New around here

Forum: Mommies With an Eating Disorder

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With an Eating Disorder LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2012, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A litle bit of background. I've had problems on and off since middle school. My Dad is the kind that really focuses on looks-my Mom for the longest time was a size 0. She is now a size 2 or 4 and has had 7 children and is in her late 40s. He always makes comments about her size. So I grew up with that going on a lot and even had comments directed at me. Now I am married and have 4 kids. I am 5" almost 2" but my weight is not where it should be. What really freaks me out is that I am not trying to lose weight. I am BFing and I really don't want to have to stop because my son is not a year old yet. I feel really crappy about this. I want to be healthy for myself and my kids-especialy my daughter who is 2, I don't want her growing up feeling pressured to be super thin.
I thought that I was over this problem but every week I check my scale and I keep losing weight. My Mother (and MIL) are constantly making comments about how skinny I am and it drives me nuts. Its like "thanks for reminding me that I am not perfect.
I don't want to talk to my husband about this because it just seems to frustrate him and I know that he will feel guilty for complementing me on how good I look.
I guess I am hoping to find tips on how to deal with it sneaking up on me like this. Has anyone else just realizedthat they are getting smaller and it isn't b/c they are counting every calorie they eat?

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
October 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am still having a hard time maintaining a healthy weight. I feel like I eat a lot-and not all of it healthy. This morning I weighed myself and I am 100 lbs. DH would be really upset if he knew. I feel like I have to keep it a secret from him. I am still nursing my now 1 year old-so perhaps if I stop my weight will stop dropping. I don't want to wean him though, I am really enjoying the connection and he shows no interest in stopping.
A few months ago I tried keeping track of my meals and calories to see if I was indeed eating enough and it looked like I wasn't making it to the 2,500 I am supposed to eat every day. I felt like if I ate anymore it was going to make me sick!! I dont' eat that great of a breakfast-usually yogurt, cereal or a protein bar with my coffee. I snack and such but it is not helping. I feel pretty good about how I look. Although I still dislike my stomach-and I feel that if I am not 100% happy with my body now at 100 lbs...I have a real problem. For a while I thought I was making it up in my head-that I really didn't have an issue and that I can gain weight any time I want. It hasn't happened yet. My mom, grandmother and MIL constantly ask me if I eat, try to shove vitamins down my throat (figuratively of course) and I just want to smack them.
I wasn't even going to weigh myself but I started feeling really tired and dizzy more often...so I thought I should check and i was really shocked and embarrassed when I saw the number. I don't have any friends who know about my problem and I am scared that DH will not help...or that he will try and force me to wean my son. I don't have anyone to talk to IRL about it. I feel like a failure and I worry that I won't be a good example to my daughter. If I can't keep myself healthy and confident in my body and be comfortable in my own skin how can I teach my daughter to do those things? Sorry for the long post, I am having a really tough time with this right now.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search