Rachel's pregnancy journal

Anchor's Aweigh!

Pregnancy Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rachoochoo2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Anchor's Aweigh! LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our TTC journey ultimately began in 2007. It took us exactly 25 months and 3 rounds of clomid to get pregnant with our first daughter. She was born 05/2010 and it was love at first site. We instantly knew that wanted another baby ASAP. When she was only 5 months old I got pregnant again and miscarried before I ever really got the chance to get used to the idea of being pregnant again. Just a few months later we found out we were expecting again and 12/2011 we added another girl into our family (on her daddy's birthday!).

Two under two was a rough ordeal for me for the better part of that first year but the closer my baby got to turning 1, the more I started to get that itch for another bitty baby. I stopped BC 11/2012 but was still breastfeeding and my cycles didn't return until 02/2013 and that is when we began TTC in earnest. My cycles were all over the place and I wasn't always ovulating or ovulating late so having had past success with clomid I went to my doctor and got prescribed it again. I did four rounds on the clomid and my body successfully responded to it but I was not getting pregnant. During the process I was becoming very emotional and gaining a lot of weight.

In 09/2013 I made the very difficult decision to put TTC on hold and try to get myself to a healthier place so that we could continue. I went on phentermine and made some drastic diet/exercises changes and lost 30 lbs in 2 months! I had one more month of phentermine to go and plans to lose another 20 lbs before TTC again when I got a very surprise BFP! So here I am! God had bigger and better plans for me than I did for myself and I am happy that he knows better than I do.

We saw our little bean for the first time this week and he/she had a beautiful heartbeat measuring at 174 bpm. Love at first sight!
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
December 14th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Awww, I see that happen all the time, where ppl put of TTC and relax and focus on them and then BAM they get preggo!! So cool, that's awesome for you guys ♥

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

December 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too will have 2 under two (DS will be 18 months in July) and I am freaking out at the idea.

I had a long TTC journey too, before DS came along, and this one was a total surprise. I asked DF.. Think we should be open to more kids? Bam. Preggo that night.

I also applaud being team green, I can't not know... lol

December 17th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well DH is starting to throw up resistance on team green so I'm thinking we will probably be finding out. I'm really disappointed because I really was gung ho about it but it's not something I see as being worth arguing over either. Maybe I can change his mind still. I guess we will see since I have time to be persuasive.

My friend is loaning me a doppler! I am so excited to get to hear the baby's heartbeat! We saw it on u/s last week but didn't get to hear it.

December 22nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think my DF could actually be team green... I could not. Of course, Im still counting on the baby cooperating and actually finding out. lol

So jealous of all you ladies with dopplers! I thought of asking for one for christmas.. but thought too late. My birthday is next month... so maybe Ill ask my mom, lol.

January 2nd, 2014, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My appointment this morning went really well. I was up 2 lbs, which I considered a success especially with all over the holiday/birthday overindulging I did. I was happy with the number and now that the holidays are over I will be watching what I eat more closely. We heard the heartbeat with the doppler as well. It was really super faint and only for a second but it was 160. We talked about scheduling the big u/s and I was supposed to get it scheduled but he forgot to circle it on my paperwork so I will just schedule it next time I go. It's only 6 weeks away! I scheduled Jan 30th for my next appt but I am going to call and change it to the 31st instead. The 31st is my birthday and I didn't realize it but DH took that day off. Two weeks later I will go for my u/s (which should be Valentine's Day).

January 30th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Another appointment this morning. For the first time I feel this could REALLY be a boy. Heart rate was 148. I have NEVER in all my pregnancies had one that low. 12 more days until we find out. I was up another 2 lbs according to their scale (blah guess my scale at home has been lying to me). I'm ok with only 2 lbs a month I guess. That's steady and not excessive.

Oh AND my little sister (also due in July) found out this morning she is having a girl! Another niece for me. I only have one other and I have never met her since she lives out of state.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search