Our Christmas Present!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By princesstracie

Subscribe To 3,2,1...Baby! LinkBack Topic Tools

January 12th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Veteran
Here is the story of our surprise Christmas present!

Christmas eve we had a bunch of family over for dinner and opening presents. I had been feeling really off that day and very emotional, I had even went to my room and cried when everyone was there because it was just too much for me to handle. That evening around 10:00 I started feeling what I thought was constipation cramps and I thought I just needed to go to the bathroom. I went to bed and woke up at 2:00 am with those same cramps and realized they were coming every 10 mins. and I found myself having to breathe through them. I woke my husband up around 4:00 and told him it was time to go. Got my parents to watch our DS and off we went to the hospital.

When we arrived at the hospital, my contractions were 2-3 mins apart. They hooked me up to the monitors, which just about gave me an anxiety attack because it took the nurse like 30 mins to find the heartbeat and she kept asking me if I had felt the baby move at all! Then some doctor came in and checked me and told me I was 2 cm and 70% effaced. I was told to walk the halls for an hour and come back and see if I made any progress. An hour later I came back and I was still at 2 cm. So they sent me home and told me to take a bath and some Tylonel and see if the contractions subside. This made me so mad. Here I am having painful contractions that I can barely breathe through that are 2 mins apart and they want to send me home! My scheduled c-section was set for 12/27 but because I wasn't 39 weeks yet (38 weeks and 5 days!) they had to wait until I was in active labor to do the c-section early. Anyway, I get home and get in the bath and the contractions started to intensify to the point that I was moaning through them. We were at home for an hour (long enough to watch my DS open his stocking and see his Santa gifts) when I told my DH that we needed to go back to the hospital because I couldn't take this anymore. By the time we get to the hospital my contractions were a minute apart and the most painful thing ever! I was screaming at this point. The doctor checked me and low and behold I was 3 cm and thinned out. My oncall OB was called in and they wheeled me into the OR. They gave me a spinal block instead of an epidural which I think hurt more then the epidural! 13 mins into the c-section the most intense pressure and pulling happened and then I heard the most beautiful sound and cried right along with him!

Silas Lee was born at 1:02 in the afternoon on Christmas day. Weighing a whopping 9 pounds 10 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. He looks just like his brother!!

sgh likes this.

January 12th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Mad-Watter's Avatar Super Mommy
He is so cute!!!!!! I love the hooded outfit <3 glad you had a successful section! How are things going now?

Thanks to *Vicki* for an AMAZING siggy

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths - Walt Disney

January 12th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He is adorable!! Congrats

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 13th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Super Mommy
He is a cutie! Thanks for sharing your story

January 13th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Attacks for sharing! He looks great!

January 13th, 2014, 10:52 AM
FDwife153's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to FDwife153
omgoodness! the lil snuggly teddy bear outfit! ador-able!

Topic Tools