama to four little boys. Expecting our first little MISS in Late July to Early August.

March 23rd, 2014, 12:01 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
meeee! at this point, most of my clothes and shoes are from thrift stores. ...i've noticed that i *always* get compliments on the unique things i find there-- moreso than the more expensive things i've gotten at "normal" stores. but i have this terrible habit now-- where when someone says, OMG i love your shoes! i answer-- thanks! i got them for $2 at the thrift store! ...i should just let them think i spent a fortune hahah
Lindsey608 likes this.
March 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
haha im always, THRIFT STORE! I love finding cool stuff. Or i find it super cheap on ebay haha.

At home working mama to four little boys. Expecting our first little MISS in Late July to Early August.

March 23rd, 2014, 05:35 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol! also-- the thrift store i used to go to all the time prices shoes by writing the cost on the bottom of the shoe in red marker. i've been known to show people, since i can never get the marker off anyway.
March 24th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Veteran
I like to go to Goodwill to buy junky decor to fix up and make fancy. But I've never bought secondhand clothes before! I have SUCH a hard time shopping. Anytime I'm in a clothing store I feel totally lost and never know where to find anything. The only store with a layout that makes sense to me is Old Navy. I am super intimidated by the thrift store layouts (sorted by color?). I have no idea where I'd even find the clothes I'm after! Clothes shopping is probably the thing in this world I am worst at.
March 24th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a couple of good stores near by, but I'm more of a clearance hunter at places like Children's place. We spent $100 on cads whole spring/next fall wardrobe, the original prices would have been over $500. With the outlet stores and coupons I get new stuff super cheap, like 1.99 a piece!
March 24th, 2014, 11:04 AM
we dont have outlets up here. I do surf clearence racks too though.

March 24th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a shame about no outlets we have a few in driving distance. Couponing isn't great here though, none of that crazy grocery coupon stuff you see on tv, I wish our stores matched and stuff
March 24th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Veteran
We have outlets everywhere here, and I never see anything cheap in them! Yes, a t-shirt might be marked down from $200 to $80, but who pays $80 for a t-shirt? The only place I find bargains is on clearance racks in the regular stores.
March 27th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
I'm a big bargain hunter too! We don't have awesome thrift stores in this area though (that I've found yet!) There are Goodwill and Savers, which are the big national chains and I do a lot of shopping there. Goodwill tends to price their stuff too high for my liking though ($8 for kids jeans? nah... LOL!) Yeah, I'm cheap too.

March 27th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I found a bouncer/swing COMBO, that is space saving. It was 160-180 on babies r us and only 100 on amazon!! So i grabbed it up. Its neutral in color rather then girly. but its ok, worth saving 80 bucks for the color of it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search