morning sickness trigger???

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Hi girls im kind of new here but need some advice, first off here is my background info-

I've been anorexic since i was 13 when my step father started sexually abusing me, I got pregnant as a result of that at 16 and lost the child at 26 weeks when i was attacked again. My step father was sent to prison for 5 years and my mother threw me out - it was around that time that i began to self harm. At 18 i really began to struggle with controlling my anorexia and i developed bulimic tendencies. i went to rehab at 19 but it didn't stick, tried again 6 months later but again i relapsed and gave up. By 21 i had pretty must resigned myself to the fact that i would be stuck in that madness until it killed me. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks - i hadn't had a period in 8 months so had no idea i was even pregnant until i lost it. as i was laying in the hospital bed i was so utterly ashamed of myself - until that moment i really didn't care if i lived or died, but i never even considered that my actions could hurt or indeed kill another person. i went straight from hospital to the priory and stayed there for 12 weeks. i have been in recovery for just over 3 years now with no relapses for 9 months.
Im 24 now and have recently moved to Ireland to be with my first real boyfriend and I just found out that im pregnant again. First off im petrified that something is going to go wrong and second im worried morning sickness will trigger my bulimia - one thing that has never really gone away, i don't act on it but it is definitely still there.

anyone out there who can help? any advice? be kind plz
October 15th, 2010, 02:45 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry for all you've been through - i know how painful life can be. But Welcome to the group/board and congrats on your pregnancy.

My morning sickness didn't ever trigger my eating disorder - i actually felt really guilty when i got sick. Take it easy, take it a day at a time. With DS the weight gain in the beginning was very difficult for me - but i made it through by just reminding myself that it's not about me it's about my baby and the healthy choices i made are for my baby - and eventually became for me too. I had to get rid of the scale tho - that really made things so much harder even just having it around. I also started rubbing my belly and talking to DS to connect to him and also remind myself that my tummy wasn't really a tummy it was a baby. I did have my times that i struggled - but i made sure to reach out and talk to others and talk through those moments. You can do it!!
October 16th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a recovering bulimic myself, and with DS that was my biggest worry. Will m/s make me relapse. The truth was, those times i did have severe m/s it drained me far worse than self purging. I never got that euphoric feeling from it that I was accustomed to for so many years. SO when the m/s finally subsided and I could eat a little normally I never even thought about purging.

Just take it a day at a time and try as hard as you can to let yourself feel this pregnancy. It's an amazing thing to experience.
October 18th, 2010, 05:29 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thank you, feeling a bit better now. I'm really glad this is part of the forums - there is no way i could ask "normal" mommies-to-be about this stuff.
October 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, welcome to the forum =) I'm sorry for all that you've been through... it must have been really tough, and you're very strong for dealing with all of that trauma!! <3

Also, Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Do you know your due date yet?

I had morning sickness with my first pregnancy. I was really young and I didn't keep it... so I only dealt with the morning sickness for like a week or two. I remember it being miserable though. All I could do was lie in bed. It's definitely a lot different than making yourself throw up...

I agree with Alethia about getting rid of the scale. I didn't do that when I was pregnant with my son, and it really sucked seeing my weight go up!!! Even though I knew it was for my baby, it was still hard. I used being pregnant as an excuse to eat anything and everything!!! If I ever decided to have another baby, I would definitely eat more healthy. Because I think I felt like I didn't NEED to gain all that weight and I was only gaining it because I was eating so much junk... so it made it a lot harder to accept.

(Just wanted to add... Ireland is beautiful!!! I have never been there; I've only seen pictures from when a relative went. But it was soooo pretty in the pictures. I remember being really jealous that I didn't get to go, lol.)

October 26th, 2010, 05:40 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TY hun, oh i smashed my scale last year - decided i wasn't going to live in fear of the numbers anymore. I've found that as long as my jeans still fit and i can wear my fav dresses then im maintaining a healthy weight and im OK.
I'm not sure how ill deal with the weight gain now but as long as i stick to healthy nutritious food then I'll be fine. This is a real excuse to get my body in peak condition - god knows ill need to be fit and healthy if im going to deliver a baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search