Cs of Joshua

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twinkle23

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 3,2,1...Baby! LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2014, 08:21 PM
twinkle23's Avatar Super Mommy
Birth story - Joshua Mark Williams

This pregnancy was very hard emotionally for me. I tend to be a very anxious person with abnormal fears that become debilitating.

I toyed back and forth for 9 months if I should have a vbac (vaginal birth after csection)
It took a lot of back and forth negotiation with the hospital and discussing the care I would be provided and what I wanted as the birthing woman. At around 36 weeks I came to the realisation that they couldn't provide me the vbac I wanted. So booked a repeat elective c section. This wasn't an easy decision but I became at peace with my choice.

The next hurdle was coming to terms with my biggest fear. The spinal block. I had such a traumatic experience with the last that the fear over rode any excitement. I cried at the thought of it and couldn't have a conversation about the birth due to the anxiety over this. It was the saddest and most testing part.

The day came of my section and I cried to the midwife, then to the aenesthetic nurse then to the person actually doing the spinal. I was blessed with 2 of the most amazing aenestatists. One caringly held my hand while the other administered the local into my spine. She had a lot of trouble getting the spinal in and kept hitting bone. To my surprise I couldn't feel this! But she asked the other lady to give it a try. She added more local and got it first go. No pain nothing. Just a little pressure but nothing I couldn't handle.

Now the fun time. I seemed to feel a lot more this Cs than my last ones. Just more moving around. They started the operation and I felt so sick and really sleepy. Almost like a weight was being lifted off me and I could now rest. They have me some meds to rectify my blood pressure. And all became well. After a little cutting and tugging I heard the "clang" of forceps. This kind of shocked me as I wasn't prepared for forceps at all. I do know his head was super low in my pelvis. Before I knew it they lowered the drapes and I heard and saw my beautiful new baby boy. He looked so so small. The midwife have him a quick check and weigh and immediately placed him on my belly. One of my requests was to not have him cleaned at all. I wanted this part as natural as possible. My amazing midwife helped place my new boy on my bare chest and we begun our skin to skin. He never left me. We breathed each other in and touched each other and started our binding process. Skin to skin is just so important. No wraps no nappy. To my surprise the midwife then asked if I wanted to keep my placenta. Why the hell not i replied lol
I sang happy birthday to my new son and promised to love him with my all we snuggled and I kissed all the parts I could . My baby was healthy and amazing.

The doctors finished the operation and while still in theatre I could feel the spinal wearing off. I could feel the pain of them cleaning all the stuff off my tummy and boy did this hurt!

My partner then had a quick cuddle while they transferred me to a normal bed and I was handed baby straight back. We went into recovery where we started our breastfeeding and soon found I was covered in baby pooh. Noice!

This is where the horrid after birth pains started. Oh my lord no one warned me about these! I spent the next 24 hours in utter agony i also had the worst midwife that forgot my pain meds - 5 hours late...
So to compensate her screw up she offered me a shot of morphine. I refused this but she shoved it in my arm anyway it was very traumatising

This is my 3rd Cs and I would say my last. While I don't regret my decision to have a repeat Cs I must say this one birth while as amazing as it was to welcome my little man into the world it was the hardest experience of my life.
I have suffered infections retained large clots and scar infections. Choose your birth wisely xxx
Mad-Watter likes this.
Yup we are doing it again!
Proud WAHM with 2 amazing children 4 and 6 years.

January 19th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad your lil one is healthy and perfect! My cs was not so great either and infection here as well. Hope you are feeling better and enjoying your baby boy!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 19th, 2014, 10:16 PM
twinkle23's Avatar Super Mommy
We are just starting to get on track. He has lip and tongue ties so feeding is difficult but I'm persevering.

He is 3 weeks now and stunning
Yup we are doing it again!
Proud WAHM with 2 amazing children 4 and 6 years.

January 20th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad he is healthy and happy! I know it wasnt the birth you wanted but immglad you both pulled through Thanks for sharing and congrats!
January 24th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Mad-Watter's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad he is here!!! Sorry about the lousy nurse; aren't those just fantastic? Ugh!

Thanks to *Vicki* for an AMAZING siggy

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths - Walt Disney

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search