Ok here it is...... the unedited version..... Presenting Our Baby Girl

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mommaof5girls

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 3,2,1...Baby! LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I should start by saying this is long and very DETAILED! Not gruesome or anything just a lot of emotion and details of what I felt and remember. There were times that it seemed I had short lapses of not recalling some bits, likely because of the pain meds.

So I guess this all really started Wednesday the 11th with some blood that completely freaked me out. I called Daddy home from work freaking because I had never experienced any type of blood during any of my pregnancies and so I had horrible thoughts going through my head. And while he apparently is the rational one, He gets home and holds me crying hysterically saying what’s wrong? And then says it would just mean she was coming soon. I guess you are right. Then on Friday the 13th, I started losing large amounts of what I would say was my mucus plug, which I never really did in any of my other pregnancies. That day I started having bouts of 4-5 hours of intense contractions almost daily. Saw my doctor on Thursday the 19th and he says well that could mean anywhere from 2 hours to two weeks…. I thanked him for giving me hope and we discussed induction as I also expressed getting worn down by the bouts of painful and intense contractions. He said he could induce me the next week anytime after Thursday (because I would be 39 weeks), But that on Thursday the hospital would probably be covered up after the holiday. So we decided that I would come in to the office early Thursday morning (the day after Christmas) and they would check me and see if there was indication that I needed to be admitted because he couldn’t help if it was an “emergency”…LOL. We left the office and went to my pre-admit appointment at the hospital. I registered and signed my epi papers and spoke with the pharmacist and everyone. We got home around 6pm or so.

Daddy and I went to bed. I woke up a little after one am with a weird feeling in what felt like my cervix. It was kinda shooting pains/ uncomfortable feeling, nothing major pain wise, but definitely keeping me from sleeping. So I went and got in a hot tub to soak for a few minutes… this was a pretty routine ritual at this point. Then I decided to take two benadryl since I hadn’t taken any that night. I laid back down and tried to sleep. At 2:15 or 2:22 depending on which clock you use. I roused up, although I wasn’t really asleep yet, to a spurt of wetness. I said to Daddy, My water just broke. He says How do you know, throwing the covers back. I said it felt like it did with DD. There wasn’t much water there…. Until I stood up. It gushed out. I went to the bathroom trying to wipe off and dry myself. It wouldn’t stop coming out. Daddy says don’t sit on the toilet!!! I guess he was afraid she would fall in. It is the most horrible feeling to feel like you are peeing all over yourself and can’t stop. I finally put some pants on while he put our bags in the van. At 3:07 we were getting to the hospital. He dropped me off at the door and went to park. I told the night watchman my name and stood there waiting for someone from L&D to come get me. Luckily I had pre registered the day before and it didn’t take quite so long for someone to come. I was hoping they had a bed because they were full earlier when I was there. By this time I was beginning to hurt some and feel the contractions. I had felt one good one on the way to the hospital.

They bypassed triage and put me in a room. The other nurse laughed and said did you skip triage because you knew it was a done deal. The nurse said yep. I was soaked. She gave me a gown and another nurse came to hook me up to the monitors. And they started the IV, took blood for my epi and what not. When she checked me I was 4” 40% and -3 station. I remember thinking that was good and this might not take long. Boy was I ever wrong!

The next check I was still 4” and 40% so they hooked up the pitocin. Next time I was only a 5 and 70% and -2. So she got the peanut to put between my legs to help open up the passage way. (a big ball shaped like a peanut to put between your legs) Another doctor came in and said she didn’t like the decels in baby’s heart rate when I contracted. It was going really low in 50-60’s and not bouncing back quick like it should. They turned me to the right side to try to fix it. A few min later they turned me to the left side bec that hadn’t worked. Doctor came back and wanted to add fluids to baby’s space to try to cushion the cord and see if that would stop the decels, so they put a catheter in with baby. The nurse said she thought it was working. Sometime within this phase they turned the pitocin off because they thought baby was not tolerating it well.

I kept asking what all this meant for baby and me and the nurse kept telling me that it “could” mean nothing. She finally told me that she didn’t like to sugar coat, so when she thought there was a reason for concern or a problem she would tell me. But if there was a problem things would happen very fast. By this time my epi was working too well and I couldn’t feel anything so my nurse was calling to have it turned down… luckily she decided to check me first. It was a good thing my epi was over working, She reached to check and says that’s the cord!…. Those words really didn’t hit me as far as knowing what she meant until her next words. She immediately pushed the button and said she needed help in room 8. Within seconds 8-10 people rushed in, My nurse was kneeling on my bed holding baby’s head off the cord and making sure it was still pulsating. Another lady was shaving my belly quickly in the room. I started freaking out. My nurse reminded me about us talking about if she thought there was a problem and how things would happen really fast. She said well this is it. Within seconds I was being wheeled down the hall. With my nurse riding on the bed still holding baby girl’s head, yes inside me. She said to me you and I are going to be best friends after this. So glad I couldn’t feel any of that!

