Settle an argument for me please.

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Super Mommy
My DH and I over the years have argued weather a site I go to is a pro-anna or not. So how can you tell if it's pro-anna or just supportive to everyone along the path to recovery. He feels I go there TO get sicker, I feel I go there WHEN I'm sicker. That is two completely different things. How do we know weather it's pro-anna or not? This is a preemptive thing as it's only a matter of time before we fight over my computer history.
September 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if they're on a path to recovery it's not pro- anna --- pro-anna is for typically support of the continued ED, with things like thinspirations, tips for loosing weight etc. If you go there WHEN you're feeling sicker -that's not uncommon - most ppl seek support when they're struggling, we need that boost and that - you can get thro this. i'm voting not pro-anna at all. But also, i know htat you're hubby is just considered and being a septic for you're best interest - because i know in my eating disorder i've liiiiieeed sooo much to keep things going, so my hubby questions - appropriately - some things too. It's cuase he loves you as frustrating as it is.
September 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Super Mommy
Thank-you. We talked about it today, as long as I'm NOS, taking my medication, and my team of doctors aren't worried then he has no right to be. However he reserves the right to call BS if he feels I'm lying to anyone of them. He will take me to emergency if I purge. I don't fully feel that's fair but it's a decent compromise enough not to hide my current behaviors.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search