So everyone's having a hard time?

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Super Mommy
We need to brainstorm some things we can do to help ourselves/each other. It seems like we are all having a hard time. So what can we do to support each other?
December 1st, 2011, 06:16 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's so hard to know how to support you ladies on-line, i can't give you a hug, or go out to coffee, or sit and just chat.

What can i do to help ya'll?

I'm not sure what i need except just to be able to come here and say i'm having a hard time. everything i eat is a battle to eat it or keep it down. on top of that my DH got us gym memberships which is great but at the same time i can use it negativity to loose weight vs. getting stronger and healthier. I wish i knew why i can't just snap out of it. why this relapse is sucking me in so much vs the smaller ones i've had after having my kiddos. So much is going on and changing and days and moments are going by so fast i feel like i can barely touch the day and it's gone.
December 1st, 2011, 06:46 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i agree its hard to know what to do for you all, i wish i could do more than just listen, it would be so nice to be able to talk with someone who understood

im not really sure what i need yet, im still having a really hard time and i tend to keep it to myself, even though it helps to get it all out. Honestly just knowing others understand and that i have a safe place to come is helpful to me

December 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
Super Mommy
They have a chat room here, what if we all met in there a couple of times to have "coffee"?

I think the hardest part for me is it is so confusing, secretive and isolating that I don't really know what to say. I kinda feel it's just part of life at this point.

Alethia please try to meet with a personal instructor 1x a month that knows you have an ED. So they can help you come up with a plan for the month. Hopefully it can help you not to relapse more.

On a up note kinda I started my meds again yesterday so hopefully it'll help. I'm also keeping a food journal, I know bad idea, so my therapist can see it. Hopefully she can help me because she's at a complete loss about me. Since I'm horrible at talking she seem to think I don't need therapy and I don't see the point. I'm kinda worried I'm sabotaging things that would probably help, not meaning to ofcourse.
December 1st, 2011, 12:44 PM
i would love to meet for "coffee" in the chat room, that sounds awesome

im thinking of trying to find a therapist, ive never been before but i probably should, i just hate to admit i need help, im so shameful about it i wish i didnt feel that way, because i think therapy would probably be a good thing for me

December 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
Try to find a place that has an intake that you fill out before seeing anyone. It was much easier to check the box and fill out the paper then actually say it.
December 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM
thats a good idea, id be much more comfortable with something like that. I have no idea how to find a therapist though, i guess i should start doing some research

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search