Intro

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Hi, i just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself, ive been lurking for a while. My name is Bree, and im 24, I have 2 little boys, Ross who is 16 months and Will who is 5 weeks old. I suffered with bulimia, mostly laxative abuse and some periods of anorexia.

Since having my second son i have been having some unhealthy thoughts, i am at my lowest weight since highschool and I am happy with my weight and my body but i find myself obsessing with staying at that specific weight and obsessing over foods, I could really use some support because i know these thoughts are not healthy or normal

anyways i look forward to getting to know you all and being an active member

November 28th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry things are getting rough for you but welcome. This board is slow at times. I'm Lisa, I have anorexia and bulimia. A beautiful "little" boy who's 9, named Miguel. Even tough we're slow vent away and tell us how we can help.
November 28th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome Lisa, its just so nice to have a place full of people who actually understand, I dont have anyone to talk with IRL about my ED it really helps me to get it out

November 29th, 2011, 09:31 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome! I'm sorry for the rough time you're going through - i'm right there with you right now as well.

my name is alethia, 28, DS is 4 and DD is almost 16 months. I have suffered with anorexia, bulimia and ednos for since i was 11 ... i had 13 years that were really hard ups and downs and then 4 years of recovery with some slips right now i wouldn't say that i'm in recovery. It's been a 17 year journey and like you i feel really alone in it at the moment. no one IRL i can speak with about it - like i have been able to in the past.

the board is slow, mostly lurkers - which i understand. i hope that you feel free to post here as much as you want - vents, concerns, questions - anything.... i'll try to do better too.

Again, welcome - and i'm so glad you finally gave your intro!
November 29th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the welcome Alethia, im sorry that you are going through i rough time as well

your children are so cute, I love the pic in your siggy of your son trying to pick up that huge pumpkin, it looks like it might weigh more than he does!! too cute

November 29th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Up's and downs ... i think it's like that for everyone going through a battle and recovery.

thanks it did .. i couldn't even pick it up he gave it a great shot though!
December 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Hi there...I am Ashlee...I am 26 and have two boys....WAIT A MINUTE! I know you

Bree, feel free to PM me or message me on Facebook any old time. I 'was' anorexic for 6 years of my life and in treatment pretty much those whole 6 years (15-21). I continue to see my counselor and struggle with weight/eating/dieting thoughts on a regular basis. I am at a higher weight and am constantly at odds with myself, knowing I am healthier here than I was before, but still wanting to be small like I once was. Sometimes the eating disorder and thoughts feels like a bad dream...and sometimes it is still very real. I find I struggle more after a life stress (um, adding a new baby anyone??) and get a little more obsessive about it.

But seriously, I know what it feels like and how many folks don't understand what it is like. I am here to support you!
December 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Hello! And CONGRATS on Baby!! -- I know what you mean about the added stress with a new LO. on top of everything else.
December 7th, 2011, 01:40 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Hi there again mama! Sorry I am always popping on and off in here. I forget about it and things have been a little crazy since beanie deux arrived But I will try to come down here more often!!
December 7th, 2011, 02:24 PM
thanks Ashlee, I really appreciate your offer I will take you up on that for sure

December 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM
no worries - i know how it goes ... i think we're all there. Glad you're back ... well ... you know what i mean

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search