Braden Leland

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Aynber

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 3,2,1...Baby! LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my checkup on Monday morning, and my doctor offered to induce me. The main reason I jumped on it was that Kelen's birthday is the 27th, and I wanted them a bit separated. Considering Kelen was 41 weeks when he decided to come, I didn't want to push it! Unfortunately, Monday I also came down with a cold/fever, so I spent my last two days in bed. Ugh.

We made it to the hospital Wednesday morning about 7am, and they got me settled with a pit drip. I was still at 3cm at that point. At 11:45, the midwife came in and checked me, said I was a good 4, and broke my water. Things went fairly fast after that. Hubby and his mom went to get some lunch, and the contractions hit. I called for my epidural, but it took awhile for them to get it. Hubby and MIL finally came back right before they started prepping me. They finally got it put in at 2:15. Thank goodness they didn't check me before hand, or I may not have gotten it! It just started working as they put the catheter in, and the midwife decided to check me. She said I was complete and ready to push. I don't think I pushed more than a dozen times, and Braden was born at 2:55pm. 7 lbs 13oz, 19in long, and a full head of red hair. About an hour or so later, I was able to get him to latch with the nipple shield, and he's already eating like a pro.

The first time I got up to use the bathroom, I was passing hockey puck-sized clots. Soon I had about 6 people around the bed checking my bleeding, doing an ultrasound and an internal check. They saw one tiny clot left at the bottom of my uterus, but that was it. They said if it continued happening, they might have to go in and use a balloon to clear them out, use blood and/or iron supplements, or the very last option, a hysterectomy. That appeared to be the last of the clots, though, and my bleeding has been good ever since.

Last edited by Aynber; January 16th, 2014 at 09:19 AM.
January 16th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad it went so quickly! He's so handsome!
January 18th, 2014, 03:29 AM
Super Mommy
Glad the bleeding stopped on it's own. He is adorable!
January 19th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the red hair, my DD had red for a while now it is turning dirty blonde. Glad all is well now. He is adorable.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 24th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Mad-Watter's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad you had a successful induction :-) he is very handsome!

Thanks to *Vicki* for an AMAZING siggy

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths - Walt Disney

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search