~*~ Sign In ~*~

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
Please sign in here! Doesn't matter is you are a lurker or active on this board. If you'd like to remain anonymous feel free to send a PM and I'll just add you without your name or sn.

Basic info-

Name/SN:

Child(ren):

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder:

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED):

Are you in Recovery?:

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle):

Tools you have used in your recovery:

Anything else you'd like to share with us?

Last edited by Perfectly~Flawed; February 7th, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
February 7th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Name/SN: Anniken/Nekinna2402

Child(ren): Tanja Elise

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder:
Not sure how to describe, varies from ana to binging... i try to avoid any ana tendensis now since im still nursing (im worried how it will be when im not nursing since i think i will just start to avoid food again)

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): Not sure to be very honest, I think it came slowely but its been a while now

Are you in Recovery?: Yep, I want to have a nice and normal life regards to my health, weight and eating.

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): 1 ish year

Tools you have used in your recovery: support site online with some ladies on another site

I really can't promise i will keep posting, I honestly don't feel like I belong seeing everything some of the other ladies in here goes thought, hard to explain why

February 8th, 2010, 07:14 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name/SN: Alethia

Child(ren):Brandon (9.25.07) and Kaylee (8.6.10)

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder: anorexia/ bulimia

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): I struggled a little over 13 years with it - 4 years recover... now not in recovery so it's been a 17 year process

Are you in Recovery?: i was for 4 years until about august

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): i was in recovery for a little over 4 years

Tools you have used in your recovery: Honesty, with myself and my family, making boundaries for myself, my family and my friends, surrounding myself with healthy people and healthy habits. Keeping myself in check. When I am starting to struggle - admitting it and getting my b*tt back in gear. Positive affirmations - cheesy but they did help. My Son was a huge huge proponent for my recovery.

Anything else you'd like to share with us? I'm here to keep myself in check and to support you ladies as well - no matter where you are in your journey!

Last edited by alethia; November 29th, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
February 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
Basic info-

Name/SN: Nicole /First1TimeMama

Child(ren): Lynda, 15 months.

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder: Bulimia/ Ana

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): 11-12 years

Are you in Recovery?: Yes

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): 1 yr on and off

Tools you have used in your recovery: ABA Phone Meetings, Webiteback fourms

February 15th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Veteran
Name: Heather

I have bulimia
I have struggled with eating my whole life. As a child I was overweight, and all through jr high, high school, and my first years of university I would skip meals and eat/binge in secret ( which I now realize was ed behavior). after leaving school my eating slowly progressed to restricting and I got more and more restrictive and eventually my body took over and I was bingeing which lead to purging, then that progressed and eventually I was purging everything I ate.

I am currently in a recovery program, this is my 17th week
I am in full time treatment 3 days a week, which consists of supervised group meals, a nutrition group, skills groups, and group psychotherapy.
We make weekly goals around eating and other behaviours, practice preparing meals, and our skill groups are on assertiveness, body image, and mindfulness
May 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Basic info-

Name/SN: Sarah

Child(ren): 3 boys aged 6,4 and 8 months

About your ED - I started starving myself at 15 but then I would have to eat in front of people so I used laxatives to get rid of what I ate and eventually started bingeing and purging after days of not eating

Type(s) of eating disorder: anorexia with some bullemic tendencies

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): 10 years

Are you in Recovery?: Yes and no, it creeps up sometimes I can control it sometimes I can't. My family knows and are very supportive which helps.

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): It has been a year since it got bad again although I still have my days

Tools you have used in your recovery: mostly just the support of family and friends. My doctor threatened to hospitalize me when I was 17 and I just stopped going to see her.

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...#ixzz0nAlOhmyA (~*~ Sign In ~*~)
July 24th, 2010, 04:34 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Hi. I am new to the boards but would love to be active in this group. I think it is very important and wonderful.

My name is Ashlee

I live in Maryland *USA*

I am 25 years old

I have an awesome 9-month-old baby boy (Liam)

About my eating disorder:

Type: Anorexia nervosa

Length of time dealing: I just realized it has been 10 years since I was diagnosed!

Am I in recovery: Yes, thankfully

Length of time in recovery: I just hit five years in June

Tools I used in my recovery: Therapy was a biggie (I have had the same therapist for all five of the years I have been in recovery). I was in treatment for quite some time, so I got TONS of skills that when I finally applied them...they worked!! I also moved from my home of origin and struck out on my own, it made a huge difference. Another big thing for me was gaining a bunch of weight because I had to be on meds that made me gain for a liver issue (wonder where that came from!?). I can't explain why it was so freeing, but in my illness I was so controlled and that took the control away and when I stopped the steroids and I was so much heavier...I was the same person. And that was a really wonderful awareness. I gradually balanced to a more normal weight...but it was a really interesting turn of events. Can't say you can really "use" that, but I thought it was important for me.

