Jeans... and sizing

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I went to the store today. I have this weird thing about going to stores and trying on a bunch of jeans just to see what size I am. Like if I lost 3lbs, I go to the store and try on jeans to see if I have gone down a size. Well, I was in a rush, and I could only find the Juniors section. The Women's section was all plus sizes(???). Well, from my experience, Juniors (the odd numbers) run small. Does anyone else find this????

Anyway, since I am currently fitting into my old 6's (since I have lost some weight), and I always wear larger in Junior sizes, I was looking at the size 7's... well, they looked pretty small. So I looked at the 9's. I tried both sizes, and they were all pretty tight. Not in the waist, but in the thigh area (which is my "fat" area.. I've always had big thighs, especially since I used to be a gymnast). It made me super depressed... Two of the pairs said they were "jean leggings" so I guess they were supposed to be tight. But I looked TERRIBLE in them. I'm pretty upset. I don't know why I did that. I was hoping I would feel comfortable in at least one pair... but I didn't.

I can't come to terms with the fact that I'm not as small as I used to be. Especially since I was that size post-partum, and I gained all this weight AFTER I lost my baby weight!!

I almost started crying when I saw myself in the dressing room mirror (and you know how unflattering those are!!). I just wish I didn't hate myself for being the size I am. And I wish I could just lose the weight that I want to lose in a healthy way. I alternate between restricting and binging, and obviously that's not healthy, and it is not going to help anything. But I can't just eat normally!!!!!

I just wanted to vent. I hope this is not triggering for anyone... I tried my hardest to make it not be... i apologize if it is... =(

October 4th, 2010, 11:15 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
blah! I hate jeans shopping - clothes can be SO mean - because every style and type fits you differently and in different sizes! grrrrrr. It almost feels like clothes with the size tag are made to make us feel like cr&p, and yet we also like to go back again and again to see what size we can get into

The jean legging things are supposed to be suctioned to your body - so don't worry about that part.

Vent away mama! I know how you feel! I need a pair of jeans for a seminar in 2 weeks and i'm dreading going out and getting a pair that fit b/c all my pre-preggo ones no way in H*ll will fit.

sorry it made you feel like poo i think we've all been there tho!
October 5th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know, every brand is sized so differently... I hate it, because I can't order jeans or pants out of a catalog; I have to go to the store and try them on!! For example, I am currently wearing an old pair of size 4's right now (the other few pairs I am wearing are 6's... so the size 4 jeans most likely ran big!!!).... but anyways, when I go to any store and look at the jeans, there is NO WAY IN H*LL I'd be able to fit in any of the size 4's!!!!!

I hope you find some jeans that you like and feel comfortable in for your seminar! From the pics I have seen of you in our playroom msg board, you look super skinny and I have always been jealous of you, lol!!! I'm sure you will look great =)

Last edited by k1210; October 5th, 2010 at 11:28 PM.
October 6th, 2010, 09:32 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol you're too funny....well since i just had a baby ... there is lots of extra everywhere! I know i'm putting off the jeans shopping ... booo. I'll probably go next week during my lunch break so i have a limited amount of time to stress out over the sizes etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search