Comments

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2011, 06:20 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know we've all had to hear and deal with comments about our weight and the way we look.

How do you feel when someone comments trying to be positive about your weight or the way you look?

how do you typically respond?

what are you really thinking when something positive is said?

How do you feel when someone comments in a concerned fashion about your weight or the way you look?

How do you typically respond

what are you thinking when someone says that they're concerned?
December 30th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
How do you feel when someone comments trying to be positive about your weight or the way you look? I dont like it when people comment about how i look, even if its to say i look good, i dont know why but it just makes me uncomfortable

how do you typically respond? I just smile or say thank you

what are you really thinking when something positive is said? I think they are lying and wish they wouldnt notice things

How do you feel when someone comments in a concerned fashion about your weight or the way you look? It usually makes me feel defensive or angry

How do you typically respond it depends who it is, but usually i just say "alright" or nothing at all

what are you thinking when someone says that they're concerned? That they should mind their own business and that Im fine, but deep down i know they are right

December 31st, 2011, 11:52 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
How do you feel when someone comments trying to be positive about your weight or the way you look? I usually feel good about what they said and can honestly thank them. Although that has not always been the case. I used to hate it and wish they would keep their dam* mouth shut.

how do you typically respond? I say "Thanks, I have been trying to be healthier for my kids" or some other benign comment.

what are you really thinking when something positive is said? Actually, nothing anymore. I don't doubt what people say anymore, since I figure it is not worth my time or energy to second guess their comment. I used to feel hateful and not want them to say anything in regards to my looks/figure. But now I am a little more secure in myself and my skin, so I don't feel angry anymore.

How do you feel when someone comments in a concerned fashion about your weight or the way you look? It doesn't happen often anymore, since I am at a healthy weight (and have been for a few years). But if someone were to be concerned (like if I looked like I lost weight or looked unwell), I would probably be put a little on the defensive, since it is likely not any of their business. If it was my parents or something, I would reassure them or tell the truth. I would be a little less defensive, since they have a "stake" in my wellness and would only be meaning the best by asking.

How do you typically respond? I would prolly just say "Thanks for checking, but I am good/okay where I am. I would let you know if there was a problem" (even though I likely would have no intention of doing so)

what are you thinking when someone says that they're concerned? I think they are nosy and need to worry about their own stuff. Again, unless it was someone with more to "lose" by my being sick again. I generally think folks need to zip their lips in regards to others and their looks. So I am quite sure I would not take it well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search