Anything else? Not really, I have babbled long enough.
August 2nd, 2010, 08:50 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Hm..seems I forgot to post here...LOL

Basic info-

Name/SN: Kiwimommy.

Child(ren): Ashlynn (6 months)

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder: Ana/Mia

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): About 6ish years

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): a little over a year

Tools you have used in your recovery: My daughter.

Anything else you'd like to share with us? Not that I can think of.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
August 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
TTC #1
Name/SN:Amanda/amandaleigh

Child(ren): None yet; we are TTC #1

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder: anorexia

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): 13 years

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): 3 years

Tools you have used in your recovery: The biggest step for me was accepting that I had a problem. I have always had a rough relationship with food. As a child I used to hoard food - I like looking at it, but not eating eating it. As I hit my teenage years, I felt alot of pressure to be the best at school, sports, everything, and my response to the pressure was to quit eating. I first accepted my problem when I was 17 and began counseling. Since then I have had several relapses. My husband has been a huge support. He encourages me to attend periodic counseling sessions and to see a nutritionist several times a year. I am worried how I will react to the stresses and changes of pregnancy though.
July 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM
cdukes2010's Avatar Super Mommy
Basic info-

Name/SN: csdukes2010

Child(ren): TTC our first

About your ED - I remember the day I first made myself sick like it was yesterday. I'd eaten McDonald's after a track meet and just thought to myself...hmmm I wonder if I can get rid of this. And so I did. Thus began a battle that would haunt me to this day. Even before that day I never felt "skinny enough" so I'd say it really began much sooner than that.

Type(s) of eating disorder: Anorexia/Bulimia/EDNOS

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): 14 years

Are you in Recovery?: Yes, my best attempt so far

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): 1-2 years or sometime after I met my husband, he's the first person in my life (aside from family) who made me feel beautiful for ME

Tools you have used in your recovery: My husband! I've also had to remove myself from damaging relationships. I had a friend who was struggling with Ana and it was like she was a trigger, always "better" than me. I've since tried to repair the friendship but I think the damage was done. But I think you have to do what's best for you sometimes. It's sometimes difficult for women to help other women with ED's especially when they are both in the depths of it rather than in a stable recovery. Now that I am recovering I find it easier to talk to people that have dealt with the same things.

I'm glad to have found this board. I'm pretty personal about my ED so this may be a good way for me to express myself.
August 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Rochelle
Basic info-

Name/SN:Rebecca/AquaPeridot

Child(ren): DD1- 8 .. DS- almost 4 .. DD2- almost 1

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder: Binge

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): 12 yrs

Are you in Recovery?: yes

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): Just now

Tools you have used in your recovery: Writing my emotions instead of eating them, paying attention to my habits, and drinking water before meals.

June 18th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Stephanie_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Basic info-

Name/SN: Steph

Child(ren): Reagan (2.5) and Rocco (15mos)

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder: BED and Bulimia

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): I have had BED since before I can remember and developed bulimia around the age of 19.

Are you in Recovery?: I'm in the middle of a relapse with bulimia. =(

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): I have never been able to have a lengthy recovery. When I was pregnant with both of my kiddos I stopped purging but continued to binge. A few months after they were born the purging would come back.

Tools you have used in your recovery: I'm still trying to find them. It's embarrassing to have an ED. Especially if you are obese, as I am now. I like to keep it to myself but that doesn't work anymore. When I have told friends the truth I was shunned and treated like I was lying. It hurt so badly that I've just tried to ignore it. I can't anymore. I have started getting heart palpitations and my teeth are eroding from all the stomach acid. It's a miserable existence and I feel powerless to stop it.

Big thanks to *Kiliki* for my GORGEOUS siggy!
[/URL]
October 16th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Basic info-

Name/SN: Becky/Rebecca 0217

Child(ren):Four-ages 5, 3, 2 and 1

About your ED -

Type(s) of eating disorder: I guess its anorexia-I used to eat and then avoid to make up for it...now it seems that I just don't eat much or not enough I guess.

Length (how long you have struggled with your ED): Since I was 12 I think

Are you in Recovery?: Not really-I am relapsing at the moment

How long in recovery (we all know its a lifetime struggle): I had been doing well for a while-kinda relapsing every now and then but nothing too serious until recently

Tools you have used in your recovery: Support from my Husband and trying to focus on my kids and being healthy during pg and nursing.

Anything else you'd like to share with us? I don't know...for a long time I thought I didn't really h ave an official disorder. I felt like I had control over my weight and eating...but now I don't know. I am way smaller than I want to be but at the same time I am not happy with how I look. I really am having a hard time-harder than since I was a junior in HS. That was my lowest point I think. I actually ended up fainting in class and the school councilor had to talk to my mom about it.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search