Who supports you?

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 08:29 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So who is your big supporter through your ED / recovery??

My Family has been a big supporter and my Hubby. (although last night he said if i ever went back to my habbits he wouldn't deal with it or put up with it which was really hurtful and disappointing...not that i want to go back but if i did it's hard to know he would just leave)
September 16th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry your husband said that =( Maybe he was just saying it as kind of a threat & didn't really mean it?... but he just wants you to stay healthy, you know?

I don't really have any support. I never really talk about it.. my bf knows about my "issues" or whatever... he tries to make me feel better and tells me I'm beautiful and perfect. So I guess that is my support.

But he's not a big talker... soo that kinda sucks. He's just a typical closed-off man who can't talk about his feelings!! it frustrates me!!

September 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM
i'm sorry your BF is not a talker. DH isn't into talking about it too much when i was in treatment for it a few times when we were dating and newly-weds. He's not into talking about feelings really either - seems typical of men. my friends in CA were a big support but now that i live in a different state all my friends are healthy and don't really get it.
September 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
I guess I don't really have much support. I mean, I have my sister but she's really blunt about things so I don't go to her like I use to.

I have the counselors at the last treatment place I went to, they are nice but I don't like to be a bother so I don't contact them much as I should

September 18th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alethia View Post
my friends in CA were a big support but now that i live in a different state all my friends are healthy and don't really get it.
Oh, that sucks =( Do they have any support groups in your area? I have never checked in my area... but they have support groups for almost everything! Maybe you could find one, or even start one (even if it is just online over craigs list or something)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectly~Flawed View Post
I have the counselors at the last treatment place I went to, they are nice but I don't like to be a bother so I don't contact them much as I should
Please don't be reluctant to talk to them!!! That is what they are there for. I am positive they will NOT be annoyed if you need to talk to them. That is their job, and they entered the counseling field for a reason. They WANT to help others.

September 19th, 2010, 03:58 PM
saddly they're aren't many support groups - and the fact that i'm kinda like a single parent makes it almost impossiable to go (DH works full time and does full time school ontop of it) I work and now have 2 kiddos'. I was in one for a bit when DS was a baby...but it got too difficult to have the time to go.

this is really my outlet and support...i wish i could get it to be a bit more active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectly~Flawed View Post
I guess I don't really have much support. I mean, I have my sister but she's really blunt about things so I don't go to her like I use to.

I know it can be hard to call people when you need support - but you should try - and you're NOT going to bother them - that's what they're there for!!
September 21st, 2010, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alethia View Post
saddly they're aren't many support groups - and the fact that i'm kinda like a single parent makes it almost impossiable to go (DH works full time and does full time school ontop of it) I work and now have 2 kiddos'. I was in one for a bit when DS was a baby...but it got too difficult to have the time to go.

this is really my outlet and support...i wish i could get it to be a bit more active
oh, wow, you must be super busy ... i don't even work (i am in college full-time), and i feel like i can't find the time for anything unless it's absolutely necessary =/

September 22nd, 2010, 12:16 PM
yeppers work and kiddos and house chores def all keep me on my toes - the days go by too fast to even get everything done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search