I was freaking out so hysterically bad there are no words for it. I was crying and blabbering to my nurse. I was telling her that I changed my mind and didn’t want my tubes tied, asking where the doctor was to tell her. I was panicking about being cut open and put to sleep. I was asking the medicine guy if they were going to put me to sleep. My mind was racing a mile a second. Daddy was not there. He had ran back home to get money to eat and such and wasn’t back yet so I was freaking that he wasn’t there with me. I was crying OMG and while I don’t think I was screaming, I was expressing very loudly my fear of this unknown. Everything was happening so fast I couldn’t grasp it. Someone put one of those caps on my head. I remember laying there waiting to feel the horrific pain of being cut open, luckily I didn’t feel the actual cutting. When she touched my belly she said can you feel me and I said yes and the med guy started putting syringes of stuff in my IV. I couldn’t see anything but shadows beyond the blue screen. But I could feel so much of what was going on it scared me. I felt them pushing very forcefully and painfully from my ribs downward. I thought they were killing me. A lot of the pain I couldn’t really tell what was going on just that it was the most intense pain I have ever felt. At one point the med guy warned me that my shoulders were going to hurt. Within seconds it felt like they were being ripped from my body. I was screaming again from the pain and he was pushing more drugs into my IV.

I finally heard my baby cry and knew she was out. 7 minutes after my nurse Myra called for help in room 8, baby girl was born at 9:52 am. I heard someone say she was pale. Then she stopped crying and if I leaned my head over I could see her in the warmer and people with her. I kept asking some lady if my baby was ok and all she would say was that they were working on her. Not sure how long it was but soon I heard her cry some more. And I remember someone saying her apgars were 7/9. They were telling me how big she was but most of that I couldn’t remember. I had to ask later.

I kept laying there and I kept asking over and over if I was ok and the med guy said yes. But really I felt like I was just waiting to see the light, like in the movies. It seemed like forever from the time she was out until they were done with me. I remember assessing the blood splatters on the blue sheet and the white board with items and numbers on it. Everything seemed surreal like I was dreaming, most likely from the meds being put into my IV but none the less it was a weird feeling. At one point the med guy came and said they were stitching me up now. I thought to myself they must be about done. Ummm no. Then later he tells me they are putting you uterus back in now. What??? Apparently they take it out.

Somewhere in there while they were working on me, they brought my baby girl up to my head so I could see her. She was grunting and absolutely beautiful! Someone asked me what her name was. I told them her first name. Not sure if I stumbled with it bec they asked me a second time. I kissed her and told her I loved her. And she was gone.

From then I really don’t remember the end or the ride back to my room. I remember asking where my baby was and if they were bringing her to me. Myra assured me they were bringing her to me. Then it was like we were in the room and they sat me up so I could hold her for her skin to skin. According to the board in my room it began at 10:39 am. She also latched to nurse soon but I can’t remember exactly when but it was almost immediately when I got her. We were just getting settled in the room when Daddy and Sis came in. He was pretty shocked that she was here, because we thought it would be a while. He sat down and we were talking and then he realized that I had been in surgery. He said what you had surgery and I told him about the cord and the c-section.

Avanlei Embersyn Cait joined our family at 9:52 am on Friday, December 20, 2013.
She weighed in at 7 pounds and 6 ounces and was 20 inches long her head was 13 ˝ inches.

We came home on December 22 and since recovery for me has been nothing short of horrible. I kept telling the nurses that I was in sooo much pain. Well after I was home the pain kept getting worse instead of gradually better like it should have. On Thursday the 26th I coughed a little and something popped in my left side. I felt a warm burning spreading sensation. I screamed for Daddy because I thought I was bleeding on the outside. I wasn’t but it was painful. We called the emergency number at the doctor and the lady said she thought it was normal that I would feel all kinds of weird things. The next day I was in more pain and by that night we could feel a knot on that side near my incision. It was getting really red as well. So we decided that I would go to the ER the next day if things didn’t get better. About 12:30 I got up to pee and noticed oozing from my incision on that side. It was dripping everywhere so we bandaged it til morning when I went to the ER. Sure enough I had infection. They squeezed the goo out and pushed around in the incision with a wooden q-tip end to make sure the fascia was still intact. Feeling that it was they packed my incision and bandaged it and sent me home to do the same each day at home. While recovery is improving, I feel like I am a long way from healed. My belly feels so weird and numb; I don’t have the urge to pee, and am still quite sore.

This is far from the birth I ever imagined. Sometimes I still have a hard time believing this all actually happen to me. More and more everyday I realize how special our lil one is and as one doctor said to me… how lucky we were to be at the hospital already. We were also very blessed to have an educated nurse that knew how to handle the situation. She remained calm and did what needed to be done to save our lil girl. This lady will never know how grateful we are for her. We thank the Lord for protecting our sweet baby girl. And while I am not regretful, because I would have done anything for her to be here safe.... I do hate that we didn't get the first pics and to cut the cord and hold her immediately and things like that.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

Last edited by mommaof5girls; January 5th, 2014 at 03:48 PM.
January 5th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you both are ok and thank you for sharing your story!!
January 5th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for reading.... it was a very traumatic event for me, something I never want to endure again.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 6th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Super Mommy
Very scary, but glad you are both doing ok.
January 6th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing your story so glad it all ended with you both being ok

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 6th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you for sharIng your birth story. I'm so glad that everything worked out. Hopefully you heal quickly

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search