Friday Friends

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 06:41 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do your friends know about your past/or current struggle?
Are they supportive if they do?
Are there some friends you talk to about it (know) and others that don't?
Do more online friends-acquaintanceships know / vs. IRL?
December 9th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
none of my IRL friends know (apart from my DH - does he count as my friend LOL) so definitely more online friends know

December 10th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Super Mommy
Do your friends know about your past/or current struggle? they know it's a past struggle but not a current one.
Are they supportive if they do?There's nothing to soupport
Are there some friends you talk to about it (know) and others that don't? No, I don't talk about it. Some people ignore or feel dieting is an eating disorder.
Do more online friends-acquaintanceships know / vs. IRL? on-line is the only place that I talk about it.
December 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Most of my friends past and current know I have struggled with it. Although current ones have no clue to the severity, past ones were there.

All of the people in my life are either supportive or apathetic (in a good way). Thankfully I don't have anyone who doesn't understand or says stupid things.

I don't much talk about it anymore, although here and there it will come up. More with older friends, since they remember and will sometimes mention how things were back then. But I don't bring it up too often with newer friends. My mom and I sometimes talk about it, since it seems like a different life. But it is always in a positive way.

I don't hide it from anyone, so I guess it is even. I mean, I don't tell the grocery store checker...but my friends and relatives all know about it.
January 2nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
I kept it a "secret" for a while. It is the worst thing I could have done. Although, everyone knew. I thought they did not know, I thought that I did not look sick, my habits were a secret, etc. But, they all knew. Some of my closest friends were instrumental in my going IP last summer, helping with my daughter, and checking in on me now. I do not share with those I am not closest with. But I have found that it is nice to have some friends know now. They do not always understand. But I need accountability.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search